Ban Pakkard Visa run all good

So it looks like they charged you an extra 1400 baht to fill out the TM6 and walk you across the border and back, do you think you could have done an in and out yourself without paying the extra, if I remember right when it did this there back in 2017 it was just 300 baht extra 

Edited by flexomike

3 hours ago, flexomike said:

So it looks like they charged you an extra 1400 baht to fill out the TM6 and walk you across the border and back, do you think you could have done an in and out yourself without paying the extra, if I remember right when it did this there back in 2017 it was just 300 baht extra 

yes for sure, I would imagine you could this yourself no issues. 

the only thing I don't know is wether the Cambodian side will let you back on the same day without any  payments...maybe some one else can comment with experience.

the only time i did this border was before with a van company from Pattaya. so of course we had no issues. 

I was once at Poipet with a friend who  went over and they( Cambodian Immigration)  point blank refused to allow him to leave Cambodia until the next day.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

2 years ago mini van border runs from Pattaya were 2,300 baht, so they def charged you extra. They also took the passport over the border for you, so having to make the trip is an interesting change, if true

It isn't 2300 bhat now

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, OJAS said:

All I can say is that I have just conducted a Google search of my own based on "border runs from Pattaya Cambodia" in line with @visarunner's suggestion - and up popped loads of potential options!

Some people on here really expect to be spoonfed to a ridiculous degree, don't they?

finding on google is little use, probably outdated, real current live border run vans is required, i guess you won't know

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

finding on google is little use, probably outdated, real current live border run vans is required, i guess you won't know

For your part I guess that the oft-quoted AseanNow mantra which goes "Let Google be your friend" has somehow managed to pass you by. On the contrary, when it comes to identifying potential border run service providers, you clearly seem to regard Google as your sworn enemy solely on the basis of a completely unsubstantiated belief regarding the currency of the information which its searches yield!

Edited by OJAS
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2022 at 11:17 AM, McGregor21 said:

Had a good chat with the lady after i was back into Thailand and she says, i can do this one more time in one year and next time it will be 1700 baht, same price for everyone she says..haha..will wait and see. 

Good to know that border hops are still working, contrary to the BS the other people are saying.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2022 at 8:22 AM, zzzzz said:

Cambodia tourist visa is $30 not $35 ( thats the ordinary/business visa) 

Hat lek/trat is a very easy border crossing as well
koh kong is  a nice place to spend the night

I have had trouble with the Cambodian Visa guys wanting extra payments. I started getting an evisa to avoid their bullying. 

3 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

I have had trouble with the Cambodian Visa guys wanting extra payments. I started getting an evisa to avoid their bullying. 

This thread is about the Ban Pakkard border crossing. You cannot enter Cambodia there using an eVisa.

Edited by Caldera
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 8:09 AM, Wongkitlo said:

Did you bother reading zzzz's comment? It was about Hat Lek.  Why dont you tell him?

I wrote that for the benefit of others reading this thread. Not everyone knows at which land border crossings you can enter Cambodia with an eVisa.

22 hours ago, Caldera said:

I wrote that for the benefit of others reading this thread. Not everyone knows at which land border crossings you can enter Cambodia with an eVisa.

He was talking about Hat Lek and it was a direct reply to his comment claiming that Hat Lek is an easy border when it is well known for it's scamming Cambodian border officials and it's fake  medical test. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2022 at 8:22 AM, zzzzz said:

Cambodia tourist visa is $30 not $35 ( thats the ordinary/business visa) 

Hat lek/trat is a very easy border crossing as well
koh kong is  a nice place to spend the night

There were reports a few years back of hassle with immigration at this border. Is it currently a good place to get a visa exempt entry?