Thai Consulate: Now only 2x entry per year by airplane

A few days ago I had a phone call with the Thai Consulate in Frankurt. The lady told me that now they got an informal note that even when arriving via airplane it is not allowed to enter Thailand more than two times per calendar year on visa exempt, and a visa is needed for more entries. Without visa, it might be that the immigration officer denies entry.

Has anyone heard about that?

• Haha 2

FYI, I just had a phone call with the Thai Embassy in Berlin now. (My talk last week was with the Thai Consulate in Frankurt.)

The lady in the Embassy did not say anything about a limitation to two entries per year. However, she said that more than 90 days in the country within a total of 6 months might cause problems at immigration.

I was in Thailand in October 21, March 22, July 22, each time around 3 to 4 weeks. And I will again come to Thailand end of September, and the one more time mid of November.

Then, in January 2023, I will start to work for a Thai company in Thailand on a Non-Immigrant B (Employment) visa, and move in Thailand.

Unsubstantiated claim. if you are unable to provide any sort of evidence to support this, it is dismissed as rumor/gossip and nothing more.

We endeavour to keep information here as accurate/factual as possible for the membership.

CLOSED

• Thanks 1