Pattaya Now - short trip planned

AllanD

Hey everyone, me and the missus are planning a short trip to Pattaya for a few days. We live in Korat and up here you would never know that the "mask mandate" had been lifted with (I'd estimate) 98% or more of people still voluntarily wearing them. Plus, hotel bookings here still require proof of vaccination or a negative ATK test upon check in. I'm just wondering what to expect in Pattaya? Are things any nearer "old normal" in Pattaya? . Have just seen the post about the influx of Indian tourists. Are they congregated in any particular area of town? Are things generally still pretty quiet or back to "pre pandemic" hustle and bustle?? Cheers for any info!

Depends on so many factors ..what's your expectations, entertainment needs ..quality of hotel and restaurants u are willing to pay for ...had a excellent 3 nights at The Avani hotel ..but for some very expensive !!! I stayed away from the bars with the risk of covid transmission !!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What are you asking about, you appeared to talk mostly about masks? No mandate here but many locals and visitors from Bangkok still wearing. No vaccination check to go anywhere or do anything. Lots of Indian tourists, mostly seen on 2nd Rd for some reason....Bua-khao is quite busy and they have a ruddy music festival nearly every weekend which brings in the crowds. Not pre-pandemic, as no Chinese or Russians, but picking up. 

good point no russians and Chinese..the Indians well have to put up with lol 

If I was choosing a hotel it would be near Terminal 21. Opposite there’s plenty choice and 5 mins to sea front. Also a 3 min sea front Baht bus will take you to Central,Festival Mall and town center.  At the moment plenty of decent hotels and nicer ones on Booking.com around 3300 Baht for 3 nights. Indians tend to hang around walking street area and near the school/ temple  as there are all the Indian restaurants and cheap massage., Enjoy. 

11 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I've just come back from a week in Pattaya.

No mention of Vax status at the hotel upon checking in or anywhere else I visited.

I heard that you did need to show proof of Vax to enter the music festival arena.

Many people not wearing masks when out and about but some shops request you do.

Generally busy at the weekends for bars and restaurants but Mon, Tues, Weds was alot quieter.

The Indians didn't really seem to be in one specific place but around most of the town.

I stayed just off Soi Buakhao and they were visible in the street but not in the bars and they usually stick to their own restaurants, run by their brothers.

Definitely alot busier than my previous visit in April, quite a few Aussies coming in when I was there.

Enjoy.

Very helpful thank you. I was there at the beginning of May and a very limited choice hotel breakfast made to order was served outside due to the dining room being closed because of Covid. Going again in 4weeks so hoping for a better breakfast now.

On 8/19/2022 at 12:51 PM, AllanD said:

Have just seen the post about the influx of Indian tourists. Are they congregated in any particular area of town?

I find it strange that you found reason to mention Indian tourists at all. Other than them having different culture and taste to what they consider a good night out, they are normal people and not aliens from another planet. A very racist comment I must say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, jimn said:

I find it strange that you found reason to mention Indian tourists at all. Other than them having different culture and taste to what they consider a good night out, they are normal people and not aliens from another planet. A very racist comment I must say.

Don't worry might be a win anyway. He's bringing he's missus to pattaya which is basically bringing sand to the beach and what's he going to do not drink or eat in any establishment that has an Indian customer? And more importantly why?

• Like 1