Trump under investigation for potential violations of Espionage Act

Scott

Just now, heybruce said:

I'm certain of it.  If there is one thing Trump does know, it is how to get in and out of marriages with the minimum of cost and inconvenience.

So you think she may have done, but in truth we don't really know.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Let's not get carried away. Try to remember that, on the emotional level,  we're dealing with an angry resentful child. I think it's far more likely that Trump held on to that stuff because he couldn't accept that he lost the election and it was his way of trolling the Biden administration.

I agree 45 is enough of a petulant child to do as you say, but the presence of the CI Chief on the search team is what has me leaning towards more extensive charges.

I would say beyond the shadow of a doubt DoJ has to consider that 45 intended to monetize the material. It would be irresponsible not to consider that. Perhaps they will find it not to be the case, but absolutely they will consider it.

It is always a consideration in violations involving classified material. The same was considered when an NSA employee was found with lots of docs at his home. Investigation cleared him of that, but he still got 9 years in jail.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I'm certain of it.  If there is one thing Trump does know, it is how to get in and out of marriages with the minimum of cost and inconvenience.

Melania Trump used newfound leverage to redo prenup after election win, new book says

When the first lady stayed in N.Y. after inauguration, she said it was for Barron's schooling. But there's more to it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/melania-trump-used-newfound-leverage-redo-prenup-after-election-win-n1230471

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Melania Trump used newfound leverage to redo prenup after election win, new book says

When the first lady stayed in N.Y. after inauguration, she said it was for Barron's schooling. But there's more to it.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/melania-trump-used-newfound-leverage-redo-prenup-after-election-win-n1230471

Well that nails it and good for her. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I agree 45 is enough of a petulant child to do as you say, but the presence of the CI Chief on the search team is what has me leaning towards more extensive charges.

I would say beyond the shadow of a doubt DoJ has to consider that 45 intended to monetize the material. It would be irresponsible not to consider that. Perhaps they will find it not to be the case, but absolutely they will consider it.

It is always a consideration in violations involving classified material. The same was considered when an NSA employee was found with lots of docs at his home. Investigation cleared him of that, but he still got 9 years in jail.

Trump had better opportunities before. For instance when he met with Putin in Helsinki (remember those Halcyon days before Finland aspired to join NATO) and arranged to have a meeting with him without any advisers being present. Nor even a State Dept. translator.

9 minutes ago, Excel said:

So you think she may have done, but in truth we don't really know.

I think she is one of many who could be the mole.  I'm certain that Trump's inner circle is just as opportunistic and self-serving as he is; there is no contest between loyalty to Trump and personal self-interest in any of their minds, Trump children included.

It's kind of an interesting whodunit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, proton said:

Biden, or is it the 46? has already achieved that by gifting millions of dollars worth of arms to the Taliban, having no southern border control and making the USA a world wide joke. ????

And, as usual, fake news! You shouldn't get your information from Facebook and Twitter images.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/aug/20/viral-image/no-proof-biden-left-taliban-80b-weapons-or-he-want/

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, xylophone said:

MTG is a screaming far right nutjob and the fact that she is in the house of Representatives speaks volumes about the mental state of the people who put her there.

Hey! Cut that out right now! I'll have you know that some of my best friends are from Georgia.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I think you'll find that despite the mountains of evidence to the contrary, there are members who entirely agree with Trump on that matter.

Not just members. There are many Americans that will remain fully loyal to dear leader regardless of any evidence. As this clip suggests we simply must ignore them and write them off as lost to save the democracy. They are not the majority!

17 hours ago, LosLobo said:

The Russia hoax was not a hoax. 

The Trump 2016 campaign manager recently admitted that he did collude with Russia.

The "I'll admit to anythin' if it gets me outta the pen and away from their stinkin' baloney sandwiches" quote of the week award goes to...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I think she is one of many who could be the mole.  I'm certain that Trump's inner circle is just as opportunistic and self-serving as he is; there is no contest between loyalty to Trump and personal self-interest in any of their minds, Trump children included.

It's kind of an interesting whodunit.

But quite a shot in the dark nevertheless, eh Clousseau?

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

quote "I'm certain that Trump's inner circle is just as opportunistic and self-serving as he is"

So opportunistic and self-serving that they all donated all of their salary to firefighters and National park staff(and other worthy patriotic causes)? Donating his entire salary shows Trump's love for America and a total lack of greed and corruptibility. It shows he is an idealist, his love for America and his desire to make her great again, far surpasses his want for money. I'll bet the guy currently in office is not donating his entire salary.

This is what makes the left's claims that Trump is a spy so amusing.

"The President of the United States makes $400,000 annually, before taxes. During his 2016 campaign, Donald Trump promised to donate his salary if elected President. It was a promise, even his critics acknowledge, that Trump was keeping."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamandrzejewski/2021/02/27/president-donald-trump-probably-donated-his-entire-16m-salary-back-to-the-us-government--here-are-the-details/?sh=63ab9ae71a8d

Given that Trump's business consists mainly of real estate pass through corporations, and real estate and pass through corporations were especially favored by his 2017 tax bill, let's not get too carried away by his alleged generosity.

Trump Says G.O.P. Tax Bill Wouldn’t Benefit Him. That’s Not True.

“Commercial real estate came out essentially unscathed,” said Douglas Holtz-Eakin, president of the American Action Forum, a conservative advocacy group. Real estate developers “didn’t lose anything they care about,” and they got even more breaks, like a shorter depreciation schedule in the Senate tax bill, Mr. Holtz-Eakin pointed out...

“Lower pass-through rates and the repeal of the alternative minimum tax — those two alone are so hugely beneficial to Trump that I have trouble imagining any way that he wouldn’t come out ahead,” said Steve Wamhoff, senior fellow for federal tax policy at the nonpartisan Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/30/business/trump-benefit-tax-cuts.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

I've cracked the code:  "Speaking as a Brit" means the poster has views far outside the mainstream for the UK but wants people to think he speaks for his country.

LOL. On another forum, an American friend of mine, in his fifties who, by dint of his parents employment and his quick entry into the international oil and gas business after graduating, admits to only having lived seven years of his adult life in the US. He's never even voted. He says he wouldn't dare to try and get inside the heads or even second guess the political and social proclivities of his own, grown-up progeny, still living in the US, let alone speak for the millions of fellow Americans that he doesn't even know.

He admits to reading with slacked-jaw incredulity, the deep political analyses and exploration of US politics and the American psyche being loudly carried out on the forum by various Brits, Aussies and other non-Americans who for the most part, have never been to America. The special ones though are those that openly admit to having lived more of their lives in the parochial backwater that is Thailand than their own homelands. Yet still pass (what they claim to be) their opinions on a third country.

YCMTSU

For some, it's time to 'pull the head in' I reckon.

For the rest, seeya on page 28, OK?

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The "I'll admit to anythin' if it gets me outta the pen and away from their stinkin' baloney sandwiches" quote of the week award goes to...

The award for anachronism of the year goes to...

Paul Manafort was pardoned by Trump in 2020.