Blues Favourites

Mutt Daeng

I like blues music. Up until now, I've been posting my favourites in the

and

New topic dedicated to the Blues.

Any chance this topic being made a sticky?

For blues numbers from year 0 up until now.

Here's a few of my choices to start off with...

Hoochie Coochie Man

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 1

Nice to see Sleepy La Beef get a nod. He used to come up to NYC and play 3 hour sets, telling jokes and stories, and doing stuff like a 20 minute Hank Williams medley that kept crashing into his Chuck Berry medley.

But as great as the blues are, I'd be good to not hear them much ever again -and that goes triple for played to death songs like Honkey Tonk Women.

It was of its time, that time is gone and we're now well into the Hotel California range of please make it stop.

As Hank W himself posed as a musical question: How can I miss you if you won't go away?

Please note:  In this Cream recording from Albert Hall, I think I actually spied Epstein's GF in the audience.  I mean Ghislaine Maxwell, at the 2:03-minute mark.  What do you think?

I cannot say for sure.

But, you know, in days gone by, Ghislaine was everywhere...

And so, why not here, too?

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1

Please check this out....

Is this really Maxwell at the Royal Albert Hall in 2005, listening to Cream?

At minute 2:03?

If so, then, for sure, she is now learning to sing the blues, baby, in NYC, better than she ever did.

Also, Maxwell looks just toooo bored for this great blues song.

7 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Nice to see Sleepy La Beef get a nod. He used to come up to NYC and play 3 hour sets, telling jokes and stories, and doing stuff like a 20 minute Hank Williams medley that kept crashing into his Chuck Berry medley.

But as great as the blues are, I'd be good to not hear them much ever again -and that goes triple for played to death songs like Honkey Tonk Women.

It was of its time, that time is gone and we're now well into the Hotel California range of please make it stop.

As Hank W himself posed as a musical question: How can I miss you if you won't go away?

Sorry if you find this topic offensive,  but now that you've had your moan, maybe it would be better for your mental health if you just didn't bother visiting this topic in the future. After all, it's not compulsory reading. Have a nice day.

• Like 1