Biden speech denouncing Trump, 'MAGA ideology' sparks threats, calls for violence

onthedarkside

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Oh my God, that is horrendous , how could he do such a thing .

Shocking behaviour .

Not opening a door .

Trump should be thoroughly ashamed of himself 

Yes, he should, he broke a long tradition. Trump has no respect for traditions and norms. It is this lack of respect which underpins his criminality. A weak and feckless man.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its not just Trump, he's part of a wider investigation, one of the biggest concerns here is who else had access to the documents, the FBI have cctv evidence that some were removed from a storage room at that residence in an effort to “obstruct the government’s investigation.”

Interviews and more detailed investigations into that still need to be carried out without compromising the identity of current witnesses.

So, arrest him now, and the others later.

Just do it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Do you think it would be better if he is charged bit by bit, one illegal document at a time, over the weeks and months required to evaluate all these documents?

No. They only need one piece of evidence to convict him. Are you claiming they would give him a longer sentence based on the number of documents? Any conviction would render him unable to stand for office in 2024.

The longer the delay, the more suspicion will arise that it's a political witch hunt, timed for the elections.

Personally, I think they have been alarmed at the reaction and don't know how to proceed without enraging a significant portion of the voting population.

Be ironic if this, IMO, farce gets him elected again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

If Trump is a threat to our National Security he should absolutely be charged and locked up. 

I agree, and if they can prove he colluded with the Russians, the North Koreans, the Chinese and anyone else not American against the USA, execute him.

Oh, they already tried that, but nada.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree, and if they can prove he colluded with the Russians, the North Koreans, the Chinese and anyone else not American against the USA, execute him.

Oh, they already tried that, but nada.

Lordy, I hope he didn't destroy the tapes.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

And full of racist hatred. He wouldn't even allow Obama a ceremony for his official portrait as is also customary. Not to mention taking down several portraits he didn't like. He is a racist pig.

I doubt he liked Obama.

Are we not getting a bit OTT on the language? Jai yen, jai yen.

• Haha 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I doubt he liked Obama.

Are we not getting a bit OTT on the language? Jai yen, jai yen.

Calling Trump a racist pig is over the top? I think most people would consider that unremarkable given the evidence and his own words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Amusing that's the only argument you have, which has already been explained to you may times why they are not ready yet but you refuse to acknowledge it. The onus is on you to wait just as everyone else including Trump who has been attempting to delay the investigation as much as possible. 

LOL. Plenty of posters on this forum already convicted him. Tell them that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Calling Trump a racist pig is over the top? I think most people would consider that unremarkable given the evidence and his own words.

Perhaps it's time to remind posters of the forum rules

Our Forum Rules and Standards of Conduct can be summarized as Be Nice, Be Respectful. We encourage all members to be nice to each other, to help each other and to enjoy the forum and its content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps it's time to remind posters of the forum rules

Our Forum Rules and Standards of Conduct can be summarized as Be Nice, Be Respectful. We encourage all members to be nice to each other, to help each other and to enjoy the forum and its content.

Nice to you and each other does NOT include Donald Trump or any public figure not a member of this board. I'm sure you understand that anyway.

You thought my post was funny anyway, what are you complaining about?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Sometimes we need leaders who can deliver inconvenient and challenging messages. Biden's speech did just that.

It wasn't divisive - and people who make that spurious argument are part of the problem - it was just a dose of reality.

And Trumps speech in PA yesterday merely illustrated the 'problem' more than any words or images in Biden's speech..

I'm actually feeling a bit of sympathy for him, and his supporters. They've lost their souls, but I'm confident most will wake up and realize a civil war is not the answer.

Americans haven't finished the last one yet.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Plenty of posters on this forum already convicted him. Tell them that.

They are not saying arrest him now which is all you keep muttering, they know the due investigative procedure needs to be carried out first

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

MAGA Republicans have spent the last two years going after teachers and librarians for teaching about slavery or highlighting Black leaders like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Harriet Tubman.

Speaking to MSNBC's Mehdi Hasan, reporter Brandy Zadrozny explained that the recent bomb threats called into Boston Children's Hospital are just more of the same from the right-wing that has been going after anyone helping to treat transgender children. The Washington Post reported that a right-wing digital group is behind attacks on a Washington, D.C. children's hospital.

https://www.rawstory.com/maga-republican-threats/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

If Trump is a threat to our National Security he should absolutely be charged and locked up. 

I agree.  However since Trump is under the spotlight he is unlikely to do anything with any material he held back.  So if he's a threat to national security the FBI should take the time to make an ironclad case against him.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No. They only need one piece of evidence to convict him. Are you claiming they would give him a longer sentence based on the number of documents? Any conviction would render him unable to stand for office in 2024.

The longer the delay, the more suspicion will arise that it's a political witch hunt, timed for the elections.

Personally, I think they have been alarmed at the reaction and don't know how to proceed without enraging a significant portion of the voting population.

Be ironic if this, IMO, farce gets him elected again.

You come across as someone who is afraid that the longer the investigation continues the more dirt will be dug up on Trump and the more his cult will be humiliated.

• Haha 2