Thai govt reaffirms ban on e-cigarettes, vaping

webfact

1 hour ago, smccolley said:

I might look like a tool but my smokers cough is gone and I have only had one cold in the 5 years I vaped compared to every year as a smoker. It has been helpful for me, no smoking for over 5 years now.

Whilst vaping I could run 5k a day without getting out of breath before on cigs I couldn't even run 100m.

• Like 2

They say cigs are addictive, I agree with that as an ex smoker, now getting back to my Chinese looking fat bloke, vape in one hand, spoon in the other, one scoop of grub followed by a cloud a vape smoke, one spoon of grub followed by a cloud of vape smoke, and so on.

Now to me, what ever cr@p he is puffing on, it is addictive

Oh, near forgot, ever now, and again he empties his nose on the floor near the table, obviously caused by the stuff he is vaping...... 

And yes, a 100% disgusting fellow, but as yet, he hasn't poohed on the floor....????

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr Anutin said that e-cigarettes pose significant health risks to users and that vaping was helping to create new smokers particularly among young people in Thailand.

Laughable.. if it was a real health issue they'd ban real cigarettes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Laughable.. if it was a real health issue they'd ban real cigarettes.

I don't think he is saying that, they are steadily stopping the use of cigs the same way as the west, gradually raising the cost.

I have seen school kids with vape thingy's, easily concealed....:stoner:

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't think he is saying that, they are steadily stopping the use of cigs the same way as the west, gradually raising the cost.

I have seen school kids with vape thingy's, easily concealed....:stoner:

Banning vaping and banning E-cigarettes while very very very slowly increasing the tax on cigarettes..

yeah they got the health of the public at heart.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Banning vaping and banning E-cigarettes while very very very slowly increasing the tax on cigarettes..

yeah they got the health of the public at heart.

But the vape things are as cheap as Chinese chips, no tax, dodgy folk sell 'em, get the picture...:stoner:

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, smccolley said:

I might look like a tool but my smokers cough is gone and I have only had one cold in the 5 years I vaped compared to every year as a smoker. It has been helpful for me, no smoking for over 5 years now.

10 years for me and I couldn't have kicked smoking without vapes

• Like 1

Tobacco cigs are OK to smoke in Thailand because their is no risk of ill health ? So why the study on vaping and not the well known perils of cigarettes ? Being hooked on tobacco is very difficult to stop for most people .  Vaping is seen as a healthier option and also a halfway house to quitting plus vaping has been approved in the UK by top medics who describe it as having one tenth of the dangers associated with tobacco  smoking . The next on the list are nicotine patches and other stop smoking aids , all of which are not allowed in Thailand .  So in summary  there could be an assumption that tobacco and cannabis are permitted in Thailand because the government get good returns from taxing them and in reality the health concern is pure b/s . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, superal said:

Tobacco cigs are OK to smoke in Thailand because their is no risk of ill health ? So why the study on vaping and not the well known perils of cigarettes ? Being hooked on tobacco is very difficult to stop for most people .  Vaping is seen as a healthier option and also a halfway house to quitting plus vaping has been approved in the UK by top medics who describe it as having one tenth of the dangers associated with tobacco  smoking . The next on the list are nicotine patches and other stop smoking aids , all of which are not allowed in Thailand .  So in summary  there could be an assumption that tobacco and cannabis are permitted in Thailand because the government get good returns from taxing them and in reality the health concern is pure b/s . 

Tell me, how many countries there are where cigarette purchase is banned...?

19 hours ago, smedly said:

they are widely on sale everywhere and masses are doing it, so you carry on with your ban - nobody else is

With respect, 11 countries have banned e-cigarettes including neighboring Cambodia ( for reference should one decide to do a border run). 3rd August 2021:-

Kingdom lauded by WHO for banning all e-cigarettes

11 countries (Bahamas, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Costa Rica, Egypt, Kuwait, Myanmar, Pakistan, Panama, Qatar), 

https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/kingdom-lauded-who-banning-all-e-cigarettes

• Like 1

5 hours ago, transam said:

I stopped smoking 3 years back, but people near me belching out clouds of vape smoke that I/we have do breath and smell is out of order and illegal...????

I wish it was that simple for me. As I have epilepsy, every time I have tried to quit smoking without an alternative I have serious seizure issues, Vaping has kept me from smoking and seizing. I consider it a win win. I promise I will vape far away from you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

Tell me, how many countries there are where cigarette purchase is banned...?

A quick Google search showed New Zealand is to ban the sale of cigarettes to anyone born after 01/01/2009 . Denmark & Australia have similar plans .The price of cigarettes in some western countries has become very expensive ,e.g in the UK they start at about £10 for a pack of 20 .  Australia average price for a 20 pack is aud$35 .  So smoking has become beyond the means of most people in the mentioned countries . Golden Virginia 50 gram hand rolling tobacco is £ 29 25 in the UK shops .  Thailand is keeping the price within reach of many smokers , start at around 50 to 120 a pack of 20. Thus the revenue continues to come .

1 minute ago, superal said:

A quick Google search showed New Zealand is to ban the sale of cigarettes to anyone born after 01/01/2009 . Denmark & Australia have similar plans .The price of cigarettes in some western countries has become very expensive ,e.g in the UK they start at about £10 for a pack of 20 .  Australia average price for a 20 pack is aud$35 .  So smoking has become beyond the means of most people in the mentioned countries . Golden Virginia 50 gram hand rolling tobacco is £ 29 25 in the UK shops .  Thailand is keeping the price within reach of many smokers , start at around 50 to 120 a pack of 20. Thus the revenue continues to come .

Looking at weekly wage differences for Mr. Average, between LOS and the UK, it maybe fags are priced very similar, with the UK making a huge amount of dosh.....????

5 minutes ago, superal said:

Looking at weekly wage differences for Mr. Average, between LOS and the UK, it maybe fags are priced very similar, with the UK making a huge amount of dosh.....????

Last night we were watching a YouTube of a guy walking the streets of London in the rain, when he got to Leicester Square I noticed a small shopfront with lots of Indians fluffing around in their clobber, inside and outside manning the place, over the shop it said, Tobacco and Vape etc, I thought to be in that area the rent would have been colossal, so it looks like lots of customers for the gear...

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Last night we were watching a YouTube of a guy walking the streets of London in the rain, when he got to Leicester Square I noticed a small shopfront with lots of Indians fluffing around in their clobber, inside and outside manning the place, over the shop it said, Tobacco and Vape etc, I thought to be in that area the rent would have been colossal, so it looks like lots of customers for the gear...

The UK now has many vaping shops because they are a far cheaper option than regular cigarette smoking and a lot less of a health hazard , plus vaping is encouraged by UK medics as a path to quitting or a safer alternative . However vaping does produce large clouds of vaporised liquid that can be annoying to people close by . Vapers should be aware of that and seek a place where others are not effected .

• Like 1

21 hours ago, transam said:

I stopped smoking 3 years back, but people near me belching out clouds of vape smoke that I/we have do breath and smell is out of order and illegal...????

So how many years did you blithely make others suffer your smoke before you jumped ship? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So how many years did you blithely make others suffer your smoke before you jumped ship? 

My smoking was on and off since the age of 15, from an age where near everyone smoked, I did stop twice for 20 year gaps, but, I was a considerate smoker.....????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, transam said:

My smoking was on and off since the age of 15, from an age where near everyone smoked, I did stop twice for 20 year gaps, but, I was a considerate smoker.....????

It is just that I find vaping 'steam' far less of an issue than cigarette smoke. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/31/2022 at 11:07 AM, transam said:

They say cigs are addictive, I agree with that as an ex smoker, now getting back to my Chinese looking fat bloke, vape in one hand, spoon in the other, one scoop of grub followed by a cloud a vape smoke, one spoon of grub followed by a cloud of vape smoke, and so on.

Now to me, what ever cr@p he is puffing on, it is addictive

Oh, near forgot, ever now, and again he empties his nose on the floor near the table, obviously caused by the stuff he is vaping...... 

And yes, a 100% disgusting fellow, but as yet, he hasn't poohed on the floor....????

Sorry about your bad experiences with vaping, especially about the companion you have for your meals. But vaping saved my mother, a 50-y long 2 packs/day smoker. She is off cigarettes for good since ten years, no relapse, and stopped vaping too without any addiction issues. To be fair, she would vape away from other people, although she was using odorless stuff.

I remember that, as a non-smoker, I completely hated smokers in Europe. I would eat in a restaurant, and back home even my underwear would stink. That never happens with vapers.

Anyway, all this is moot. Thailand bans vaping? Right, like they ban riding a scooter without helmet.

6 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Sorry about your bad experiences with vaping, especially about the companion you have for your meals. But vaping saved my mother, a 50-y long 2 packs/day smoker. She is off cigarettes for good since ten years, no relapse, and stopped vaping too without any addiction issues. To be fair, she would vape away from other people, although she was using odorless stuff.

I remember that, as a non-smoker, I completely hated smokers in Europe. I would eat in a restaurant, and back home even my underwear would stink. That never happens with vapers.

Anyway, all this is moot. Thailand bans vaping? Right, like they ban riding a scooter without helmet.

Not my companion for meals, it is a place to sit for a beer, this fat bloke bring's in his own grub, why they let him do it I don't know, especially when he empties his nose of vape cr@p on the floor...????

Oh, forgot to mention, for all those who think vaping is wonderful, the fat bloke doesn't stop coughing, along with his nose flush. Never seen him smoke a ciggy, the vape is his new toy, sold to him by a creep who earns money from this dodgy Chinese cr@p..

• Confused 1