Health Insurance for over 70's

Chris Setchell

My post on Thursday got a number of replies regarding WRLife & with the response I received from them, am now  seeking out a further Company that will give cover ( At a reasonable cost). I was only paying monthly so not a issue cancelling Policy, as to having a policy with WRLife, I did but when I questioned them ( As they are only Brokers!), they stated the main Company is situated in Bangkok but could not get in writing from WRLife or that Co they would cover my Hospital costs. This is the reason I am now seeking a further Co ( That's if there are any that will Cover people over 70!).

only the pacific cross, till 75. 

From 65 health check. 

Over 65 they have included 20k deductible.

Until very recently they had up to 300k deductible with up to 50% lower premiums to all ages, it's gone now.

Personally, I am considering switching from the PC to wrl, when the dust settles and they survive for the next year or two (they are some 50% cheaper than the PC).

https://misterprakan.com/th/health/plans?gender=Male&age=71&lg=en&ipd=1&opdf=0&leadid=348157

Edited by internationalism

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm a little confused.  Why would you think an insurance company selling thousands of policies might not cover your hospital costs?

Some companies --(I am told) want the patient to pay the cost then submit a claim for reimbursement. 

I have no knowledge if this is the policy WRLife........ In fact I have many friends who have joined it.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Some companies --(I am told) want the patient to pay the cost then submit a claim for reimbursement. 

I have no knowledge if this is the policy WRLife........ In fact I have many friends who have joined it.

The WrLife site leads you to a company called AIS (not the phone people) who will sort that side of it out...so it says. 

Have any of your many friends made a claim yet?

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

My broker has told me, and has it in an email from WRLife, that claims in Thailand are settled directly; no need for the patient to pay up front (in most cases!).  

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Cigna is an insurer, not a broker, and does their own underwriting. Cigna Global is based in the UK and comes under UK insurance regulations

From my former CIGNA Global Policy:

The insurance will be provided by:

Cigna Life Insurance Company of Europe S.A.–N.V.

52 Avenue de Cortenbergh 1000 Brussels Belgium

https://www.cignaglobal.com/dvc-pdfs/CLICE-EP17/en/200014 CGHO CLICE Expat Policy Rules Final.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 2:54 PM, internationalism said:

only the pacific cross, till 75. 

From 65 health check. 

Over 65 they have included 20k deductible.

Until very recently they had up to 300k deductible with up to 50% lower premiums to all ages, it's gone now.

Personally, I am considering switching from the PC to wrl, when the dust settles and they survive for the next year or two (they are some 50% cheaper than the PC).

https://misterprakan.com/th/health/plans?gender=Male&age=71&lg=en&ipd=1&opdf=0&leadid=348157

When I contacted PC in the past regarding coverage, they told me they write no new coverage for 65 and older--they will continue to cover past 65, of course, if you were initially covered prior to age 65, but of course, with increasing premiums.  And, as others, they do exclude for pre-existing conditions.