Pattaya dance teacher files report claiming foreign tourist inappropriately touched her while out for a stroll on Walking Street

webfact

3 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Exactly how much "courage" does it take to report a crime to the police ?  Not a lot,  especially when a share of 200,000 baht is the outcome.  

Now she's got her pic splashed all over the media in a negative context. Not something she'd have preferred, as a Thai woman. It's the same even in the USA. Decades ago, my cousin was raped by her boss, for example, but didn't want publicity, needed her job, and didn't want to upset her marriage. Are you a Thai woman? How would you know how she'd feel about that?

Nor did she know what the outcome would be. She said she wasn't looking for money but thought the perp should be punished, as indeed the law would require.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, James105 said:

I doubt it would be too difficult to engineer an unwanted grope from the average drunken farang, especially if the police are onside (which they will be) by taking a significant chunk of that 200k as well.

But here police have investigated and reviewed the CCTV and have determined the woman wasn't perpetrating a scam. Indeed, her appearance would indicate she likely wasn't. Looks like she went clubbing, maybe met up with some friends--not that it matters.

On the other hand, if farang were afraid of being scammed, they might well straighten up their act and avoid uninvited groping. Yeah, they could do that. We don't see much of this nowadays:

quality2.jpg.fefee8515451225823cfde131e23c1bd.jpg

The Thai definition of (illegal) prostitution requires enticement, BTW.

Yah, we're always hearing all this paranoia about police scams perpetrated on farang. Sitting at the Red Cat the other day having a cool one, I enjoyed watching the police from Soi 9 pull over motorcyclists. OH--they pulled over Thais as well as farang, yet more farang were trying to get away with not wearing helmets than Thais. WOT??? Where's all that planting drugs on farang after spurious searches on Thong Lor? Fantastic money in that. WOT?? None.

Over to you for the current examples.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

To grab a random stranger if that was the case is pretty wrong either way, seems a bit odd though, guess no idea of details and without those hard to judge if it just needs a slap or more serious than that.

Its fairly common for the guys to be grabbed randomly and sometimes drunken people are really stupid and think everyone is in on that game, potentially an idiot who will learn a lesson and not an evil molester as some suggesting.

If in a red light district every gentle slap of the <deleted> was prosecuted, guessing the police would be fairly busy but it also risks it becoming the next big scam and also potentially putting a lot of business models in the red light districts out of action at the same time so lose lose.

If this was a malignant aggressive assault then absolutely no defending that, touching random people is also not cool and in no way am I suggesting otherwise by suggesting perspective.

A drunken idiot in a red light district getting charged with sexual assault and the harm that could cause him if it was in his head just a playful action could do more harm than good despite the rights and wrongs of the case.  This for me is why names have not been published but likely fees being agreed.

• Like 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you like sucking a lot. Now I understand your interest in Walking Street.

OH. Suddenly you don't agree with yourself, put it like that. Love it.???? One convenience of ANF: posters always let you know when you've won.

23 hours ago, champers said:
On 9/6/2022 at 4:01 PM, spidermike007 said:

Many of us refer to non working girls as civilians. 99% got it. You did not. 

I very much doubt you have had 100 posters giving you feedback to reach that conclusion

Maybe he just hit the "9" (instead of the "0") by mistake, then nine out of ten responses would be enough.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bangel72 said:

This for me is why names have not been published but likely fees being agreed.

Settlement is a common resolution for various types of crimes, NOT just those committed in red light districts, thus precluding charges and a court decision; police commonly mediate in the lower tier where lawyers aren't warranted. Here the perp can choose charges and a trial if he so desires. Most farang will prefer quick settlement. 

Commonly occurs in the West as well, BTW, though civil cases still require a judge to oversee. Divorce is a notable example many of our members will be familiar with.

2 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Settlement is a common resolution for various types of crimes, NOT just those committed in red light districts, thus precluding charges and a court decision; police commonly mediate in the lower tier where lawyers aren't warranted. Here the perp can choose charges and a trial if he so desires. Most farang will prefer quick settlement. 

Commonly occurs in the West as well, BTW, though civil cases still require a judge to oversee. Divorce is a notable example many of our members will be familiar with.

Do you realise how ridiculous you sound "as a farang" referring to others as such ?

3 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

200,000 !!!

I suspect a set up .

Of course you do.

Now that you mention it, I've often thought Thai police should make much more extensive use of decoys and stings. Great example recently: get an Indian confederate to parade around wearing a big fake gold necklace.

And to help make Walking Street more family friendly, much more of the same kind of thing can be done. In fact lots of families do visit Walking Street, regular tourists, tour groups, etc., though for the purposes of this thread we're going to pretend that ONLY drunk mongers go there.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe someone should make a video, walking into a Thai police station and complaining that a horde of girls touched them in a bar somewhere. I love to see the face of the police officers.

The Cops would possibly make some soothing noises but essentially do nothing.

They would know there was little chance of making a decent financial killing from a bunch of bar girls.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

"as a Thai woman"she wont be refusing any money I can guarantee that, Also "as a Thai woman" she well new that's what the outcome would be. 

Might have expected it, and reasonably should have. As you yourself would, if you thought you'd been victimized, under Thai law. German friend of mine just got a police-mediated settlement from a Thai at fault for his injury in a traffic accident, for example. All your "Thai woman" is just a red herring, come down to it, and misogyny.

Edited by BigStar
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Might have expected it, and reasonably should have. As you yourself would, if you thought you'd been victimized, under Thai law. German friend of mine just got a police-mediated settlement from a Thai at fault for his injury in a traffic accident, for example. All your "Thai woman" is just a red herring, come down to it.

An injury in a traffic accident can prove costly in real terms, somewhat different than being "touched" from behind. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeymike100 said:

I keep seeing this 200,000 baht and cant seem to find any corroborating information. If indeed it is true is it could be a set up. How many ladyboys have assaulted foreigners and got away with a 500 baht fine?

A set up does indeed look like a distinct possibility

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Of course you do.

Now that you mention it, I've often thought Thai police should make much more extensive use of decoys and stings. Great example recently: get an Indian confederate to parade around wearing a big fake gold necklace.

And to help make Walking Street more family friendly, much more of the same kind of thing can be done. In fact lots of families do visit Walking Street, regular tourists, tour groups, etc., though for the purposes of this thread we're going to pretend that ONLY drunk mongers go there.

Walking street is not supposed to be "family friendly"  why should it be made to be ? . Infact very few places would be "family friendly" at 2 am 

• Like 1

Just now, Bday Prang said:

Walking street is not supposed to be "family friendly"  why should it be made to be ? . Infact very few places would be "family friendly" at 2 am 

Head under a rock? Been the goal of The Authorities for decades for the whole resort and a constant source of sneering on the forum. Hence all the beautification, notably that on Walking Street itself. It was of, for, and by mongers before it even became Walking Street and 'roidheads would be parking their rented Steeds and Harleys in front of Marine Bar, after suitable revving. Mongers don't care about all that gentrification.???? Fancy paving stones, whatta joke.

And so our prescient Economists regularly predict the total destruction of Soi 6 and Walking Street and their transformation into quaint shops and restos, blah blah.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Getting defensive are we? I predict mod intervention soon.

14 minutes ago, BigStar said:

You sound ridiculous to me, too. Have we got that out of the way now? Ready to move on with more of the blaming the victim?

I have nothing to be defensive about.  neither have I blamed the victim, your righteous indignation is clouding your judgement 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

So a female shopper in Foodland may quite reasonably be expect some farang to grab her bottom, crotch, or breasts at 2 am. Her fault. Thinking otherwise would just be "woke," get over it, move on. Our lads havin' a bit o' fun.

I'm seeing a good case in this thread for further tightening of visas. ????

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, BigStar said:

So a female shopper in Foodland may quite reasonably be expect some farang to grab her bottom, crotch, or breasts at 2 am. Her fault. Thinking otherwise would just be "woke," get over it, move on. Our lads havin' a bit o' fun.

I'm seeing a good case in this thread for further tightening of visas. ????

"Woke?" I woke up at 6.00am this morning!

Edited by 2baht