Trump under investigation for potential violations of Espionage Act

Scott

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

How can an individual who has lost all security clearances be allowed to have classified documents?

Because he took them before he lost his security clearances and then held on to them.  The National Archives conducted an investigation which takes time and...

"Mr. Trump handed over the materials after several months of back and forth between his lawyers and the National Archives, which houses presidential records and eventually makes many of them public.

The National Archives said in a statement that it obtained the boxes in mid-January and that Mr. Trump’s lawyers told the agency that “they are continuing to search for additional presidential records that belong to the National Archives.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/07/us/politics/trump-national-archives-documents.html

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

The rumors about the types of classified top secret documents recovered are very disturbing. If true, it is difficult to imagine what would have motivated Trump to take those documents with him after he left the presidency. It sounds like the primary value of that type of info would be to foreign adversaries. What use files of this nature would have had for Trump personally is hard to fathom.

The man is a menace to America, freedom, democracy, and truth. He belongs in jail for inciting the January 6th riot, Georgia election interference, tax and insurance fraud in New York, violation of record keeping and espionage laws. There is a strong possibility that he has been compromised by Russia. Anyone still supporting this vile and corrupt man is a brainwashed fool.

2e061d8367aa415bc4e33cc2913f8d6e.jpg.b1884621c336260af6229a371bc7934c.jpg

Just because, among other things, Trump held a meeting with Putin with not only no advisers present, but not even a State Dept. translator?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

What we don't see is a single person who amplified Trump's lies about the info being planted coming here with a mea culpa.

Nor will we, they are lock step with Trump.

As his crimes get worse they double down their support.

Here we are at espionage already.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

The rumors about the types of classified top secret documents recovered are very disturbing. If true, it is difficult to imagine what would have motivated Trump to take those documents with him after he left the presidency. It sounds like the primary value of that type of info would be to foreign adversaries. What use files of this nature would have had for Trump personally is hard to fathom.

The man is a menace to America, freedom, democracy, and truth. He belongs in jail for inciting the January 6th riot, Georgia election interference, tax and insurance fraud in New York, violation of record keeping and espionage laws. There is a strong possibility that he has been compromised by Russia. Anyone still supporting this vile and corrupt man is a brainwashed fool.

And to use a famous statement from his television show all I can say is Mr Trump "Your Fired" now off to a private cell......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

What we don't see is a single person who amplified Trump's lies about the info being planted coming here with a mea culpa.

Nor will we, they are lock step with Trump.

As his crimes get worse they double down their support.

Here we are at espionage already.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) announced on Friday that she had filed articles of impeachment against Attorney General Merrick Garland as the FBI’s search of the former president’s Florida residence roils Republicans. 

Greene’s resolution claims that the attorney general’s “personal approval to seek a search warrant for the raid on the home of the 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, constitutes a blatant attempt to persecute a political opponent.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3599038-marjorie-taylor-greene-filed-articles-of-impeachment-against-garland/

Well, she kind of has a point. Instead of Merrick Garland signing off on the search warrant, it should have been done by the Attorney General....oh wait a minute.

Edited by placeholder
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

How can an individual who has lost all security clearances be allowed to have classified documents.  I will let you ponder that one.  When I retired from my former employer, I lost all of the clearances I had including computer access to data bases and everything I had overseen was audited to ensure items were not missing....sounds to me like what occurred with the former president.

As far as I know, and correct me if I'm wrong, but all former Presidents hold security clearances for life.  If that is indeed true then that would destroy the theory of your post.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

In addition to the classified material listed in the link from my previous post is also;

-A document about pardoning Roger Stone, a staunch Trump ally who was convicted in 2019 of lying to Congress during its probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 election. The Stone-related material taken from Mar-a-Lago was listed in the warrant receipt as "Executive Grant of Clemency re: Roger Jason Stone, Jr."
-Material about the "President of France."

For a natural born grifter like trump this is pure gold.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) announced on Friday that she had filed articles of impeachment against Attorney General Merrick Garland as the FBI’s search of the former president’s Florida residence roils Republicans. 

Greene’s resolution claims that the attorney general’s “personal approval to seek a search warrant for the raid on the home of the 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, constitutes a blatant attempt to persecute a political opponent.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3599038-marjorie-taylor-greene-filed-articles-of-impeachment-against-garland/

Is that correct? I thought she would surely say "cuticles of impeachtreement" or something along those lines. She must have gotten a coach to teach her how to say the proper words before she gets up to the mic. How wonderful it must be to have such fine people representing one's side as this!

• Like 2