Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

The Bangkok River Level Thread 2022 - Please post your river level photos

Crossy

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Pak Kret local high, looks pretty close to last night ???? 

image.png.cc0b58b5038a9db0b139b5d6cd2ae803.png

The tide is dropping now...There seems to be a few hours lag between high tide at the mouth of the river and pak kret. King tides are at the end of the month, so hopefully the runoff from up north will have passed by then. 

• Like 2

@DavisH

Bathroom drains have a bin-bag covering them with a sandbag on top ???? 

The delay from the tide tables vs Pak Kret is around 4 hours as near as makes no difference, then another hour delay to our location.

Meanwhile we actually got slightly less water in the house last night, not enough to turn on the pumps ???? Long may it continue.

I missed the actual low but Pak Kret level is well down so hopefully today's highs will continue at similar levels to the last few.

image.png.65ba799ea32fcfdd9977b7dab307587c.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

@DavisH

The delay from the tide tables vs Pak Kret is around 4 hours as near as makes no difference, then another hour delay to our location.

Meanwhile we actually got slightly less water in the house last night, not enough to turn on the pumps ???? Long may it continue.

I missed the actual low but Pak Kret level is well down so hopefully today's highs will continue at similar levels to the last few.

Excellent news Crossy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

@DavisH

Good luck with the sandbag! During 2011, we got about 30 cm of water in the house. We had a huge tv cabinet dowhstairs. We wrapped in in plastice hoping to save it. The water managed to topple it! It was destroyed. Water is a pretty powerful thing, even though it wasn;t flowing at all in my house. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sidgy said:

Looks like its getting slightly better. Hope the worst is over for you.

One can but hope, right now it's not actually getting any worse, but there are high tides due at the end of the month.

Madam says the big dams (Bhumibol and Sirikit) have reduced discharge to let the water from the north "go past". I'm not sure just how much credence to apply but it can't all be misinformation.

53 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Madam says the big dams (Bhumibol and Sirikit) have reduced discharge to let the water from the north "go past". I'm not sure just how much credence to apply but it can't all be misinformation.

yeah, i remember 2011, many announcements how we not going to be flooded as this and that all being managed even as the waater was rising around our feet haha

• Like 2

Wife told me that in 2011 the huge Phumipon dam was brimming early october, and had to open the gates around oct 10th. And that was the death knell for the already flooded southern lowlands when that water mass arrived later. Maybe you longtimers remember it differently? Today I read it is at 84% capacity, so some room left so far????

• Like 1

Local mid-tide low at Pak Kret.

image.png.a0ac762b0915bfc2b4a8a36f97b91196.png

It's actually been pretty level all afternoon.

image.png.6ef854150b722ce3de6916f7e95a53d6.png

The level at the house has only fallen by a couple of inches, so we are hoping that the next high doesn't overwhelm our sand bags (it's supposed to be 0.4m lower at the sea).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Not us, Salaya apparently.

I suspect this is a video from 2011?? Was central plaza there in 2011? I drove to mahidol Uni yeterday, and did not detect any problem furher up. My son also went to central salaya yesterday, but took a back road apparently. The road appears clear on google maps at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I suspect this is a video from 2011?? Was central plaza there in 2011? I drove to mahidol Uni yeterday, and did not detect any problem furher up. My son also went to central salaya yesterday, but took a back road apparently. The road appears clear on google maps at the moment. 

It wasn't there in 2011. I've only been here since 2012 and I remember it being built. They closed the main road a few days back due to the flooding from the river so it must have been around that time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alien365 said:

It wasn't there in 2011. I've only been here since 2012 and I remember it being built. They closed the main road a few days back due to the flooding. Its not Salaya though on further inspection as central Salaya doesn't have a Robinson inside, and homepro is not before it, Thai watsadu is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alien365 said:

It wasn't there in 2011. I've only been here since 2012 and I remember it being built. They closed the main road a few days back due to the flooding from the river so it must have been around that time. 

I know there is flooding at the tah chin river bridge, but that is very far from central salaya. I don't see reports of flooding around the shopping center. This photo is at the bridge, the water is obviously not very deep, unlike the video posted here. May be an image of 1 person, road, body of water and tree

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I know there is flooding at the tah chin river bridge, but that is very far from central salaya. I don't see reports of flooding around the shopping center. This photo is at the bridge, the water is obviously not very deep, unlike the video posted here. May be an image of 1 person, road, body of water and tree

I tried to edit my post but did it wrong. The video was not from Salaya. Homepro is past the big sorting office Bridge, not this close. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SkyNets said:

Anybody have a link to a live flood map, cant seem to find anything, thanks

Try this site for a start http://wmsc.rid.go.th/

http://water.rid.go.th/flood/news/สถานการณ์น้ำสำหรับผู้บริหาร (13 ต.ค.65).pdf 

You will need a Thai reader / Google translate.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

A quick update.

The level is on a general (slow) downwards trend at present, hopefully it will remain that way. There's still a bunch of water from the north on its way and big tides at the end of the month.

I doubt we are out of the woods yet ???? 

Meanwhile, we have mud, lots of mud ???? 

Once the water retreats for good is this mud going to be fertile or horribly toxic? We've never flooded this much before so how well will Madam's garden recover?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

A quick update.

The level is on a general (slow) downwards trend at present, hopefully it will remain that way. There's still a bunch of water from the north on its way and big tides at the end of the month.

I doubt we are out of the woods yet ???? 

Meanwhile, we have mud, lots of mud ???? 

Once the water retreats for good is this mud going to be fertile or horribly toxic? We've never flooded this much before so how well will Madam's garden recover?

Guess when the vines start moving on there own and the koi fish grow a 3rd eye in the top of there heads you will have your answer....as always stay safe.  We escaped to the house in Southern HH/Pranburi.  Friends in Phuket are under water near Phuket town. Have not seen that in many years.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1