Biden speech denouncing Trump, 'MAGA ideology' sparks threats, calls for violence

onthedarkside

Pennsylvania governor candidate Doug Mastriano prayed Trump would 'seize the power' ahead of January 6, video shows

"I pray that we'll take responsibility — we'll seize the power that we had given to us by the Constitution, and as well by You, providentially. I pray for the leaders also in the federal government, God, on the 6th of January that they will rise up with boldness," he said.

https://news.yahoo.com/pennsylvania-governor-candidate-doug-mastriano-014302235.html

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

Pennsylvania governor candidate Doug Mastriano prayed Trump would 'seize the power' ahead of January 6, video shows

"I pray that we'll take responsibility — we'll seize the power that we had given to us by the Constitution, and as well by You, providentially. I pray for the leaders also in the federal government, God, on the 6th of January that they will rise up with boldness," he said.

https://news.yahoo.com/pennsylvania-governor-candidate-doug-mastriano-014302235.html

Mastriano is not featured in this cobbled-together VDO. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Here's a link to the video

If you don't have much patience for blithering patriotic piety, you can skip to about 1:50 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX95kTloZBU

Thanks for posting that and it should make the MAGA maniacs very happy to think that this "senator" is on their side, however I'm hopeful that some action will be taken against him for inciting or supporting a riot/insurrection, especially because he mentions the "fraud" with regard to the election, thereby perpetuating the very dangerous lie, which has already resulted in loss of life.

I really didn't think that there would be so many dumb people still falling for this nonsense, and this guy is a senator, so god help the USA.

• Like 1

Considering that Biden himself predicated his presidential campain in 2020 on a lie, and also was a 2016 election denier, he needs to be a bit more circumspect in how he talks.  

Some things he did not mention in his screed;  inflation, opiod addiction, border policy, migrants, education, energy, prices, etc.  Yet he DID manage to say "maga" 13 times. So who was the actual audience, I wonder.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Thanks for posting that and it should make the MAGA maniacs very happy to think that this "senator" is on their side, however I'm hopeful that some action will be taken against him for inciting or supporting a riot/insurrection, especially because he mentions the "fraud" with regard to the election, thereby perpetuating the very dangerous lie, which has already resulted in loss of life.

I really didn't think that there would be so many dumb people still falling for this nonsense, and this guy is a senator, so god help the USA.

When fascism flirts with religion  it's never a good sign.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, candide said:

I don't know. I never watch videos. But there' are quotes in the article. Do you claim they are fake quotes?

From what I've seen from Yahoo there is a good chance of that.

Mastriano heard the numerous complaints from voters in the PA state senate hearings - these were never allowed to go further, due to so-called "lack of standing", or whatever - I'm not surprised he believes there was wrongdoing. 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

21 minutes ago, nauseus said:

From what I've seen from Yahoo there is a good chance of that.

Mastriano heard the numerous complaints from voters in the PA state senate hearings - these were never allowed to go further, due to so-called "lack of standing", or whatever - I'm not surprised he believes there was wrongdoing. 

Isn't it in the video linked by placeholder?

You mean the hearings he himself organised, in which testimonies were not under oath? The one over which the ghost Hugo Chavez was hovering? ????

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Considering that Biden himself predicated his presidential campain in 2020 on a lie, and also was a 2016 election denier, he needs to be a bit more circumspect in how he talks.  

Some things he did not mention in his screed;  inflation, opiod addiction, border policy, migrants, education, energy, prices, etc.  Yet he DID manage to say "maga" 13 times. So who was the actual audience, I wonder.

What was the lie and where is the evidence of it and that of Biden denying the 2016 election result?

All those issues are problems in all countries in the democratic western world at the moment and if Trump was in power, heaven forbid, he would still have all of those issues.

Yet, most of those other countries of the world, do not have such a big threat to democracy as MAGA.

Wonder no more, the audience was those who had not partaken of the cult leader's kool-aid. Obviously not you!

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

What was the lie and where is the evidence of it and that of Biden denying the 2016 election result?

All those issues are problems in all countries in the democratic western world at the moment and if Trump was in power, heaven forbid, he would still have all of those issues.

Yet, most of those other countries of the world, do not have such a big threat to democracy as MAGA.

Wonder no more, the audience was those who had not partaken of the cult leader's kool-aid. Obviously not you!

The lie is Biden's claim that, after the Charlottesville riots, Trump said that there were "very fine people on both sides" in the sense that some of the neo-Nazis were very fine people. Biden claimed, "With those words, the president of the United States assigned a moral equivalence between those spreading hate and those with the courage to stand against it,".

The President did NOT say that.  He actually specifically CONDEMNED them.  In fact, he said;  "And you had people — and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the White nationalists, because they should be condemned totally — but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and White nationalists." This was in discussing the removal of Confederate statues, NOT the racist marches.  And he was correct. The statue protest was one thing, the racist marches another entirely. 

Biden deliberately lied and deliberately misconstrued the remarks to make political points.

The denial comes from this article:

https://www.insider.com/joe-biden-says-he-agrees-trump-is-illegitimate-president-2019-5

A voter said that Trump was "an illegitimate President in her mind" and Biden said, "I absoultely agree". 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hanaguma said:

In the Washington Post, September 2019, Hillary asserted that Trump stole the election. She said;

“No, it doesn’t kill me (losing the election) because he knows he’s an illegitimate president,” she said. “I believe he understands that the many varying tactics they used, from voter suppression and voter purging to hacking to the false stories — he knows that — there were just a bunch of different reasons why the election turned out like it did.”

She repeated the claim in several interviews such as on CBS news later that week.

Bitter much? Three years after losing and still nursing a grudge. 

But not crying fraud. Not persuading tens of millions of voters that there was actual fraud. Her comments about voter suppression and voter purging simply reflect what actual investigations of ballots by even Republican ruled states have found; voter fraud is insignificant.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, placeholder said:

It would have been better if Biden cited Trump's message to the White Supremacist Proud Boys "Stand back and stand by."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/proud-boys-stand-back-and-stand-by-trump-refuses-to-condemn-white-supremacists/

Yes, after being badgered for months about his supposed non-condemnation of supremacist groups, Trump was understandably getting impatient with the Democrats and the mainstream media (but I repeat myself).

Even Fact Check, hardly a Trump supporting group, acknowledged this;

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/trump-has-condemned-white-supremacists/

To quote the Bad Orange Man, 

"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans"

and

“The shooter in El Paso (after a mass shooting) posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate. In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart, and devours the soul. We have asked the FBI to identify all further resources they need to investigate and disrupt hate crimes and domestic terrorism — whatever they need.”

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Yes, after being badgered for months about his supposed non-condemnation of supremacist groups, Trump was understandably getting impatient with the Democrats and the mainstream media (but I repeat myself).

Even Fact Check, hardly a Trump supporting group, acknowledged this;

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/02/trump-has-condemned-white-supremacists/

To quote the Bad Orange Man, 

"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans"

and

“The shooter in El Paso (after a mass shooting) posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate. In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart, and devours the soul. We have asked the FBI to identify all further resources they need to investigate and disrupt hate crimes and domestic terrorism — whatever they need.”

His speeches radiate hate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Irrelevant. Stop trying to muddy the waters. 

We were talking about Biden and his false accusation. Are you willing to concede that Joe was wrong to accuse Trump of calling neo nazis "fine people"? That Trump has in fact heartily condemned racists and their ilk on numerous occasions?

You may be right on this particular point. However, Trump's overall attitude towards white nationalists has been quite ambiguous. Nice to see MAGA folks caring about truth, for once! ????