Trump under investigation for potential violations of Espionage Act

Scott

14 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Look at the drooling goobers who show up at his rallies. Lots of QAnon flags and logos, caricatures of 45 that make him look other than the morbidly obese butterball he is, etc. Pure fantasy. I don't think any of the rally goers were in my class at Harvard or Stanford. The Universe severely shortchanged them when it came to intellect.

I certainly can't disagree with you on that.... however I do believe that somehow most of his voters have become emotionally entangled with MAGA and abandoned reason entirely in the realm of politics.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are a number of posts scattered throughout this thread in which individuals with experience working with classified documents explain the principles of document storage and handling.

That a thief did not follow those principles when stealing documents is not a surprise and is not evidence of any of the conspiracy theories you refer too.

But you are correct, questions need to be answered on how these documents wound up in boxes at Mar-a-Largo.

It is Donald Trump who needs to answer those questions.

Thank you for raising this important point.

History will repeat itself, he'll take the Fifth, then keep the money rolling in from the gullible.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Not smart to publicly denounce the LE agencies that defend you.  That's easy enough to figure out.  You needn't worry about them killing you, but if someone else went on the attack their defense of you may lack zeal.

Now what I would like to see is DHS issue a public bulletin that the former president could become a possible threat to the stability of the country, aka threat to the homeland.  They agree to take it down when he agrees to get off the slander.

Just now, JonnyF said:

Agreed. Both were a disgrace.

However, this thread is about Trump so whatabouterry isn't really on topic.

Why would I need whataboutary, I have no desire at all to make this about anything but Trump.

But Trump’s past words and behavior are relevant where they intersect with the matter in hand.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Please post a quote herein this OP where anyone has said:

"they wouldn't have raided him unless he was guilty" 

I said narrative, with the quote in inverted commas. 

Saying there is a narrative does not suggest anyone made that quote word for word (although they may well have done, I can't be bothered to check 31 pages as I have other things to do today). It means that is the general narrative, for example, many people have suggested the FBI wouldn't have raided unless they had a very good reason to do so (not sure if that was on this thread or the other one, you can check for me if you like).

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Why would I need whataboutary, I have no desire at all to make this about anything but Trump.

But Trump’s past words and behavior are relevant where they intersect with the matter in hand.

Because you acknowledged that assuming Trump is guilty and calling for him to be locked up at this stage is inappropriate (someone on this forum called for him to be locked up for life, and no I'm not going to spend time looking for the quote).

But you couldn't resist the "what about when it happened to someone else" addendum. A simple acknowledgement that due process is required before he can be assumed guilty would have sufficed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pegman said:

Seems the Feds took Trump's passports. That can't be good. Can it?

I sincerely hope it’s true I’m not so sure none of the responsible news agencies have verified that yet it may just be trump trying to create divison  and violence it’s what he does he needs to be locked up 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Because you acknowledged that assuming Trump is guilty and calling for him to be locked up at this stage is inappropriate (someone on this forum called for him to be locked up for life, and no I'm not going to spend time looking for the quote).

But you couldn't resist the "what about when it happened to someone else" addendum. A simple acknowledgement that due process is required before he can be assumed guilty would have sufficed.

This is a discussion forum, it’s not any part of deliberations within the criminal Justice system.

The presumption of innocence is not applicable to personal opinions and personal opinions differ.

Please try to come to terms with this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I said narrative, with the quote in inverted commas. 

Saying there is a narrative does not suggest anyone made that quote word for word (although they may well have done, I can't be bothered to check 31 pages as I have other things to do today). It means that is the general narrative, for example, many people have suggested the FBI wouldn't have raided unless they had a very good reason to do so (not sure if that was on this thread or the other one, you can check for me if you like).

Show me the narrative that we are saying he is guilty, please do....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, riclag said:

Id like to see your source for that ! Maybe true for others but the office of the Potus has broad sweeping absolute over everything and anybody “at anytime “ , in fact he only needs to speak it.

Ah, that's it then, trump followers see him as some sort of "God Oracle" who only has to speak something and it is true and done.........explains a lot with his cult following, but sad all the same. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

Once again, nearly everyone seems to breeze past the point that as a past President, Mr Trump almost certainly gets handed classified material on a regular basis.

Ex-Presidents have always been kept abreast of the current and ongoing situations of the Nation.  They are considered a resource. They are people who happen to be uniquely qualified to provide suggestions, advise, and help to a sitting President, should that be needed.

But to BE a resource, they need to be kept informed. So they are!

So, why would a guy who regularly gets handed classified material............ ever believe he wasn't entitled  to have classified materials in his possession?

Belief that one has a right is not a defense in a court of law.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

After somebody cries wolf several times, it is basic human nature to be highly doubtful if they again shriek there is a wolf coming. 

Why does everyone forget that the boy gets killed at the end of the story, because there WAS a wolf, that time? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, pegman said:

I've been thinking more along the lines of a Russian sub off the coast of Palm Beach. He could take a row boat out from his club  for the rendezvous. Someone else would have to come to row for him because as everyone knows the tub of lard refuses to exert any energy himself. 

He'd have to take his girlfriend with him.  Only if she'd be willing to leave her husband, Jared, behind though.