10 Year UK passport renewal

11 minutes ago, garygooner said:

If you are in Thailand you make the application in person at VFS in Bangkok or Chiang Mai. You have to make an appointment first. You then collect the new passport yourself when it arrives. (Someone can collect on your behalf) 

In Chiang Mai VFS only has available appointments Tues-Thurs. I was waiting 2 weeks for appointment. You can skip the wait for an appointment if you go through an agent. 5,000 Baht appears to be the agent fee from what I have seen on Facebook...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Excel said:

So why pay twice as much as necessary for a good agent ?

did you not see ''all in'' so cheaper than the other one posted, but i didn't post it as cheaper i posted it as an alternative, also check out the fees if they use the company credit card, as opposed to your card

Edited by steve187

1 minute ago, steve187 said:

did you not see ''all in'' so cheaper than the other one posted

34 or 44 page passport ?

6 minutes ago, steve187 said:

did you not see ''all in'' so cheaper than the other one posted

Apologies, missed that so guess it would be for the standard 32 page one also ?

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 11:02 PM, CharlieH said:

Be aware if you POST it to an agent you may not see it again for several months. This may impact your 90 day reports and other potential problems.

Make sure they send it back after the applicatio. Is made and dont hang on to it waiting for the new one to arrive.

It was this aspect of frequent handling and postage (risk) several times back and forth that deterred me.

So I went myself.

There is a pinned topic with downloadable forms and other information at the head of this forum.

Between what times is it possible to book initial appointments at VFS Mondays-Fridays excluding public holidays, please? Could be useful for those living some distance from Bangkok to know in determining whether or not they also need to book overnight accommodation in that not-so-fair (IMHO) city.

Maybe you could include this info in your closed/pinned thread.

On 9/2/2022 at 10:00 AM, OJAS said:

Between what times is it possible to book initial appointments at VFS Mondays-Fridays excluding public holidays, please? Could be useful for those living some distance from Bangkok to know in determining whether or not they also need to book overnight accommodation in that not-so-fair (IMHO) city.

Maybe you could include this info in your closed/pinned thread.

Think I can now answer my own question.

Available times at Bangkok are 08:30 - 14:00 Mondays to Fridays.

Same times at Chiang Mai, but only on Tuesdays & Thursdays.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/tha/en/gbr/hmpo

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 2:43 PM, OJAS said:

Think I can now answer my own question.

Available times at Bangkok are 08:30 - 14:00 Mondays to Fridays.

Same times at Chiang Mai, but only on Tuesdays & Thursdays.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/tha/en/gbr/hmpo

Chiang Mai VFS has a very short window for appointments. 

This email address is ONLY for booking an appointment to submit a passport application in Chiang Mai office. You’ll need to schedule an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times from 13:00 to 14:30, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday except public holidays (Local Time). You will receive an email confirming your appointment.