Covid visa an entry denial

Try to enter by land. You are only allowed two visa exempt entries per calendar year by land, but there are no limitations on entry with a visa, and you will not face any problems at almost all land crossings. Just avoid the rogue crossing at Poipet/Aranyaprathet coming from Cambodia.

6 hours ago, asia123 said:

What should I do to enter the country in the future?

Well, you are ‘in’... so you only have to worry about that on your next visit, assuming you ‘visit' here a couple of times per year rather than ‘live’ here all or most of the year. 

Options for next visit: 

Apply for a Tourist Visa in your home country before travelling. 

Or, get a Thai Elite Visa.

Options to remain here: 

Get a Thai Elite Visa (plan an exit and return on that).

Get married and enter on a Non-Immigrant O Visa based on Marriage !!!!

(why can’t you do that - its a simple cheap option.. unless you really don’t want to marry)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Leave it 6 months or so after this visit and you should be fine with visa exempt or a tourist visa.  Assuming you are not trying to live in Thailand and the 2 years you were here previously were because you were stranded due to Covid!

the immigration stuff was writing something on a  computer and I think I'm on the blacklist...

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, asia123 said:

I entered the country without a visa. It was three weeks after I left the country. I am in trouble because they say you can't get tourist visa  anymore.

That is also a rubbish comment from immigration officer.

They are clerks. 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That is also a rubbish comment from immigration officer.

They are clerks. 

I'd hazard a guess that they didn't actually say that.   If they did, they just wanted to put the wind up him.   

IOs are not just "clerks", they are the the competent officials who are given the authority to determine whether a visitor gets stamped in or not.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Manipulated covid extensions?

Thai government made them available and continued to extend availability.

Take it up with Thai gov rather than folk that obtained them. 

I know they did, and made it easy instead of directing the folks obtaining them to get onto a right visa, I retract the manipulated portion of my post.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

Two years here on a COVID extension IS staying legally in the country no matter how loudly you choose to refute it.

I too have stayed for two years on a legal COVID extension. I did not manipulate the extension in any way. I turned up, filled out the forms and received my stamp from a Thai government official.

how is that not playing the game the right way?

My only complaint is this, was there not a more appropriate type of Visa that could have been obtained other than the Covid extensions had the Covid extension not existed?  From what I remember the Covid extensions were supposed to be for those that could not travel back out of the country to their homes because of the Covid Closures and needed letters from their embassy's or consulate stating such. With the world being open now for awhile could these folks not have left and returned on a Tourist Visa.  Sure you played the game the way Thailand allowed, but was there not another Visa you or the others could have obtained instead of the one you were allowed to have because of the Covid situation?  Happy it met your needs but then many were forced to leave awhile ago, and then returned with a tourist visa or such.  

I accept that it was allowed and is still allowed in some cases.  A neighbor here left the country in March of 2020, and it took him 20 months to return based upon the closures.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Up until relatively recently exit via land borders was not possible. 

In the main visas are not issued within Thailand. 

Obvious exceptions being non O retirement and marriage from tv or exempt entry.

That does not cover everyone.

Bottom line is folk obtained what was legally available to them.

The peanut gallery complained about this for years.

Sad folk.

"Peanut Gallery"  Thats a new one for me,   I'm not actually sure what the phrase means but it seems a very appropriate way to describe the complainers  Sad folk indeed