Has anyone noticed Registered Mail package being not loaded on to airplanes

jason7500

I sent a few packages to the US registered mail and all show they are still sitting at the airport waiting to be handed over to a carrier. Track and Trace shows the usual: SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE, Departure
From Outward OE but this isn’t the last scan for a package when you look on  https://m.17track.net/en/track.

Just wondering if the suspend Registered Mail again or don’t have enough flights leaving to carry all the mail. Has anyone sent something abroad this month using registered mail. What has been your experience?

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

You are making assumptions. The last entry will be Swampy. Nothing is then shown until it arrives in the US and clears Customs, at that point it re enters the mail system again and is showm on tracking.

The black holè (clearance) is generally 10-14 days.

I sent enough packages to know how it goes. But there is a scan that shows it left swampy and was put on a plane  then the black hole begins. I haven’t seen that scan on any packages for the last two weeks. If you just use Thai post track & trace you will never see the hand to carrier scan. 

E951FE96-47C0-498F-94EC-8C02B7621710.jpeg

• Like 1

I mailed a document from Bangkok to USA recently.  Registered and airmail.  The whole process took about a month to reach the USA destination.  Registered is also somewhat slower because of the special handling and accountability it requires. 
When it reaches USA expect it to be held in US Customs depending on the volume of mail they need to process. 

My last  parcel to UK was 11 days.

Currently  waiting to receive  one from UK- 7 days elapsed so far.

Why call Bangkok Airport  Swampy? Its rather pretentious.  Its not a genuine nickname. It never really  caught on as a genuine nickname except with a few out of touch  people on 20 years ago trying  to discredit Thaksin

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I sent an EMS last week to US.  Posted afternoon 16 Aug. Processed thru Suvarnabhumi 17 Aug, 1:36 pm. Processed at ISC Chicago 21 Aug, 11:40 am. Inbound Out of customs 23 Aug. ETC.  EMS, still not delivered, but... on it way.

Posted a 1st class document Tuesday, 23 Aug 11:42, Processed thru Suvarnabhumi 24 Aug, 12:36 pm. ......

I don't use the Thai post to track when I send to US. I use https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Why call Bangkok Airport  Swampy? Its rather pretentious.  Its not a genuine nickname. It never really  caught on as a genuine nickname except with a few out of touch  people on 20 years ago trying  to discredit Thaksin

@The Hammer2021

The nickname has nothing to do with former PM Thaksin.  It's called Swampy by some because it was built on swamp land.  There is a very long history to the airport actually getting built.

(You've been in Thailand how long??)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrfill said:

It's called Suvarnabhumi, meaning Land of Gold - now that IS pretentious.

The name Suvarnabhumi was chosen by His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej and means 'the golden land', specifically referring to continental Indochina.

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

@The Hammer2021

The nickname has nothing to do with former PM Thaksin.  It's called Swampy by some because it was built on swamp land.  There is a very long history to the airport actually getting built.

I worked  here 32 years ago. I followed the buildings of Suvarnabhumi at all stages. I saw it completed. It was a Thaksin  project so to demean  him projects associated with him were criticised and slandered, snakes, swamps unstable building etc were all part of the mix. Nobody calls it Swampy but a few embarrassing farang. Plenty  of buildings are built on swamp land London for instance but nobody  uses silly jibes to label it. Carry on calling it what  you want, call NY the big Apple etc etc .But calling Suvarnabhumi 'swampy' is a sure  sign of someone  trying too hard not realising it makes them look like a merchant

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jason7500 said:

I sent enough packages to know how it goes. But there is a scan that shows it left swampy and was put on a plane  then the black hole begins. I haven’t seen that scan on any packages for the last two weeks. If you just use Thai post track & trace you will never see the hand to carrier scan. 

E951FE96-47C0-498F-94EC-8C02B7621710.jpeg

I had the same experience recently. Sent an EMS overseas. It left my postcode area the next day, arrived at BKK airport, sat there for a while, then "hand over to carrier". On the destination country's post website it showed something like "received a message about a package on the way" and that's it. About a week ago I contacted the receiving end's post office who replied that I have to check it on the sender's side. Called the post office here, they asked me to send them all details by email and suddenly like magic the parcel appeared at the other end and was successfully delivered 2 days later..... Took over a month from the day I sent to the day it was received. 

I sent documents to UK back in June by ordinary registered Airmail. Posted in Hang Dong on Saturday at just after 10am it reached BKK at 6pm Sunday and was handed to carrier just before 11pm. It appears to have sat there for 5 days because it next appeared at Royal Mail, Langley WDC on Saturday evening, showed up in a distribution centre in Leicestershire on Sunday afternoon and Glasgow Mail Center on Monday morning and was delivered at Midday Tuesday.

The return package, again ordinary registered Airmail, did the same. It was "handed to Carrier" in LHR on the evening of the day after posting but it took 5 days to reach BKK. Delivery to Hang Dong took two days.

It appears that airlines may be tight for cargo space and mail no longer gets priority.

As an aside, while a student, I worked at Glasgow Airport during summers, mail then took priority over all other cargo, even to the extent of offloading other cargo to make the weight.

I recently sent some documents by registered airmail to the Royal Thai Embassy in London, from Sattahip. 10 Days to delivery in London, 1 day to process, 10 days back to delivery in Sattahip.

On 8/25/2022 at 7:26 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

I worked  here 32 years ago. I followed the buildings of Suvarnabhumi at all stages. I saw it completed. It was a Thaksin  project so to demean  him projects associated with him were criticised and slandered, snakes, swamps unstable building etc were all part of the mix. Nobody calls it Swampy but a few embarrassing farang. Plenty  of buildings are built on swamp land London for instance but nobody  uses silly jibes to label it. Carry on calling it what  you want, call NY the big Apple etc etc .But calling Suvarnabhumi 'swampy' is a sure  sign of someone  trying too hard not realising it makes them look like a merchant

I don't call it swampy and since you were here 32 years ago I think you're not well qualified to comment.  I've been here straight through for 25 years.  If you want to believe its called swampy because of former PM Thaksin that's you prerogative.

On 8/24/2022 at 9:54 PM, CharlieH said:

You are making assumptions. The last entry will be Swampy. Nothing is then shown until it arrives in the US and clears Customs, at that point it re enters the mail system again and is showm on tracking.

Yes, there isn't a "just putting it on the plane" notification.

On 8/25/2022 at 4:15 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

"Why call Bangkok Airport  Swampy?"

It's Thaivisa, they can't spell Suvarnabhumi.

48 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I don't call it swampy and since you were here 32 years ago I think you're not well qualified to comment.  I've been here straight through for 25 years.  If you want to believe its called swampy because of former PM Thaksin that's you prerogative.

I am still here! I was here when it was  being  built.  I was here when it was  completed. I was here  when the silly name calling started. There were even cartoons featuring snakes around an airport construction site in Private  Eye. The issue is that only ill informed pretentious people call Suvarnabhumi airport 'swampy'. Yes the origins of the term Swampy relate to the construction  site area. But the insults about it,  health insurance and other Thaksin policies originate from that era  and from  anti Thaksin  sentiment. The fact that some people are  not politically  astute enough to understand the origins  of slogans and phrases from a past era  is not surprising. Some people prefer to remain ignorant. That is their  perogative

On 8/25/2022 at 5:41 PM, AgMech Cowboy said:

@The Hammer2021

Decades- which is why I know so much about  Thailand. I followed  the whole story  of the building of the airport.  It's a symbol  to the Thai  people  of Thaksin  who 'got  things done'

'Without Thaksin we wouldn't have a new airport'

These were the sentiments expressed to me by Thais after its completion. The  farang who call it swampy are similar  to the farang on Sukhumvit Asoke  who supported the coup. Basically  they are manipulated  into a pro 'certain institution ' and military  and anti Thaksin  position without even knowing  it.

Edited by The Hammer2021