Police Summon Mountain B Pub Electrician, To Charge Him With Negligence

webfact

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

for the same reason the electrician is charged.... they had to control if it was really a restaurant and act as it became a nightclub.. It is endless for Thai people to blame other people, so let us do it too

The electrician is being held to task over he work done on the illegal part of the building............ after it was approved.

Tel me why the inspectors should be in the <deleted>.... for nothing they were involved with ?

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Electrician ???

Are there such beings here ???...  Isn’t it usually just someone’s mate of a mate who happens to have a screw-driver and some electrical tape ??

Of course, I’ve no idea IF the electrician who fitted Mountain B was qualified, however...  IF someone is not a fully qualified / certified electrician, is it not the owners fault for employing someone unqualified on a property which is going to be used by the pubic ???

as retired certified uk electrician .what i seen in the last 20 yrs here  there is no qualified electricians here ,

in particular my house where i live ,example USE THE BLACK AS LIVE !!!!! black everywhere is negative ONLY   

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

The electrician is being held to task over he work done on the illegal part of the building............ after it was approved.

Tel me why the inspectors should be in the <deleted>.... for nothing they were involved with ?

It just that you can blame everybody if you want..... inspectors did their job but did not follow up in a way of speaking. If want to hit the dog you always can find a stick.......

31 minutes ago, Road Warrior said:

as retired certified uk electrician .what i seen in the last 20 yrs here  there is no qualified electricians here ,

in particular my house where i live ,example USE THE BLACK AS LIVE !!!!! black everywhere is negative ONLY   

My Thai son's house, plans clearly marked for a 3 phase connection in the kitchen (electric oven and 4 point electric cook top).

House completed, development company 'inspector' signs that all items on the plan have been satisfactorily completed, electrics mentioned.

Son buys package of kitchen appliances, seller sends 'qualified technician* to install all the appliances.

• *Turns out he is a Thai gualified elctrician.

Technician tells son that the outlet in the kitchen (in fact all outlets in the kitchen) are basic wiring; there is no 3 phase.

Son calls development company, office girl tell son 'oh that's not allowed in Thailand'. Son demands a meeting with a senior person from the development company.

Now there's a list of excuses/reasons why 3 phase not fitted, but very little concern.

Son demands an answer as to when 3 phase will be fiited and a guarantee that there will be no extra charges.  Takes weeks and daily push from son to get it completed. Development company now claims that it's illegal to bring other technicians/electricians on site to confirm there is 3 phase and it has been installed correctly and safely.

Son refuses to make final payment for the house and land and tells dev. company he has put the whole situation in the hands of his well known lawyer.

Suddenly a call from snr. mngr. of the dev. company inviting son to quickly bring a licensed/qualified electrician on site and full cooperation for this person to check all the wiring.

Small additional point, It's now discovered there's 2 power outlets fitted in other ooms that are not connected to any wiring. Word spreads, other owners now demanding further checks on the electrics fitted in their houses, and some work done to fix problems exposed.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

I agree 100%.

But is there a process for post inspection?

I suspect not so once again.... why should the inspectors be held accountable ?

Why not, that's their job and if they discover and don't tell then they are derelict in heir duties/responsibilities and should be punished.

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Electrician ???

Are there such beings here ???...  Isn’t it usually just someone’s mate of a mate who happens to have a screw-driver and some electrical tape ??

Of course, I’ve no idea IF the electrician who fitted Mountain B was qualified, however...  IF someone is not a fully qualified / certified electrician, is it not the owners fault for employing someone unqualified on a property which is going to be used by the pubic ???

Who signed off on the electrics on the construction?

Although I guess if opened without permit, then possibly built without permits or any type of certification for any of the building or its infrastructure 

2 hours ago, leither69 said:
6 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

The place was illegally adapted to a nightclub..... after the officials inspected and approved it as a restaurant.

How are they at fault ?

Because a regular inspection should take place of all licensed premises.

How frequently are those inspections supposed to take place?

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

It just that you can blame everybody if you want..... inspectors did their job but did not follow up in a way of speaking. If want to hit the dog you always can find a stick.......

is there a legal requirement for inspectors to do a follow up ?

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Why not, that's their job and if they discover and don't tell then they are derelict in heir duties/responsibilities and should be punished.

The inspectors did their job..... When they approved the place as a restaurant.

Why are you and several others finding this hard to understand.

5 hours ago, Moti24 said:

About 12 years ago, I rented a new house, just outside Bangkok, three-pin sockets in all rooms.

After getting a tiny shock from the casing of my PC, I checked the wiring - The consumer unit had an earth wire connected from the outside of the house, but only 2-core cable had been used from the consumer unit around the house.

Qualified or not, I don't think it makes a difference; nobody checks qualifications, nor ongoing work.

I got a tingle from my microwave oven last week. On checking the plug it was a three pin with the earth pin missing, plugged into my earthed socket. The oven had been repaired about two months ago by an?? electrician and the cable extended. TIT

7 hours ago, Geoffggi said:
9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Electrician ???

Expand  

Talk about the lowest hanging fruit first, What about the certifying authority? - Probably paid off, surely who ever certifies that the structure is sound, and all services including water, electrics, emergency exits, fire fighting equipment etc. have been checked, prior to issuance of said certificate - Just for a change start at the top & work downwards. 

Agreed... But was the extended part of the structure  legal ??? IF illegal, how could it be inspected ?...

In which case the fault lies with the police for permitting the place to open....

Once the surface is scratched we see the corruption and failings at every step...  

Go to any building and we may very well see the same issue. 

But, even with fully legal buildings are we to truly believe that these places have been correctly inspected ???... or have they passed with flying colours and the inspector leaves a little happier and takes the wife out for dinner with the extra cash he just earned !!! ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

The inspectors did their job..... When they approved the place as a restaurant.

Why are you and several others finding this hard to understand.

The comments are more about the later situation and inspection/monitoring of what activity is taking place/is it being used as originally licensed/certified etc.