Anyone set up ShopeePay with passport?

scubascuba3

Never tried to, or even heard of it, but suspect you have to set up via mail to Shopee customer service - that was what I had to do when setting up IBanking/refunds directly to my BBL account.  I have been using IBangkok online of Bangkok Bank (Shopee takes me to sign on and returns after payment made).  Believe photo of passport marked as only for Shopee account setup (or some such wording) and of account passbook with same notation as I recall.  Customer service person was very clear on what to do.  But as said was years ago. 

I have done it. I even registered as seller on shopee.

You have to contact English speaking department through messaging app as  they have special people who deal with foreign clients. 

You will need your passport and of course a Thai Bank account.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SymS said:

You can get free shipping with Shopee Pay. Maybe that's why he wants to do it.

Actually i want to do it because COD is a PITA with Flash Express, they pretend i've changed delivery date when it's them without asking. If i pay already maybe they can just deliver

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Celsius said:

You have to contact English speaking department through messaging app as  they have special people who deal with foreign clients. 

The app is a PITA also, although I've selected English most of it is in Thai, including shopee chat

20 hours ago, Celsius said:

They make it impossible to contact them using app chat, it's in Thai, using translate doesn't work as the app goes back to the start, typical Shopee, rubbish compared to Lazada

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Actually i want to do it because COD is a PITA with Flash Express, they pretend i've changed delivery date when it's them without asking. If i pay already maybe they can just deliver

Paying up front is asking for even more problems...stick with COD.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They make it impossible to contact them using app chat, it's in Thai, using translate doesn't work as the app goes back to the start, typical Shopee, rubbish compared to Lazada

Well it may be rubbish for Farang, but for Thai market it works extremely well. 

Their mobile app is superior, they release money to the seller only after you confirm everything is ok with the order and their voucher program is more appealing. I have started using shopee food over grab now as I can get some incredible deals. 

The only problem is that unlike Lazada shopee does not accept foreign credit cards and I like collecting my points. However bigger savings more than make up for it,

I also have to add something. 

I am a bit of a toy collector and I ordered a few things from Amazon UK and US. Shipped directly from Amazon, not a 3rd party seller. 80% of my orders arrive in criminal condition due to extremely poor packaging, Toys literally arrive in carton envelope without any protection and most of the time they look like someone sat on them. Amazon UK makes international return very difficult. They require you to pay shipping for yourself and they will reimburse you when they receive it. However, they want your postal receipt to be in English and once they denied the return because it was sent via Thailand Post even though tracking and country name was clearly visible. In over 1000 packages I ordered through Shopee and Lazada all sellers took extra time to properly package their items. 

Amazon has truly become a Mickey Mouse company. They treat both their buyers and sellers like garbage. When I say buyers do you ever notice the condescending and arrogant prewritten emails they send to their costumers about how they want to delight you with their service while completely ignoring issue at hand? The message is full of woke terminology and BS that makes you puke. Appalling.

On 9/6/2022 at 9:32 AM, Celsius said:

Well it may be rubbish for Farang, but for Thai market it works extremely well. 

Their mobile app is superior, they release money to the seller only after you confirm everything is ok with the order and their voucher program is more appealing. I have started using shopee food over grab now as I can get some incredible deals. 

The only problem is that unlike Lazada shopee does not accept foreign credit cards and I like collecting my points. However bigger savings more than make up for it,

And today Shopee does not accept Bangkok Bank Internet payments - not about to return to COD so ordered from Lazada where my foreign credit card is fine.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

you set up ShopeePay with passport? how?

It was a while ago but as I recall I had to go to the shopee app on the phone, you can't use the computer.  I had to upload the passport and as I remember then had to stand in front of the phone to take my own photo. 

Here are instructions from Shopee.  If you had problems, I would just call the customer service number and talk to an agent.  Even according to this link, a foreign passport is acceptable.  If you have a Thai drivers license it may be easier. 

https://help.shopee.ph/portal/article/81097-How-to-make-sure-your-ID-is-approved-for-ShopeePay-verification%3F

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

It was a while ago but as I recall I had to go to the shopee app on the phone, you can't use the computer.  I had to upload the passport and as I remember then had to stand in front of the phone to take my own photo. 

Here are instructions from Shopee.  If you had problems, I would just call the customer service number and talk to an agent.  Even according to this link, a foreign passport is acceptable.  If you have a Thai drivers license it may be easier. 

https://help.shopee.ph/portal/article/81097-How-to-make-sure-your-ID-is-approved-for-ShopeePay-verification%3F

I've completed that form for foreigners, provided front and back thai driving licence + passport for good measure, see if anything happens

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, hellotakoya said:

If you use the ShopeePay app instead of the Shopee app, there is an option to change to passport, although it is hard to find.

Screenshot_20220907-160758486_1_1_1.thumb.jpg.db35ccf48291b801d9e61051a7d80985.jpg

That worked thanks, approved it in a couple minutes, that then updated Shopee app automatically. Now payment options are ShopeePay, bank account, QR code, many options, not just COD. 

Do you top up ShopeePay the same as truemoneywallet via Bank top up? or set up a link between ShopeePay and bank account?

On 9/6/2022 at 9:44 AM, Celsius said:

I also have to add something. 

I am a bit of a toy collector and I ordered a few things from Amazon UK and US. Shipped directly from Amazon, not a 3rd party seller. 80% of my orders arrive in criminal condition due to extremely poor packaging, Toys literally arrive in carton envelope without any protection and most of the time they look like someone sat on them. Amazon UK makes international return very difficult. They require you to pay shipping for yourself and they will reimburse you when they receive it. However, they want your postal receipt to be in English and once they denied the return because it was sent via Thailand Post even though tracking and country name was clearly visible. In over 1000 packages I ordered through Shopee and Lazada all sellers took extra time to properly package their items. 

Amazon has truly become a Mickey Mouse company. They treat both their buyers and sellers like garbage. When I say buyers do you ever notice the condescending and arrogant prewritten emails they send to their costumers about how they want to delight you with their service while completely ignoring issue at hand? The message is full of woke terminology and BS that makes you puke. Appalling.

I think ordering from Amazon in Thailand is only a last last last last resort.....Ebay is a much better choice....

On 9/7/2022 at 5:28 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Do you top up ShopeePay the same as truemoneywallet via Bank top up? or set up a link between ShopeePay and bank account?

I'll answer my own question, trying to top up ShopeePay via Kasikorn failed, but once i set up via ShopeePay to pull money from Kasikorn it worked

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'll answer my own question, trying to top up ShopeePay via Kasikorn failed, but once i set up via ShopeePay to pull money from Kasikorn it worked

Well now it might be time to give Shopees free ( yawn} shipping another look...... Its impossible for those of us without registered accounts......

The shopee coin thing looks cool to use......As much stuff as I have bought I should have had loads of coins by now.....

Edited by redwood1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Well now it might be time to give Shopees free ( yawn} shipping another look...... Its impossible for those of us without registered accounts......

The shopee coin thing looks cool to use......As much stuff as I have bought I should have had loads of coins by now.....

I've not worked out how to get the free shipping, when you do maybe post here

• 2 weeks later...

You think Shopee's bad? What about Siamburies expat foods? I tried to order just as I did a few times previously, now they tell me my password is wrong, I tried to get a new one, they told me they would send a link to my email address. that was lies, they never did, I tried three times, no link sent at all. They have now lost a good customer.

• 1 year later...