Covid visa an entry denial

12 hours ago, asia123 said:

I am sure that they were writing something on my record on computer. I am sure they will poke at the problem the next time I enter the country.

I don't know much about this, but the last time I entered Thailand (Feb 2020), I had done a border run down to Penang and back, and they did something similar to what you describe at the airport, stopped me for like 30 minutes and told me it would be my last entry and entered something on the computer.  This was after I had already done several border runs.

I know that they did in fact put something on my computer file because the notorious "dragon lady" at the K counter actually mentioned it to me when I was doing one of my Covid extensions.  Still it hasn't prevented me from staying in the country continuously for the past 2.5 years.

It would be nice to know how long you would realistically have to stay out of the country, after a period of doing back-to-back border runs, for it to be considered acceptable to re-enter Thailand visa exempt without any hassles.

9 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Get married and have kids. More visa options that way.

Another option is to convert to Buddhism, and become a monk. That would make you eligible for a visa to reside at a Thai temple.

If you do not like that, you could injure yourself severely, necessitating a hospital stay and a long period of convalescence during which you will be eligible for medical extensions.

There are many possible options, but under no circumstances abuse tourist visas by staying longer than other members here feel is appropriate.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1