Rechargeable battery for shaver...where in Pattaya?

thoengthaied

Your picture does not show a model/type description.

In best case it could be an ordinary 18650 Li-ion cell which is available "about everywhere" (like Amorn).

But is it? Seems it has a nipple on both ends (which looks special)?

What's the model number of the shaver?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

You might want to check Lazada/Shopee as they sell many and in past have ordered and fixed a unit with such.  As no info in your photo a shaver model might help people find.  Although this looks like your photo:

https://shopee.co.th/1PCS-lot-Electric-shaver-epilator-massage-Li-Ion-rechargeable-battery-for-Panasonic-ES8042-ES8043-ES8044-ES8046-ES8048-E-i.820220540.18531517745?sp_atk=c57bf752-9502-4fa7-b88d-34dcdd7a5f5e&xptdk=c57bf752-9502-4fa7-b88d-34dcdd7a5f5e

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thoengthaied said:

Panasonic ES-LT6 ES-LV6 ES-LV8 Rechargeable Shaver Lithium 680mAh 3.7V Battery - Picture 2 of 5Where in Pattaya can I find a replacement rechargeable battery for my Panasonic electric shaver?

Likely nowhere. Looks like a Shopee or AliExpress job 

https://shopee.co.th/1PCS-lot-Electric-shaver-epilator-massage-Li-Ion-rechargeable-battery-for-Panasonic-ES8042-ES8043-ES8044-ES8046-ES8048-E-i.820220540.18531517745

https://th.aliexpress.com/i/32992507814.html

https://th.aliexpress.com/item/32433560686.html

15 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You might want to check Lazada/Shopee as they sell many and in past have ordered and fixed a unit with such.  As no info in your photo a shaver model might help people find.  Although this looks like your photo:

https://shopee.co.th/1PCS-lot-Electric-shaver-epilator-massage-Li-Ion-rechargeable-battery-for-Panasonic-ES8042-ES8043-ES8044-ES8046-ES8048-E-i.820220540.18531517745?sp_atk=c57bf752-9502-4fa7-b88d-34dcdd7a5f5e&xptdk=c57bf752-9502-4fa7-b88d-34dcdd7a5f5e

Did you edit your post to steal my link?? ???? 

I know you didn't, as you also copied and pasted the tracking part that I removed.

I have searched and found some on Aliexpress but delivery to here will not be until mid November. My shaver is rapidly becoming unable to hold it's charge and I wondered if similar are available in Pattaya area. Hence my post. If there is a shop which sells such batteries I will take the original with me to compare before buying. My first thoughts were Amorn or Mr DIY, but input from board members here would be welcome before I waste time and fuel.

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

Did you edit your post to steal my link?? ???? 

I know you didn't, as you also copied and pasted the tracking part that I removed.

Was doing edit when you posted it seems.  I noticed that after I edited my post - did not see the "?" so just posted it all.  Eyes not the greatest in old age.????

7 minutes ago, thoengthaied said:

Transam...I have looked on Lazada. That's my first choice of supplier but they are confusing. Do you have a link to what you have found there please?

Not now, but, I recall it says from China....940bht..

10 minutes ago, thoengthaied said:

I have looked on Lazada. That's my first choice of supplier but they are confusing. Do you have a link to what you have found there please?

This appears to be a Lazada offer (at twice the price)

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/original-li-ion20-panasonic-es8042-es8043-es8044-es804636v-li-ion-i4096326365-s16002579110.html

Oops - did not refresh page fast enough and info already posted.  

Edited by lopburi3

33 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That looks good, thank you. But did you notice that it's "Pre order. Ships in 13 days" I think from Japan, and I need item quickly. Would like to be able to buy locally. Surely there's a shop which sells them in Pattaya area????

Just now, thoengthaied said:

That looks good, thank you. But did you notice that it's "Pre order. Ships in 13 days" I think from Japan, and I need item quickly. Would like to be able to buy locally. Surely there's a shop which sells them in Pattaya area????

Actually Thai sellers are not big on stocking spare parts so that dream may not be fulfilled.  But a Panasonic Service Center might have (for a price)?  Might be time to buy a new shaver if not a high priced model (although have not been happy with any I have bought here - cheap Philips 1000 seems to be the only thing that can cut my barbed wire).  And the One Blade to trim (but getting real blades an issue).

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually Thai sellers are not big on stocking spare parts so that dream may not be fulfilled.  But a Panasonic Service Center might have (for a price)?  Might be time to buy a new shaver if not a high priced model (although have not been happy with any I have bought here - cheap Philips 1000 seems to be the only thing that can cut my barbed wire).  And the One Blade to trim (but getting real blades an issue).

Yes. However my shaver is a Panasonic ARC 5 model and the new model (ARC 6) is priced at around 500 GBP, so I don't want to buy new unless absolutely necessary. I am currently searching for a Panasonic service centre. Numchai might be a possibility. I am intending to do some leg work this afternoon, unless somebody here can point me in the right direction.

10 minutes ago, thoengthaied said:

Yes. However my shaver is a Panasonic ARC 5 model and the new model (ARC 6) is priced at around 500 GBP, so I don't want to buy new unless absolutely necessary. I am currently searching for a Panasonic service centre. Numchai might be a possibility. I am intending to do some leg work this afternoon, unless somebody here can point me in the right direction.

Understand not wanting to lose such an investment.  You could try calling Panasonic battery products (do not see anything in Pattaya)

Tel. 02-384-2138

Or   Tel. 02-729-9000 press 2 for beauty products.

Edited by lopburi3

Guys...thanks to all of you. I have decided to buy from Lazada from the link that Bruno123 posted. Just over 1000 baht and cash on delivery, but if it is the correct one I will save time looking around Pattaya. I've just disassembled the shaver according to a video on Youtube and, although I am a totally impractical person, I found it easy to do. Delivery from Lazada estimated to be 10th-12th Sept. so not long to wait. I'm crossing my fingers now! 

Edited by thoengthaied

I often check eBay out of China  vs Lazada/Shopee.  Often international shipping is free or low cost post.

Did a quick check for your battery on eBay out of China.  The battery is available for less than 500 Bt but all the listings are for shipping from European countries and the shipping will at least double the price.

Hint:  To be able to specify "Out of China" click on "Advanced" at the top right of the eBay opening page, put in what you are looking for in the "Key Words" space at the top of the page, the scroll down to and click on "Located In" and select China (or whatever country you desire), then finally click on "Search" at the bottom of the page.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thoengthaied said:

Guys...thanks to all of you. I have decided to buy from Lazada from the link that Bruno123 posted. Just over 1000 baht and cash on delivery, but if it is the correct one I will save time looking around Pattaya. I've just disassembled the shaver according to a video on Youtube and, although I am a totally impractical person, I found it easy to do. Delivery from Lazada estimated to be 10th-12th Sept. so not long to wait. I'm crossing my fingers now! 

Should get quickly at that price - but with a 14% ship on time ratting seller does not sound too reliable. 

Edited by lopburi3

The battery is a 14500 li-ion with special end terminals. Typical "you can only use our expensive battery" policy. I would get a normal 14500 battery for 50- 100 baht, spot weld some tabs on it and solder it in. A TV repair shop would probably do it for 100 baht.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, wombat said:

has it been suggested bite the bullet and splurge on a new one?

Yes but he has a high end shaver not sold here which would likely cost over 10,000 baht - so 1k fix makes sense.

In my experience (a dozen or so) local market cheap and mid priced shavers just do not cut western beards (no matter how nice they look).  And that includes name brands.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

The battery is a 14500 li-ion with special end terminals. Typical "you can only use our expensive battery" policy. I would get a normal 14500 battery for 50- 100 baht, spot weld some tabs on it and solder it in. A TV repair shop would probably do it for 100 baht.

Think it would blow up....????