So, I did something stupid...

I forgot my Non O visa stamp had expired since 16 August. My actual visa lasts until October I am due to fly out this evening. So, I checked with the ministry and afaict I just have to pay 500 baht per day and don't suffer any other penalty. Is this correct? Can anyone give me any advice about what I should say, if anything, at the airport? I just forgot, I never stay anywhere near 3 months until this time. Will this give me a problem when I apply for a new Non O or come in on a visa exempt stamp in the future (I am a UK citizen). 

13 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

You're not very clear "actual visa?"

What's that?

Non-O usually superseded by an extension, which then becomes your valid permission to remain until that date, even if the Non-O lapses.

Multi entry non O.

Valid for one year and allows stays of up to 90 days. 

OP, no problem.

Immigration won't cause you any issue on departure.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Multi entry non O.

Valid for one year and allows stays of up to 90 days. 

...and can squeeze near 15 months out of one, in fact can be extended to near 17 months with a 60 day, which I have done many times.......:stoner:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

You're not very clear "actual visa?"

What's that?

Non-O usually superseded by an extension, which then becomes your valid permission to remain until that date, even if the Non-O lapses.

The actual visa is a bit of paper which has my Non-immigrant O type visa. This is valid until October. The stamp in my passport obtained using that visa allows me to stay 3 months at a stretch, this expired on 16 August.

I did this in 2018. I can't remember the actual number of days but I normally stayed under the 90 days and then returned to the UK and then back again. Basically I was spending just over 6 months in the UK and just under here. On this occasion it was longer here but with a trip to the UK with my wife in the middle so splitting the visit into 2 visits under 90 days. The day before we were due to leave her sister had a stroke and died shortly afterwards so the UK trip was cancelled. I never gave it a thought and it wasn't until I went to check in for my flight that the check in staff told me and it took a few seconds to work out what had happened. I had to pay a fine and got a red stamp on my passport. By the time I returned I'd had to replace my passport due to wear although I still had it with me. I had no problems but I don't know what would have happened if I still had the old passport but I assume that immigration would have a record of it.

Edited by kimamey