Enoch Powell, he wasnt wrong in his forecast !

CharlieH

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Your post is still a available, and I’ve made my comment on it, you acknowledged my response.

No need for you to try to keep it afloat.

Now back to topic.

I was in the UK this summer, never spotted a single immigrant wielding ‘the whip hand’, can’t say I recognized anything to be true in Powell’s racist diatribe.

You first mentioned that I was "bitter" about something .

I asked you what you thought I was "bitter" about and you never responded and I left it at that .

You then again suggested I was "bitter" and once again I asked you what I was "bitter" about and once again you haven't stated .

So, next time you make the suggestion that I am "bitter" , please explain as to why you keep saying that   

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Again, I don’t watch your videos.

I’ve explained this multiple times to you. 

So in effect, your input here should be ignored if you will not look at the facts. In a UK court of law all the facts are taken into consideration, and guess what has been a lifesaver...CCTV, video...

Yes, CCTV, it is, guess what, captured videos to prove points, the thing you will not look at.....Crazy stuff...????

I bet you watched the videos of Enoch Powell's speech though...????

20 minutes ago, transam said:

So in effect, your input here should be ignored if you will not look at the facts. In a UK court of law all the facts are taken into consideration, and guess what has been a lifesaver...CCTV, video...

Yes, CCTV, it is, guess what, captured videos to prove points, the thing you will not look at.....Crazy stuff...????

I bet you watched the videos of Enoch Powell's speech though...????

Not at all, I have up to date first hand experience of being in the UK, it’s not the kind of knowledge available from watching videos.

I have explained this to you multiple times.

—— 

From my first hand and very recent experience I do not recognize any of Enoch Powell’s racist predictions to be present in the UK.

I found the UK to be peaceful, friendly and blessed with a remarkable sense of community.

People from all kids of backgrounds struggling with multiple government failure but doing their best and many, from all kinds of backgrounds, taking time and making an effort to help others less fortunate than themselves.

Nothing at all like Enoch Powell’s racist diatribe predicted.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Although the UK Sharia law Courts are for two freely consenting Muslims to settle minor disputes between themselves .

The outcome isn't legally binding in the U.K and it doesn't supersede UK law .

Everything needs to be within the UK law

Well, it also includes religious divorce. But basically, their decisions don't have the force of law. In fact, Hasidic Jews have similar courts. Both courts can make life miserable for women seeking divorce. But actually, in theory at least, Hasidic courts are worse. In Islamic court, the husband doesn't have to be present for the woman to get a divorce. Whereas in Hasidic courts he does.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, it also includes religious divorce. But basically, their decisions don't have the force of law. In fact, Hasidic Jews have similar courts. Both courts can make life miserable for women seeking divorce. But actually, in theory at least, Hasidic courts are worse. In Islamic court, the husband doesn't have to be present for the woman to get a divorce. Whereas in Hasidic courts he does.

That’s specifics of each, but M Mc is correct, religious laws/courts are private settlements between consenting adults, if either is not happy with the outcome they can take their case to the national courts AND the religious courts may not infringe the UK’s human rights laws/treaties.

I’d personally like to see this taken a bit further, as in France, where all religious law settlements, including marriage, are permitted but only binding and legally accepted when ratified by a national law judge/magistrate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s specifics of each, but M Mc is correct, religious laws/courts are private settlements between consenting adults, if either is not happy with the outcome they can take their case to the national courts AND the religious courts may not infringe the UK’s human rights laws/treaties.

I’d personally like to see this taken a bit further, as in France, where all religious law settlements, including marriage, are permitted but only binding and legally accepted when ratified by a national law judge/magistrate.

That may be true in France but in the UK a religious marriage is not in the remit of the government. Only the civil aspect of the marriage is.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

That may be true in France but in the UK a religious marriage is not in the remit of the government. Only the civil aspect of the marriage is.

Which is a change I, and many others, would welcome.

I believe the historical reason is the Church was marrying people before the state existed.

In France they had an ‘out with the old, in with the new’ thing.

The anti immigrant camp can’t keep the British public from opening their hearts to people from different cultures.

Enoch Powell’s message of hate and fear was wrong, the ‘whip hand’ he referred to turned out to be wielding a ‘cream whisk’ and the British public loved the ‘whisker’, almost 15 million following her on TV.

From mum doing some home baking, to much loved TV personality.

The racist Enoch Powell got it completely wrong.

He, his admirers and defenders blinded by racism to the vast majority of good stories.

Here’s just one example, of integration and contribution to a better UK, there are millions more.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/09/world/europe/muslim-winner-of-baking-contest-defies-prejudice-in-britain.html

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

AKA British citizens of a different ethnicity. It's their home as much as it's yours so they can give the police a hard time same as the British citizens of the "native British ethnicity" can. There's plenty white ghettos where cops only go in pairs. Most every major city council still have their 'affordable housing' estates where their own mainly white dole collectors and benefits breeders are corralled.

Ah, OK. So you're NOT in Bradford.

Thought so.

You have? When?

Never mind. You can go ahead and answer that with another cherry-picked YouTube of an incident that happened in a place you've never been and claim it's validation of the subject matter.

Enoch Powell never had a vision of the future no matter how many times you say so. Now you can go ahead and believe it with all your might. No problem with that. That's your right just as it's my right to believe otherwise.

So @transam is (still) barking up the wrong tree?

Thought so.

You must have spent a long time putting that together, now come on, was it worth it.............????.............................????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, proton said:

Thin end of the wedge, Muslims are always pushing for more. Azan from the Mosques, first once a day, permission given then several times a day, agree to keep the volume down which after a few months is full blast, anyone complaining is an islamaphobe of course. They wanted halal meals in schools, then it was hijabs for girls, they have even pressed for boys and girls to be separated. It's all take and no give with them they want to recreate the hell holes they came from in the UK, and have done a pretty good job.

Loudspeakers calls rom Mosques are subjected to the same noise abatement laws as every other noise and the Azam noise is restricted to either completely banned or only allowed at certain times , not too dissimilar to Churches ringing their bells .

"they have even pressed for boys and girls to be separated" : Are you aware that the U.K already has gender based schools and has done for hundreds of years ? Boys and girls schools are normal in the UK .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Loudspeakers calls rom Mosques are subjected to the same noise abatement laws as every other noise and the Azam noise is restricted to either completely banned or only allowed at certain times , not too dissimilar to Churches ringing their bells .

"they have even pressed for boys and girls to be separated" : Are you aware that the U.K already has gender based schools and has done for hundreds of years ? Boys and girls schools are normal in the UK .

My boy's schools are both now mixed, I missed out................????

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

In theory the racket is regulated but widely ignored and nothing is done about it, several times a day is nothing in comparison to church bells. Trying to get gender mixed comprehensives to separated to accommodate their religious is not normal.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, proton said:

In theory the racket is regulated but widely ignored and nothing is done about it, several times a day is nothing in comparison to church bells. Trying to get gender mixed comprehensives to separated to accommodate their religious is not normal.

Where in the U.K do Mosque calls sound five times a day every day  and how many U.K Schools have gone gender specific due to requests from Muslims ?

6 hours ago, proton said:

Thin end of the wedge, Muslims are always pushing for more. Azan from the Mosques, first once a day, permission given then several times a day, agree to keep the volume down which after a few months is full blast, anyone complaining is an islamaphobe of course. They wanted halal meals in schools, then it was hijabs for girls, they have even pressed for boys and girls to be separated. It's all take and no give with them they want to recreate the hell holes they came from in the UK, and have done a pretty good job.

I had a similar situation in my home town where a couple of schools insisted on seperating the boys from the girls. They would also ring the bells several times a day and a LOT on Sundays. They also didn't want to teach sex education and girls would be expelled for getting pregnant.

They were catholic schools, run by actual nuns and priests.

I take it you have the same issue with these schools or is it just a particular religion you have a problem with?  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

my daughter went to one in the UK there was a boys one next door ,years later the muslim community tried to get them for use by their community ,the local council said no ,over the years they took over the area ,now its rare to see a non muslim in any of the schools .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, proton said:

Leicester, I did not say schools had caved in to gender specific, I said they had pressed for it. Another thing they did in the area of Spinney hills park is campaign to get pubs closed down on the grounds of this is a family area, meaning muslim family area. Of the four pubs round there, and this is before covid, none are now open. They had a problem with the Mount Zion as that was a black pub, but last time I looked it was earmarked to be knocked down for housing, I wonder who for!

Mosques are subject to noise controls like everyone else .

Pubs are closing down all over the U.K , have been for the last 30 years or so . 

Pubs in areas with a large Muslim population close down because the locals do not drink , even so, Pubs in areas with no Muslims living are also closing down because going down the pub is no longer a popular past time for many people like it used to be .

Six local pubs to have closed down in the last ten years and I am quite sure they didn't close don because of Mustafa living at number 26

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Which schools are those ?

sorry but i dont like to post my home town on here, ,but it was an ordinary working class place 40 yrs ago ,now you would not recognise many parts of it ,like India ,believe it or not even the black community  area all moved ,

4 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

sorry but i dont like to post my home town on here, ,but it was an ordinary working class place 40 yrs ago ,now you would not recognise many parts of it ,like India ,believe it or not even the black community  area all moved ,

If you going to make the claim that some (Non Muslim) U.K Schools have 100 % Muslim pupils , you would have to name those schools for verification 

• Like 1