Malaysian tourists topple Indians in terms of foreign tourists arriving in Thailand

snoop1130

FE81217B-404E-4861-BB55-BCACFAA49393-696x392.jpeg

PHOTO: บริษัท โสภณ เคเบิ้ล ที.วี.และสื่อสาร พัทยา จำกัด

Malaysian tourists toppled Indians in terms of the number of foreign tourism arrivals in Thailand, while 4-5 million tourists visited Thailand in total from Q1 to Q3, the director of the Pattaya Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) said.

The meeting led by Mr. Prawan Saekoo, president of the Eastern Thai Hotels Association, and Ms. Anoma Wongyai, director of the Pattaya TAT, was arranged yesterday, August 30th, at Amari Pattaya Hotel to assess the tourism situation in Pattaya and Thailand.

According to Ms. Anoma, the overall tourism situation was improving greatly since the Covid-19 pandemic as seen by over 4-5 million tourists who arrived in Thailand from the start of 2022 to August 27th.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/08/31/malaysian-tourists-topple-indians-in-terms-of-foreign-tourists-arriving-in-pattaya-tat-director-says/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-08-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

8 hours ago, kinyara said:

Try telling Westerners that, they seem to think Thailand's tourist industry is entirely dependent on themselves. Outdated colonialism.

As we travel further longhaul so stay longer live a western life style which is highly taxed in thailand wine+western food of course we spend more 90% indians who come here are paid less than thai's

where western standards with poor service are not cheap and we are right to complain.

Benefits still out weight what we get in the west

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mavideol said:

neither are of economical/recovery interest to Thailand, they don't drink, don't visit the bars, don't visit massage parlors because these are the places helping Thai tourism booming 555

So the percentage of GDP allocated to tourism depends on the bars? Woehahaha

Edited by peterfranks
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, tomyami said:

As we travel further longhaul so stay longer live a western life style which is highly taxed in thailand wine+western food of course we spend more 90% indians who come here are paid less than thai's

where western standards with poor service are not cheap and we are right to complain.

Benefits still out weight what we get in the west

How would you know what anyone coming here is paid, Indian or otherwise, are you at the airport checking their payslips at immigration. There is a clear rascist stereotype towards Indian tourists evident on this forum that fails to even acknowledge the existence of their higher spending tourists. If you look at the figures from TAT Western tourists spend more in total by virtue of the length of their holiday not particularly their daily spend, however obviously they are significantly in the minority numbers wise in the overall scheme of things. ( Not seen many wine drinkers amongst the Westerner fraternity, Chang, Leo and Singha is de-rigeur price wise just as much as it is for Non-Westerners ).

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I’m not surprised they come over at the weekends in their droves to have sex with the Thai woman I would class them as tourists just weekenders after one thing and one thing only 

An enjoyable holiday weekend ?

42 minutes ago, kinyara said:

How would you know what anyone coming here is paid, Indian or otherwise, are you at the airport checking their payslips at immigration. There is a clear rascist stereotype towards Indian tourists evident on this forum that fails to even acknowledge the existence of their higher spending tourists. If you look at the figures from TAT Western tourists spend more in total by virtue of the length of their holiday not particularly their daily spend, however obviously they are significantly in the minority numbers wise in the overall scheme of things. ( Not seen many wine drinkers amongst the Westerner fraternity, Chang, Leo and Singha is de-rigeur price wise just as much as it is for Non-Westerners ).

Taking india as an example I have said 90% might fit this category with 10% wealthy  

At the bottom of the income pyramid are households that earn less than Rs 100,000 a year. The next group earns between Rs 100,000 and Rs. 200,000 a year and is called the lower middle class. The third group of households earns between Rs 200,000 and Rs 500,000 a year and belong to the middle income class. 500rs = 6.29US$

I will stand by my assertion that thai's are better paid unless you can find a link to dispute

I drink wine with my western food I have friends come for the visa exempt period they spend and live well anywhere from €4 to 6 k expats are not to be confused with western holidaymakers

12 minutes ago, Leaver said:

So 6 out of 10 Malaysian tourists don't drink alcohol

Where does it say that?

I said 40% of Malaysians aren't Muslim. I don't know the exact proportions of Malaysians, Muslim/non-Muslim, who travel to Thailand, nor do I know what proportion of Muslim Malaysians do drink alcohol; having worked in Malaysia I know some certainly do.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, peterfranks said:

So the percentage of GDP allocated to tourism depends on the bars? Woehahaha

if that was not the case why the huff and puff about reopening bars until 4 AM.... but in your case, maybe you think visits to the temples are more rewarding for Thai economy

6 hours ago, MarcelV said:

As if Pattaya is the only town that counts. Most Malaysians stay in the south. Provinces like Phuket, Krabi, Songkhla, Pattani and Narathiwat see so many Malaysian tourists yearly, that the number of westerners in Pattaya pales in comparison. You'd see that if you ventured out of the Bangkok-Pattaya area.

Australian government travel advisory ....

Do not travel to:

• Yala province,
  • Pattani province,
  • Narathiwat province, and
  • Songkhla province

due to high levels of violence, including frequent attacks and bombings.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dexxter said:

Australian government travel advisory ....

Do not travel to:

• Yala province,
  • Pattani province,
  • Narathiwat province, and
  • Songkhla province

due to high levels of violence, including frequent attacks and bombings.

Uhh... What's your point?

• Haha 1