Cant decide if I should get another covid booster. What about you?

jack71

2 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Other things kill far more people.

Not many... COVID is pretty much near the top of the list in terms of causes of death these past couple years. Take the U.S. for example:

COVID-19 third leading cause of death in 2020, 2021

July 05, 2022

In the first 20 months of the COVID-19 pandemic, the disease accounted for one in eight deaths and was the third leading cause of death in the United States, according to a study published in JAMA Internal Medicine.

Overall, the leading causes of death during this time frame was heart disease (20.1%), followed by cancer (17.5%), COVID-19 (12.2%), accidents (6.2%) and stroke (4.7%).

Age-specific data differed in the first and second years of the pandemic. In 2020, COVID-19 was the fourth leading cause of death for those aged 45 to 54 years and the fifth leading cause for those aged 35 to 44 years, but it jumped to the first and second leading causes of death in these age groups in 2021.

(more)

https://www.healio.com/news/primary-care/20220705/covid19-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-2020-2021

Screenshot_10.jpg.6d14b6f7bde109bedbf3975fabec0726.jpg

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yep agreed, shows just how unreliable the data can be but then it does say so itself if people bothered to actually read it.

VAERS allows anyone to submit a report on any possible reaction after the vaccine, and has clear disclaimers that reports may “contain information that is incomplete, inaccurate, coincidental, or unverifiable.”

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-142387100461

The report of an adverse event to VAERS is not documentation that a vaccine caused the event.

https://vaers.hhs.gov/data/dataguide.html

Nor is it documentation that the vaccine did not cause the event. The main issue with the VAERS system is underreporting, I fully covered that point earlier in this thread.

Edited by rattlesnake

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Not many... COVID is pretty much near the top of the list in terms of causes of death these past couple years. Take the U.S. for example:

COVID-19 third leading cause of death in 2020, 2021

July 05, 2022

In the first 20 months of the COVID-19 pandemic, the disease accounted for one in eight deaths and was the third leading cause of death in the United States, according to a study published in JAMA Internal Medicine.

Overall, the leading causes of death during this time frame was heart disease (20.1%), followed by cancer (17.5%), COVID-19 (12.2%), accidents (6.2%) and stroke (4.7%).

Age-specific data differed in the first and second years of the pandemic. In 2020, COVID-19 was the fourth leading cause of death for those aged 45 to 54 years and the fifth leading cause for those aged 35 to 44 years, but it jumped to the first and second leading causes of death in these age groups in 2021.

(more)

https://www.healio.com/news/primary-care/20220705/covid19-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-2020-2021

Screenshot_10.jpg.6d14b6f7bde109bedbf3975fabec0726.jpg

Thats if you believe it

If somebody has a heart condition gets covid and dies what killed them?

Covid according to the stats

Yet without the heart condition they live

So stats are questionable at best

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Nor is it documentation that the vaccine did not cause the event. The main issue with the VAERS system is underreporting, I fuilly covered that point earlier in this thread.

We keep agreeing the "report of an adverse event to VAERS is not documentation that a vaccine caused the event."

Claims made from articles taking it out of context are misleading at best.

4 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Nor is it documentation that the vaccine did not cause the event. The main issue with the VAERS system is underreporting, I fuilly covered that point earlier in this thread.

Under-reporting is most probably the  result of the adverse event being too insignificant to be considered worthwhile. It's a pretty good bet anything really significant, such as a seizure or death, would be there front and centre.

The VAERS system is a reporting system, not a diagnostic system. I'd suggest other sources for the crusade, although it may be difficult to find anything with peer-reviewed credibility.

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Given most deaths were 70yo plus with underlying conditions how many lives did they save and for how long?

In the U.S., about 25% of the cumulative COVID deaths have been in people age 64 and younger, according to the CDC.

That includes 18% of all COVID deaths being age 50-64 (160,000+) and about 4% age 40 to 49 (36,000+), along with more than 1,700 under the age of 18.

Screenshot_11.jpg.bf0d95f240a098e56039e5c140ed987c.jpg

Source link

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In the U.S., about 25% of the cumulative COVID deaths have been in people age 64 and younger, according to the CDC.

That includes 18% of all COVID deaths being age 50-64 (160,000+) and about 4% age 40 to 49 (36,000+), along with more than 1,700 under the age of 18.

Screenshot_11.jpg.bf0d95f240a098e56039e5c140ed987c.jpg

Source link

How many had underlying conditions?

• Like 1

Just now, Sparktrader said:

No i look at details not headlines. 

84yo heart problem gets covid and dies. They were going to die anyway.

The infants and children who've died from COVID were going to "die anyway" too (to use your phrase)... just not likely for many years / decades into the future had it not been for COVID.

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

You're citing months old stats from the New York City health department... not the U.S. national or any other larger entity.

I provided you the U.S. total COVID deaths breakdown by age group above, current for the whole U.S. as of August -- 1,700+ COVID deaths in the U.S. among those under age 18.

Also, all kinds of people have various kinds of underlying conditions. But in the U.S., the COVID death stats are based on what CAUSED the death, not what other misc conditions the person may also have had at the time they died.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You're citing months old stats from the New York City health department... not the U.S. or any other larger entity.

I provided you the U.S. total COVID deaths breakdown above, current for the whole U.S. as of August.

How many deaths no underlying conditions?

Pick any country

• Like 1

Just now, Sparktrader said:

How many deaths no underlying conditions?

Pick any country

It's meaningless... Underlying conditions don't automatically cause death. But when the death certificate in the U.S. says the death was caused by COVID, it generally WAS caused by COVID.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-comorbidities-coviddeaths/fact-check-why-those-with-comorbidities-are-still-counted-as-covid-19-deaths-idUSL1N2TU22X

"So, for COVID-19 deaths, it is not unusual to see conditions such as COPD [Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease], diabetes or dementia, that are known to result in more severe COVID infection, reported in this section. Such contributing factors are also not to be seen as competing underlying causes,” the spokesperson said.

“Currently, based on the death certificate data we have received, for 91% of death certificates with COVID-19 reported, COVID-19 is clearly the underlying cause. In 9% of cases, it was a reported as a significant factor contributing to death,” they added.

Dr Lance Waller, Professor in the Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University, added: “Limiting COVID death counts to only those with ONLY COVID listed would skip all of the deaths if the result of COVID ‘tips things over the edge’,” he added."

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

It's a way of deriding those who raise valid concerns about the alarming explosion of VAERS reports (most of which are about very serious events). Again, absolutely ridiculous.

This is plain wrong, again your not even bothering to read the actual VAERS data and making utterly false claims why do you persist in doing this?

About 85-90% of the reports described mild side effects such as fever, arm soreness, or mild irritability

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/ensuringsafety/monitoring/vaers/index.html

On 8/12/2022 at 6:20 AM, jack71 said:

Ive had 3 AZ shots and overdue for another one. I'm unsure if I should get another one. I know that it seems the covid threat is over now but thailand still has thousands of people hospitalised daily and 30 deaths a day. 

I can only have AZ for medical reasons. 

Whats your take? What are you doing?

Responding to just the OP and not any of the endless stuff that a thread about vaccination inevitably spirals into, personally I'm holding off for a while on another booster, and may end up just getting one annually as some others have also indicated.  I've had three Pfizer shots (third one was a booster in December 2021), but then got covid in March 2022.  Odds seem very high to me that it was omicron as that was the predominant strain at that time where I live, and my syptoms matched (severe runny nose for several days, some aches and one night of fever and chills).  It was very mild and overall now I think my immune system is well-prepared at this point.  And key:  right now I can travel anywhere I want to go with the card showing 2 vacc shots + booster.   If that changes then I'd go get another Pfizer booster if required for travel. Or if I had an underlying health condition that I thought warranted another booster, sticking with the same brand I've had before.   An elderly family member has had two boosters. 

That's just me.  As for others, I support everyone deciding on their own what is right for them, just as OP is doing.

Edited by ChrisP24
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Lets deal in facts not scaring people.

The median age for those who died from COVID-19 was 86.9 years (85.2 years for males, 88.4 years for females

https://www.abs.gov.au/articles/covid-19-mortality-australia-deaths-registered-31-july-2021

https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/life-expectancy-death/deaths-in-australia/contents/life-expectancy

Avg lifespan 83yo.

so covid killed people older than average lifespan

Thats the reality.

Under 50yos death rate low.

My point is Factual. Not interested in “ scaring”. Your new point Just Deflects away from my point by raising another issue. Which focuses on age. Also fine. But people with Conditions also died in relatively high numbers when Unvaxxed, not only the Very Old.