The Bangkok River Level Thread 2022 - Please post your river level photos

Crossy

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Level is still pretty stable at 102cm below "Worry".

We await the arrival from the north.

Well, up here in "the north" the waters began to subside today.  Yesterday the drainage canal nearly reached the bridge.  Today it was at least a meter below.  And there have been no rains for the past 24+ hours.  I wouldn't expect our waters to reach Bangkok for at least a couple or three days, though.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 1:16 PM, Crossy said:

Meanwhile Madam has ordered sand and sandbags after Puyai Baan came on the speakers saying they were available for free.

I can't help thinking that excess use of sandbags is part of the problem since after the flooding they are rarely collected up , split open , and the contents finally end up blocking drains somewhere.

The absolute zenith I have seen in dumb behavior is builders on a work site pouring unused , almost liquid cement , down a storm drain as part of their ' gep nghn  ' cleanup. Many people living there saw this but nobody dares to say anything ' just in case ' the guilty people are psychopaths are return later ' tooled up'.

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

I can't help thinking that excess use of sandbags is part of the problem since after the flooding they are rarely collected up , split open , and the contents finally end up blocking drains somewhere.

Yeah, agree.

Ours get incorporated into Madam's soil improvement programme, keeping her plants (and herself) happy.

18 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You can have the water too if you want ???? 

No flooding issues down here at Amphur Muang, that I know of.  Only when the surf acts up and occasionally, floods the 'surfside' road.  Did take out a couple sections of seawall this year.  A first since 6 yrs here.

To be replaced with larger, nicer promenade.  See how long that last ????

Actually on the least affected side of the bay, so more improper construction than wave strength.  Not deep enough, and got undermined.

Be safe.

Here in Ayutthaya I see plenty of flooded residences near the river and residents outside filling sandbags this morning so not a good sign.

Ayutthaya has the honour of rivers Chao Praya and Prasak converging ( the scene of the tug boat sinking around a year ago ) before heading down @Crossy’s direction and ultimately Bangkok, plenty of rubbish/trash mixed in with the weeds heading down to bung up the khlongs and add to the flooding.

Here’s a video of the point of convergence of the two rivers and you can see the emergency flood barrier in preparation for lifting.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Is that water simply 'pooling' in your yard from rain, or coming in from outside your property perimeter ?

There's a khlong on the other side that is directly linked to the Chao Praya ???? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, a work colleague mentioned a 66cm rise, but she wasn't clear if it was 66cm above normal (which we would survive) or 66cm over current (break out the submarine).

It wouldnt take much in some areas around here. Could we have the 'it'll never happend again' flood again? Yes, the 'above normal' or 'over current' would be nice to know...

Edited by 248900_1469958220
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, sidgy said:

But earlier this year, purchased 2nd property (condo) back in Nonthaburi... by the river.. haha... never been lucky but at least its on the 12th floor this time 

We survived the 2011 flood on the 10th floor of a Bangkadi condo surrounded by flooding, baby genset on the balcony. There were 4 condos that remained occupied throughout.

The lady next door moaned about the noise of the genset, she was silenced with an electric cord :whistling: 

It was actually more than 6 months before we got permanent power back due to both the transformer and the diesel being located in the basement and got totally destroyed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Crossy said:

The lady next door moaned about the noise of the genset, she was silenced with an electric cord :whistling: 

But did you plug that in into the genset or did she just shutup after you gave her the electric cord ????:whistling:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

It was actually more than 6 months before we got permanent power back due to both the transformer and the diesel being located in the basement and got totally destroyed. 

yeah, i'm hoping with our condo being a new build and the first six floors being car parking, they have actually located all of this with some elevation....but...

• Like 1