CBD Oil: Best Value?

ricklev

I haven't paid much attention to CBD oil recently. I know the law says it still needs to be no more than 2%. I'm not really even sure if that level is useful.

However, any recommendations for a good reasonably priced source? Just looking for CBD oil with no THC.

I did buy some high CBD low THC bud but I wonder if that's as effective as oil?  I'm looking to use it for relaxation and for reducing anxiety.

Thanks.  

Edited by ricklev

49 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

I'd like to know this too, my wife has difficulty sleeping, amongst other things, and I want her to give oil a go, anybody here have a similar situation?

I tried CBD oil, did absolutely nothing for me, even at 5 times recommended dosage. Expensive at about 900 baht for 5 mL.

OTOH, 25 mg of THC in an edible cookie sedated me for 5-6 hours, one hour after consumption. Also relieved hip pain for about 24 hours.

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I tried CBD oil, did absolutely nothing for me, even at 5 times recommended dosage. Expensive at about 900 baht for 5 mL.

OTOH, 25 mg of THC in an edible cookie sedated me for 5-6 hours, one hour after consumption. Also relieved hip pain for about 24 hours.

Where did you find a cooky with 25mg of THC?  I thought all edibles were restricted to CBD and not more than 0.2% THC but have seen reports on YouTube of tourists being unexpectedly blasted to the moon with brownies labelled as CBD only. And some cafes reportedly offer a "happier" browny at a higher price. Seems a bit dodgy if tourists are inadvertently getting super stoned while expecting only hoping for CBD buzz to deal with their aches and pains and insomnia. But if people know what they are getting into, fair dinkum. Being on a bad trip in a strange city can't be much fun, paricularly if they are not used to it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Where did you find a cooky with 25mg of THC?  I thought all edibles were restricted to CBD and not more than 0.2% 

The best rare strains in the world only contain a lot of THC-V or CBD, was found by strain hunters from holland in Congo, which was a huge operation, the guy who found it also died later on from Malaria.

To have zero THC in cookies would mean one need to make a sole CBD extract first, that rarely happens.

Aside of the fact, that for pain killer function, you actually would like some THC in it. Where to find one with that specific dosage, I am not sure, neither if it is even true. 

I doubt it is true, as it would not work that good and long with such small amount. You would need lab tests for that, and those might reveal many more things.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

3 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Where did you find a cooky with 25mg of THC?  I thought all edibles were restricted to CBD and not more than 0.2% THC but have seen reports on YouTube of tourists being unexpectedly blasted to the moon with brownies labelled as CBD only. And some cafes reportedly offer a "happier" browny at a higher price. Seems a bit dodgy if tourists are inadvertently getting super stoned while expecting only hoping for CBD buzz to deal with their aches and pains and insomnia. But if people know what they are getting into, fair dinkum. Being on a bad trip in a strange city can't be much fun, paricularly if they are not used to it.

I am obtaining cookies containing 100 mg, and cutting them into quarters. I do not wish to give any further details, either here or by PM.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am obtaining cookies containing 100 mg, and cutting them into quarters. I do not wish to give any further details, either here or by PM.

"I am obtaining cookies containing 100 mg, and cutting them into quarters"

I think you just gave the details. 

1 minute ago, MrJ2U said:

"I am obtaining cookies containing 100 mg, and cutting them into quarters"

I think you just gave the details. 

Do I say who I am getting them from, how much they are, etc.? Duh.

On 8/21/2022 at 1:32 PM, Lacessit said:

Almost identical experience with CBD oil.

Starting eating cookies ( with THC ), much better results and a nice buzz to boot.

43 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Why the cloak and daggers, there's multiple places that sell them online delivered direct to your house inter-province.

4 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

The best rare strains in the world only contain a lot of THC-V or CBD, was found by strain hunters from holland in Congo, which was a huge operation, the guy who found it also died later on from Malaria.

To have zero THC in cookies would mean one need to make a sole CBD extract first, that rarely happens.

Aside of the fact, that for pain killer function, you actually would like some THC in it. Where to find one with that specific dosage, I am not sure, neither if it is even true. 

I doubt it is true, as it would not work that good and long with such small amount. You would need lab tests for that, and those might reveal many more things.

Interesting. I take the point that it is not easy to ensure that edibles contain only CBD or no more than 0.2% THC. Small producers for cafes etc are unlikely to have the expertise or the properly calibrated measuring equipment to keep THC under 0.2%.  It is going to be very hard to police. Cops could just haul away everything and demand bribes, as the owners know that police forensics always come up with the requested results. This could be lucrative for cops but would kill the edibles industry which has developed over the last couple of years and most of the cannabis teas and dishes are very low THC even if not exactly 0.2%. That would cause a backlash from all the small business owners and the people who voted for Bhumjai Thai.

Thaksin might try though, if he got into power. Everyone remembers his brutal war on drugs aimed at cutting off his son's supplies. 

7 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Why the cloak and daggers, there's multiple places that sell them online delivered direct to your house inter-province.

I don't give out other people's details without their knowledge and consent, and I'm not going to take time out by asking them to satisfy you.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Interesting. I take the point that it is not easy to ensure that edibles contain only CBD or no more than 0.2% THC. Small producers for cafes etc are unlikely to have the expertise or the properly calibrated measuring equipment to keep THC under 0.2%.  It is going to be very hard to police. Cops could just haul away everything and demand bribes, as the owners know that police forensics always come up with the requested results. This could be lucrative for cops but would kill the edibles industry which has developed over the last couple of years and most of the cannabis teas and dishes are very low THC even if not exactly 0.2%. That would cause a backlash from all the small business owners and the people who voted for Bhumjai Thai.

Thaksin might try though, if he got into power. Everyone remembers his brutal war on drugs aimed at cutting off his son's supplies. 

The math is as follows: Let's say a cookie is 50 grams. = 50,000 milligrams. Therefore, the THC in the cookie is 100 mg to get the desired 0.2% level.

Being accurate with putting 100 mg of THC into a single 50 gm cookie is a big ask, not so big if one is making a batch of 500.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I don't give out other people's details without their knowledge and consent, and I'm not going to take time out by asking them to satisfy you.

From someone who posts on average over 3,000 times a year..

5 minutes ago, bobbin said:

From someone who posts on average over 3,000 times a year..

I don't know what my post count has to do with not disclosing someone else's details, but thanks for keeping count. I don't bother.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I don't know what my post count has to do with not disclosing someone else's details, but thanks for keeping count. I don't bother.

Well.. if the "manufacturer" is a commercial enterprise then you are just being uncooperative and if you are "protecting the identity" of a home baker then you have no idea how much THC is is in your cookie.

That level of quality/potency is well beyond a home baker...

Sometimes a "snarky" reply requires an equally "snarky" response.

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

But there's many many shops advertised online that sell all sorts of goodies...

42 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Well.. if the "manufacturer" is a commercial enterprise then you are just being uncooperative and if you are "protecting the identity" of a home baker then you have no idea how much THC is is in your cookie.

That level of quality/potency is well beyond a home baker...

Sometimes a "snarky" reply requires an equally "snarky" response.

I can be extremely unco-operative with people who rub me up the wrong way. As are most people. As for snarky, it's not my problem what you take from what I post.

The attached photo indicates the product is not made by a home baker. Possibly you can find a link to a producer from that photo.

potcookie.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

But there's many many shops advertised online that sell all sorts of goodies...

Then I suggest you check them out, entering THC  cookies if their webpages have a search function.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Then I suggest you check them out, entering THC  cookies if their webpages have a search function.

Oh i am, don't worry about that.

Currently trying all the different outlets i can find.

200baht per cookie, delivery 2 days for 100 baht.

Happy days.

100 mg is a pretty high dosage.

Would be intersted to understand their source material, and extraction method(s).

Many edibles, like gummies, come in 5 mg.

For the OP, I'd suggest a high (30:1) CBD flower, like Charlotte's Angel, from a reputable source here. The Dispensary at Taratera sells an eighth for 1,250.

edibledosingchartleafly.jpg

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

100 mg is a pretty high dosage.

Would be intersted to understand their source material, and extraction method(s).

Many edibles, like gummies, come in 5 mg.

For the OP, I'd suggest a high (30:1) CBD flower, like Charlotte's Angel, from a reputable source here. The Dispensary at Taratera sells an eighth for 1,250.

edibledosingchartleafly.jpg

Being cautious, I divide the cookies I buy into quarters.

I don't get any euphoria on 25 mg, just 5-6 hours of sedation. If I wanted euphoria, oral demerol sends me higher than a kite.

I am not tempted to try for a higher dose, I am getting the effect I want.

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I can be extremely unco-operative with people who rub me up the wrong way. As are most people. As for snarky, it's not my problem what you take from what I post.

The attached photo indicates the product is not made by a home baker. Possibly you can find a link to a producer from that photo.

potcookie.jpg

So you will share - lol.

Classic.

2 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

So you will share - lol.

Classic.

If you can explain how the photo I posted identifies the person who made that product, go ahead.

I'll decide if it's time to put you on ignore as a nuisance poster based on your response.

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If you can explain how the photo I posted identifies the person who made that product, go ahead.

I'll decide if it's time to put you on ignore as a nuisance poster based on your response.

I would suggest the company name might be a give away?

Ignore list - goody, as you don't sound like much fun to converse with.