Biden speech denouncing Trump, 'MAGA ideology' sparks threats, calls for violence

onthedarkside

22 minutes ago, Karl Marx said:

You don't need stats when most Republican law makers support the big lie.  Those that reject the big lie are effectively removed from the party, as Liz Cheney was.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/11/politics/fact-check-republican-governor-nominees-2020-election/index.html

Democracies were never design to be efficient and clean.  They are fragile messy systems that require protection from demagogues and take overs.  Part of that protection involves having an informed, active and purposeful citizenry, which the US lacks.

Oh I'd say the US has a large active and purposeful slice of citizenry, but they ain't on Biden's side.

• Like 2

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Given you know zero about my political affiliations, other than they are opposed to such as Biden or HRC ( I'd have voted for Jack Kennedy, Carter, Bernie and voted against Nixon, Ford, both Bush's and Obama ) that I do not consider to be for the common man, you might do well to leave the personal comments to some other forum.

I would vote on the issues and policies and vote for any politician that comes closest to my druthers. I suppose I'm an independent voter, sadly lacking in people I respect enough to vote for.

Fact of life is that no "party" has all the policies I like, and many policies I don't, but independent candidates have a hard road to get elected.

Now, if only you had posted your political opinions previously in this forum I would have made a fair point. But since you haven't...oh wait a minute...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Now, if only you had posted your political opinions previously in this forum I would have made a fair point. But since you haven't...oh wait a minute...

My political stance is nobody's business, but mine. My posts give my opinions. You are welcome to disagree with my opinions, as I am of yours, but my political beliefs are none of your concern.

Anyway, enough of this sidebar.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Karl Marx said:

So did Mussolini, Hitler and Franco.  You missed the 3 part, informed.  You need all three.

All of which were very popular when they came to power. If not for WW2 they might have died in old age of natural causes, like Mao and Stalin ( don't think Franco came to a sticky end either ).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Thought the subject was Biden. Oh well.

Just wanted to clear up your misapprehension. And also put in perspective Biden's standing. Interesting that he's actually ahead of Reagan at the same stage in his Presidency, don't you think?

Edited by placeholder

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Just wanted to clear up your misapprehension. And also put in perspective Biden's standing. Interesting that he's actually ahead of Reagan at the same stage in his Presidency, don't you think?

Nope, I think these comparisons and polls are pointless.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Factual history is educational. Polls are often misleading.

It's one thing when you're referring to the future.Quite another when you're referring to the past. And if you scrutine the midterm elections of these various President, you'll find that they jibed closely enough with the polls.

12 hours ago, placeholder said:

It's one thing when you're referring to the future.Quite another when you're referring to the past. And if you scrutine the midterm elections of these various President, you'll find that they jibed closely enough with the polls.

and if we scrutinise the previous midterm elections, we can be pretty sure that the house, if not the senate as well, will be GOP majority next year.

Doesn't leave long for the Biden agenda to be passed, as it ain't got a snowball in hell's chance if they lose the house.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 7:48 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Few days ago biden said you can't fight the government with guns, you'd need an F-15. And yet supposedly our democracy was attacked with sticks. C'mon man.

That's not what he said and you know it. You're deliberately misrepresenting his words, let alone the context.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and if we scrutinise the previous midterm elections, we can be pretty sure that the house, if not the senate as well, will be GOP majority next year.

Doesn't leave long for the Biden agenda to be passed, as it ain't got a snowball in hell's chance if they lose the house.

Foirtunately for America, a huge part of Biden's agenda has already passed. So, given your knowledge of the situation, can you share with us what parts of Biden's agenda are still on the table?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stevenl said:

That's not what he said and you know it. You're deliberately misrepresenting his words, let alone the context.

"If you want to fight against a country you need more than a gun you need an F-15. I said government earlier but does that really change anything about the meaning. Hey listen I wished biden was more coherent as well. You can't deny it's the liberals who are banging the imaginary drums of civil war. They're perpetuating the cycle of violence or they're certainly trying to. It's as if biden actually wants something to happen. Why else would he give a speech filled with gloom and doom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2022 at 7:48 PM, EVENKEEL said:

Few days ago biden said you can't fight the government with guns, you'd need an F-15. And yet supposedly our democracy was attacked with sticks. C'mon man.

But the question isn't whether what the protesters were armed with, (and it wasn't exactly sticks, was it?), it was their intent. And many of them believed that their attack on the Capitol would precipitate something called The Storm, which would result in government officials and elected representatives judged to be members of the deep state would be subject imprisonment and execution. And of course, even with the weapons they had at hand, that would be more than enough to murder elected representatives.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But the question isn't whether what the protesters were armed with, (and it wasn't exactly sticks, was it?), it was their intent. And many of them believed that their attack on the Capitol would precipitate something called The Storm, which would result in government officials and elected representatives judged to be members of the deep state would be subject imprisonment and execution. And of course, even with the weapons they had at hand, that would be more than enough to murder elected representatives.

Unfortunately when one continues saying "doom and gloom violence" as you are over and over again some folks will begin to believe it. The MSN are calling it civil war? The only logical explanation is the liberals want a few of the nutters to actually do something. Of course there's some conservative nutters out there. But biden wants to smear all who aren't on his side as being a nutter and that's not true.

You write as if you know their "intent" on 6/1. What is the Storm? Sounds ominous as did biden's speech. 

If their was an intent to have as the liberal nutters call an insurrection, they (the folks on 6/1 would have been armed to the teeth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

"If you want to fight against a country you need more than a gun you need an F-15. I said government earlier but does that really change anything about the meaning. <Snip>

I won't react to the rest of your nonsense, but yes, together with the context that changes a lot about the meaning.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, placeholder said:

If anyone has doubts about his fascist leanings, this post from Trump about what he considers a positive attribute should put those doubts to rest. This is his endorsement of the guy who went on to win the primary to be the Republican candidate for governor of Massachusetts:

Trump Says Geoff Diehl Will Rule Massachusetts With 'Iron Fist' If Elected

"Geoff is a proven fighter who successfully pushes back on the ultra liberal extremists, and who has driven them a little bit wild too because they can't figure him out, and he'll rule your state with an iron fist and he'll do what has to be done," Trump said.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-geoff-diehl-massachusetts-primary-1740114

Given the admiration he has expressed for how Putin, Xi, and Kim govern, this sort of endorsement should come as no surprise.

Wow!  Today is Christmas for whoever it is that is running against this Diehl.

"Do you want Massachusetts ruled with an iron fist?"

Ok, Mr Diehl, say "Thank you sir."

21 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Unfortunately when one continues saying "doom and gloom violence" as you are over and over again some folks will begin to believe it. The MSN are calling it civil war? The only logical explanation is the liberals want a few of the nutters to actually do something. Of course there's some conservative nutters out there. But biden wants to smear all who aren't on his side as being a nutter and that's not true.

You write as if you know their "intent" on 6/1. What is the Storm? Sounds ominous as did biden's speech. 

If their was an intent to have as the liberal nutters call an insurrection, they (the folks on 6/1 would have been armed to the teeth. 

It seems your position is that since the attempt to overthrow the government by stopping the legal certification of the election result was poorly planned and executed, it was no big deal.

If the next attempted coup is better planned and executed will you consider that a big deal?  Which side will you be on?

• Like 2