The Bangkok River Level Thread 2022 - Please post your river level photos

Crossy

With the river now about 1.3m below my "worry" level it's time to start cleaning up ???? 

Unlike the mower, the pressure washer seems to have survived despite doing a passable impression of a submarine.

It's going to see some action over the weekend.

• Haha 1

There must hundreds of thousands sandbags to dispose of.  Where do they go?  Some landfill I guess.  The old lady over the road kept the sand bags from 2011 up till she sadly died a couple of months ago.  Her family did a clean out putting the sand (the bags had rotted away).  Our back door which was ruined in 2011 she took and is still there.  I have no idea what she intended to do with it.

Then again a lot of Thai's are hoarders, my woman included.  When she is not here I throw useless things into the garbage.  She has never noticed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

The sand will get used to improve the rather dense clay soil in the garden. Why pay for sand when you can get it for free :whistling:

That is about the best use for sand.  I doubt they are going to miss a few (hundred?) bags.  I would not be surprised if you asked the people who removed them they would gladly deliver a truckload to you for free.

• Like 1

One last post before this thread drifts off into the sunset.

There is/was a large pile of sand left over from bag filling located directly across the road from our gate.

The village head came on the speakers saying if anyone wanted some to help themselves, free!

Madam is a sucker for "free" so she and a couple of friends spent the morning with wheelbarrows making a significant dent in said pile. Much soil improvement in the works (apparently, it's the "wrong type" of sand for concrete).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1