The Bangkok River Level Thread 2022 - Please post your river level photos

Crossy

Yesterday.  High tide at 0905 3.6m and 1907 3.2m so a 40 cm drop between the tides.  This morning when I went outside there was a line of debris just at the gate line so the water came much higher than yesterday afternoon.  The road would have been completely covered.  This is a worrying trend.  It means the water from upcountry has reached us.

• Like 2

Yeah, I reckon it's arrived. There was a pretty big jump in level yesterday.

We shall see what this afternoon's high brings.

Pak Kret looks pretty OK but it's only a couple of hours after local low tide.

image.png.30a2a61830b043a469363efdeafc026a.png

• Like 2

Crossy, I concur.  Yesterday the high tide (1914 at 3.2m) the water level never rose to the level of the previous night.  Water still on the road yet about 20/25 cm down.  I hope this trend continues.

Edit.  Why does this site sometimes display posted pics yet other times there is just a broken link?  It's just not this thread but all threads where a pic is posted.  A bug in the code?

Edited by lujanit
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, lujanit said:

Edit.  Why does this site sometimes display posted pics yet other times there is just a broken link?  It's just not this thread but all threads where a pic is posted.  A bug in the code?

No idea, but I've noticed it too.

In Bangkok centre, it is high but still five inches off from localised flooding and even more from general flooding. 

This was Wanglang Pier at around 6pm:

20221003_174919.thumb.jpg.7ef2eb48944a15480c0bdaa930893b52.jpg

That's almost high as it got today. 

Screenshot_20221003_202520.thumb.jpg.e73e4334870d51f7cdab06d9ed2b61b6.jpg

Looks like there is no real threat until 28th October.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Local LOW at Pak Kret today, not as low as yesterday ???? 

Hopefully we won't get a repeat of yesterday's downpour this afternoon.

image.png.e4175dd6436a7be8aece3cdf3b39b489.png

After yesterday's garden inundation our entire population of earth-worms took refuge on the concrete path which was still dry, at which point our chooks ate them ...

Wow. 

According to Madam, puyai-baan has been on the speakers informing us that more water has been released upstream.

This is definitely not good ???? 

And sandbag activity on the road, unfortunately we are on the wrong side of the bags ???? 

image.jpeg.f3a999f2ca68dff7dae130187b983b00.jpeg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Crossy said:

According to Madam, puyai-baan has been on the speakers informing us that more water has been released upstream.

This is definitely not good ???? 

And sandbag activity on the road, unfortunately we are on the wrong side of the bags ???? 

image.jpeg.f3a999f2ca68dff7dae130187b983b00.jpeg

Checked the local tide chart (PKK), and tomorrow is a bit higher than today.  Not the highest, but it was slamming against the seawall when I drove by around noon-ish, which is high tide time for us.

BE SAFE

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 1:48 PM, Crossy said:

There's a khlong on the other side that is directly linked to the Chao Praya ???? 

For sure you are in a worrying situation now @Crossy.

How does the water from the khlong get into your yard?

Via your yard drainage or through your front gates?

Assuming that your perimeter wall is reasonably watertight I'd be looking at sandbagging your main entrance then dropping a sump pump into your perimeter drains and pumping the water out back into the street over your sand bag wall.

2 minutes ago, Encid said:

For sure you are in a worrying situation now @Crossy.

How does the water from the khlong get into your yard?

Via your yard drainage or through your front gates?

Assuming that your perimeter wall is reasonably watertight I'd be looking at sandbagging your main entrance then dropping a sump pump into your perimeter drains and pumping the water out back into the street over your sand bag wall.

The wall is more like a colander below the concrete beam, it's concrete planks but they've shifted over the years ????  

43 minutes ago, Encid said:

Where is that sad emoji when you need one? :sad:

Hope it doesn't get any worse for you.

We'll be fine thanks.

But I think more permanent defences will be on the cards next spring. Possibly an earth berm around the house with a sump for the pump.

• Like 2

Okay here yesterday and this morning.  I thought I had the tides worked out from 2011.  As already mentioned we are about six hours behind the predicted tide times.  Yesterday was weird until I was informed that the Moo Baan had installed two pumps.  Two more going in today.  They have definitely made a difference.  The next 24 hours will tell how well they control the water level.

• Like 2

Sorry... I couldn't find the sad emoji so I gave it a laugh instead... :sad:

And I don't know if this is useful or not but it's supposed to be a live, updated hourly infographic about the current water level in Thailand's major waterways... Link.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Sorry... I couldn't find the sad emoji so I gave it a laugh instead... :sad:

No worries!

If you can't make light of your problems you will end up in a padded cell somewhere!!

I have plans in place to handle up to something like the 2011 levels, I just don't want to test them in case I'm wrong!

• Like 2

You have good reason to be concerned... all 3 of the large dams in the Central region are overflowing or close to it... 

image.png.55559719f6c7dc3a27ae818eebff4686.png

The Pa Sak Jorasit Dam impounds the Pa Sak River at Ban Kaeng Suea Ten, Tambon Nong Bua, Phatthana Nikhom District, in Lopburi Province, and Ban Kham Phran, Tambon Kham Phran, Wang Muang District, in Saraburi Province, and is the biggest reservoir in central Thailand.

If it's currently at 106% capacity, that's a lot of water headed your way... :ermm:

• Like 1