Biden speech denouncing Trump, 'MAGA ideology' sparks threats, calls for violence

onthedarkside

40 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It speaks  to what sources of information you use that you seem to have no knowledge of this at all. I almost feel ashamed to pollute your innocence with knowledge. Nonetheless, here are a few links. 

I am not from the USA , I have never been to the USA and I take little interest in what goes on in the USA , if it wasn't for this site I would ever read any news about the USA

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It speaks  to what sources of information you use that you seem to have no knowledge of this at all. I almost feel ashamed to pollute your innocence with knowledge. Nonetheless, here are a few links. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/27/us/politics/trump-legal-strategy.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trumps-lawyers-file-motion-to-delay-fraud-trial-trump-university-until-after-inauguration/

OK, I did misunderstood you .

I thought you meant that Trump was delaying the investigation into the top secret paper raid at his home .

But the report above is from 2016 , so you must have been talking about something else other than the raid 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

OK, I did misunderstood you .

I thought you meant that Trump was delaying the investigation into the top secret paper raid at his home .

But the report above is from 2016 , so you must have been talking about something else other than the raid 

Well, he did delay the Mar-y-Lago showdowns through his attorneys. It wasn't until June 2022 that the Justice Dept filed for a subpoena to be issued because negotiations were going nowhere.. That June meeting was not, as Trump claimed, a voluntary one. He had no choice in the matter. And of course his lawyers then lied about there being any more classified documents in storage. But until the Special Master motion was filed, I don't think there were any legal motions filed by his attorneys in this case.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The thing is that most biden fans here aren't Americans either. What the non Americans don't understand is that issues like illegal immigration, homelessness and crime is what effects people and biden does nothing to address this. 

So biden's speech did none of that. All biden did was try to scare voters into a dem box.

Should he have discussed every domestic issue on America's plate just so he can justify talking about a pressing topic regarding elections?

• Like 1

Those getting all butt hurt about Biden falling Trump a fascist might want to read this. Nobody expected a reaction like this </sarc>

Donald Trump has branded Joe Biden an "enemy of the state" as he hit back at the US president's assertion that the former leader and his supporters are undermining American democracy

He warned it would produce "a backlash the likes of which nobody has ever seen".

Mr Trump slammed it as the "most vicious, hateful and divisive speech ever delivered by an American president".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-04/trump-calls-biden-enemy-of-the-state/101404672

• Like 2

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

He should have talked about the concerns he knows Americans have. Not just bash the other party for political gain. 

You don't believe that Americans are concerned about why a past president was raided by the FBI for the first time ever? Biden addressed those concerns.

19 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You don't believe that Americans are concerned about why a past president was raided by the FBI for the first time ever? Biden addressed those concerns.

Retirement funds dwindling as stock market takes a dive, high rent, homelessness, crime, inflation. That's what concerns Americans.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2022/05/18/telling-poll-reveals-what-issues-americans-care-about-n2607447

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Retirement funds dwindling as stock market takes a dive, high rent, homelessness, crime, inflation. That's what concerns Americans.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2022/05/18/telling-poll-reveals-what-issues-americans-care-about-n2607447

Most Americans don't directly hold stocks and only about 40% of workers have a 401K. High rent and homelessness is not just a Biden thing and nobody with 2 brain cells to rub together thinks that inflation is Biden's fault.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Most Americans don't directly hold stocks and only about 40% of workers have a 401K. High rent and homelessness is not just a Biden thing and nobody with 2 brain cells to rub together thinks that inflation is Biden's fault.

Retirement funds = stock market. High rent, crime and homelessness is a thing. Immigration is a thing. It's a US thing and our president ignores it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

The wealthiest 10% of Americans own a record 89% of all U.S. stocks

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/18/the-wealthiest-10percent-of-americans-own-a-record-89percent-of-all-us-stocks.html

So stock prices aren't much of a factor for most Americans.

What do you expect the federal government to do about high rent? One of the reasons that rent is so high is that hedge funds and such have accumulated so much cash that they are now buying up homes and renting them out. They can afford to pay top dollar thus crowding out the middle class. Trump's tax cut bill made commercial real estate investment even more profitable by allowing properties to depreciate over 10 years instead of 20. 

What do you expect the Federal govt to do about homelessness?

Or crime?

Or inflation?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

The word 'hounded' implies that he was unfairly harassed and persecuted. Do you really think that's the right word for someone who:

• was impeached twice,
  • accepted help from Russia to spread disinformation and, hack into Democratic party computer servers,
  • tried to barter foreign aid to Ukraine in exchange for political dirt,
  • passed tax cuts which disproportionately favored the top 1%, and increased income and wealth inequality,
  • told over 30,000 lies during his time in office,
  • said he believed Putin over his own intelligence services in Helsinki,
  • got totally played by North Korea
  • hypocritically golfed 307 times during his presidency,
  • hypocritically and grossly mishandled top secret information,
  • undermined confidence in virtually every American institution including the intelligence services, the judiciary, law enforcement, the Federal Reserve, and election integrity,
  • incited a riot and spread 'the big lie' that the election was stolen in a brazen attempt to stay in power,
  • embraced and gave tacit support to right-wing militia groups, (including neo-Nazi groups in Charlottesville, VA),
  • stoked racial and ethnic tensions for political gain and,
  • is being sued for defamation in NY, and is under investigation for wire, bank and tax fraud in NY, and election interference in Georgia?

I, for one, sure as heck don't.

If your ridiculous list was all proven as true I might change my mind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Two sounds about right.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

The thing is that most biden fans here aren't Americans either. What the non Americans don't understand is that issues like illegal immigration, homelessness and crime is what effects people and biden does nothing to address this. 

So biden's speech did none of that. All biden did was try to scare voters into a dem box.

Almost all crime in the US is handled by state and local government, it only becomes a federal responsibility when it crosses state lines.  Apparently Trump and his base don't understand this.

Homelessness is always a local government problem, not one for the federal government.

I'll believe illegal immigration is a serious problem wihen all levels of government get serious about identifying and prosecuting the people and businesses that hire illegal immigrants.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pomchop said:

I am  more concerned about a dictator wannabe and his cult followers trying to seize power by encouraging violence, by promising to apologize and pardon rioters who beat cops and tried to overturn a fair and legitimate election....who continue to claim election was rigged totally disregarding 60 court cases and numerous recounts that after almost two years still do not have ANY EVIDENCE of significant fraud. (what part of PUT UP or SHUT UP is not understood?  What part of sore loser is misunderstood?)

I am concerned about a former president who hauls dozens of boxes out of the white house containing hundreds of classified and top secret documents then lies to FBI for over a year and refuses to return the documents, calls for attacks on FBI agents, praises Putin and Dear Leader while calling the POTUS an enemy of the state.

Since republican congress members all hide under their desk and refuse to call out what they all can  see it is apparent that the President needs to sound the alarm bell loud and clear and long in the hope that some of the kool aide cult might finally open their eyes to the direction they are heading and stand up for the idea of peaceful transfers of power rather than rule by thugs.

Well, you are a Democratic who doesn't want Trump to be President again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1