Thailand’s poor continue to suffer as economy fails to deliver while cost of living rises

webfact

53 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Were I work we need 50 positions to fill.

We pay double award wage with generous conditions on top but very few takers.

Had 15 start on Monday gone.... Tuesday only 3 of them showed up.

Is it a boiler room? ????

5 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

sounds  normal from what Ive seen, lacking  in any work ethic. Ive done many a job I didnt  want to over the years as Id rather  have  savings  than owe anything to anyone.

5 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

they dont have the heating bills of brits and krauts that will break the bank this winter ,savings will be gone

There is  actually  more  sense in that answer  than most  others, food  is  very easily  grown here due to the year round clinate, seed to veg in weeks always amazed at the speed  of cucumber growth here, they dont have to cope with a  winter whereas  Europeans  would  have months where  nothing wou;ld  grow requiring more  planning, many  still own rural but abandoned  land, plenty been abandoned round here for that city  job, they dont  have to pay much if  anything in the way of property tax .

That said many people wordlwide dont save any more, think that good  times  are always going to be here, short sighted is  the norm, nuts

Shelter can be minimal.

21 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Can you tell us about the job, pay, conditions, etc?

16 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I walked to work for 3  years 3  miles  each way daily at 18, remember walking on the canal in  some winters  it was frozen that  thick  to save money to get a  car, did the same at school when all my friends  got the bus I saved the fares, to buy a  bike..  Ddint get the bus  once in 5  years.

Worked some <deleted>ty   part time jobs for pocket money as a  kid (15-16 yrs  old) one of the hardest was Safeway supermarket starting at 6 am to 10pm at  night, stacked  shelves, did the tills ran round like a crazy  thing having to check prices when labels were  missing, 30 mins lunch that was it.

Did saturday  jobs once I got the push bike, even that was 8 miles  away.

Nothings free and nothing comes  easy, free  from debt my entire  life due to diligence and graft.

Brought up in UK  through the 1-10 unemployed period late 70.s early 80.s.use d to go  for job interviews and there'd  be  maybe 80  people waiting for an interview for some  rubbish  job. Did  those to save money to go self employed, which I finally did

Some of the older  Thais know the meaning of  graft. 

Why are you so intent on keeping people in a Caste system and belittling them, you want workers, well then hire outsiders from the other 4 countries who want the specific job your hiring for, or is it a job only a Thai can do.  If so then you better up the wages, provide housing and direction and when they fail to do what is asked then you let them go.  The world is full of people who do not want the menial jobs, why do you thng the Hispanics come from Mexico to the US and pick the crops.....that's right most white folks do not want to do that job and then the other minorities look upon it as slavery.....try again.

• Like 1

Huge inequalities, ageing population, low birth rate, lack of education...

Thai leadership has been warned for years by international institutions and they didn't do anything.

That's exactly why I've been saying over and over again that Thai immigration should cut the <deleted> with their dumb rules about visas. Thailand need people more than people need Thailand. Keep the criminals out using digital identity tracking and let all the others in as long as they have the money.

So sad to see a country digging its own grave like that.

On 8/28/2022 at 4:06 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Why are you so intent on keeping people in a Caste system and belittling them, you want workers, well then hire outsiders from the other 4 countries who want the specific job your hiring for, or is it a job only a Thai can do.  If so then you better up the wages, provide housing and direction and when they fail to do what is asked then you let them go.  The world is full of people who do not want the menial jobs, why do you thng the Hispanics come from Mexico to the US and pick the crops.....that's right most white folks do not want to do that job and then the other minorities look upon it as slavery.....try again.

Youre the one insisting  the "poor"  have no work yet blindly ignoring the fact there is work available and any work is  better than no work,  In other words  talking ballcocks........ plssssssssssssssss dont bother trying again,  do everyone a  favour