Pattaya dance teacher files report claiming foreign tourist inappropriately touched her while out for a stroll on Walking Street

webfact

I spent many happy hours on walking Street, specifically on a stool at the front of Lucky Star number 2 bar, and I never once saw any man just sneak up and grope a female ( if that is what he did ). I suspect there is more to the story than we know, but given he has paid up it can be assumed he was in some way involved in inappropriate behaviour.

However, the normal response would be more likely that several Thai men would assault the miscreant, than her going to the cops.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 12:07 PM, 2baht said:

Have YOU never been groped by a girl in a bar or in the street to entice you into a bar?

I spent hundreds of hours in bar areas of Pattaya and never once was groped by anyone. The most was the usual mating call of "hansum man".

I don't know where all this groping went on outside the bars, but I suspect it's more urban legend than reality.

• Thanks 2

On 9/8/2022 at 10:32 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I spent hundreds of hours in bar areas of Pattaya and never once was groped by anyone. The most was the usual mating call of "hansum man".

I don't know where all this groping went on outside the bars, but I suspect it's more urban legend than reality.

"I spent hundreds of hours in bar areas of Pattaya and never once was groped by anyone."

You sound disappointed! ????I'm sure it could be arranged! 

• Haha 1

On 9/7/2022 at 12:49 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Ridiculous argement - Paraphrase: Being their doesn’t make here a hooker, I was there and I’m not !!!....   

Correct !!...  it makes you the customer !!!! :giggle:

Or a bypasser. ???? Strange statement. Do you feel like being obliged to hire all the prostitutes you can see?

On 9/7/2022 at 11:36 AM, James105 said:

I just hope we are not witnessing the birth of a new scam as collecting 200k from whatever the grope was sounds a lot easier and more profitable than selling sex at 1k a go.   I doubt it would be too difficult to engineer an unwanted grope from the average drunken farang, especially if the police are onside (which they will be) by taking a significant chunk of that 200k as well.

I have a friend who talked to the wrong girl in Roppongi (Tokyo) a few years ago - some promo girl for a shady hostess club he was trying to hit on while drunk - all of a sudden he sees police coming, and the girl claims he touched her boobs. They arrested him and then a "witness" African guy said he saw it happen. They didn't check CCTV which would prove his innocence. Basically it was an African mafia scam with police in on the deal. After a few days locked up he got desperate and paid around 5000 Euros for the girl to drop the charges.

The fact that a woman can drop the charges based on monetary compensation is a huge problem and obviously the reason why this scam exists. Just because this guy wasn't innocent doesn't mean the next guy wouldn't be.

5 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Well, to be fair, I wouldn't grope a stranger in either place. But the point still remains that a lady at WS alone at 3am is likely not a lady...

Likely being the operative word.... but we do get plenty domestic tourists in Pattaya these days, and they may want to visit one of the main attractions. You might be surprised as to how many Thai ladies are quite naïve. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Are you seriously comparing Foodland to walking street? One sells food, the other sells, well, sex.

You seem stuck in the 90s time warp with so many of our monger members. Present-day Walking Street is about much more than selling sex, a point that's been made already. Yes, families and "normal" people go there, just as they do to Foodland, even late at night. Mongers don't get a pass for groping any woman they please even on WS and even if drunk. They don't get exemptions for driving drunk to and from WS (or Foodland) if caught or for causing accidents while drunk, either.

Word should be spreading around rapidly now. Ignore it if you wish; it's always amusing to watch Social Darwinism in action.???? And to hear the nonsensical excuses for "our lads."

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 9:42 AM, Paul Kernell said:

What was she wearing? In the world's most reputed red light district? 200,000 baht sounds attractive! 

Why ask, helpless, when you can see exactly what she was wearing if you read the article?

WS isn't the world's most reputed red light district. We keep seeing this BS.

She made out well in the end, true. It may not have gone that way, though. In fact, the members of TAT: ANF are themselves now clutching their pearls and retired to their fainting couches in utter SHOCK that Indians may have far more money than their bigoted stereotype posits--so that the real TAT may have good reason for encouraging their custom.

8 hours ago, BigStar said:

Why ask, helpless, when you can see exactly what she was wearing if you read the article?

WS isn't the world's most reputed red light district. We keep seeing this BS.

She made out well in the end, true. It may not have gone that way, though. In fact, the members of TAT: ANF are themselves now clutching their pearls and retired to their fainting couches in utter SHOCK that Indians may have far more money than their bigoted stereotype posits--so that the real TAT may have good reason for encouraging their custom.

It doesn't matter what she was wearing, and it doesn't matter what foreigners think of Walking Street. 

I myself have been there lots of times, without any hassle. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/14/2022 at 4:34 AM, jacko45k said:

and they may want to visit one of the main attractions.

At 3 am?

On 9/14/2022 at 5:22 AM, BigStar said:

Present-day Walking Street is about much more than selling sex

At 3am?

Again- groping a random stranger is always wrong, but the fact that she took money to drop the charges speaks volumes about the "lady" in question and what she might've been doing in WS at 3am. Enjoying the vibe? or looking for trouble/drama?

28 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

At 3am?

Yes. When you know nothing about present-day WS or suffer from highly selective perception, why just blow hot air and waste time?

28 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

the fact that she took money to drop the charges speaks volumes about the "lady" in question and what she might've been doing in WS at 3am.

You wish, but not at all. Financial settlements are standard throughout the world, and precisely what you yourself would accept in a case in which the police agreed with you that you'd been wronged. Mere hypocrisy, and you've got no argument. 

Your victim blaming and shaming isn't going anywhere and only reflects on yourself.

Edited by BigStar

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Yes. When you know nothing about present-day WS or suffer from highly selective perception, why just blow hot air and waste time?

Not sure what you're talking about. Last time I was in Pattaya (2020) WS was very much a red light district. Bar girls outside every bar in skimpy outfits, ladyboys waiting to pounce on any guy who goes near them, promo girls, etc etc. Not sure what you're on about with the "present day b/s" but unless WS completely changed after Covid then it's not a family friendly location at 3am.

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Your victim blaming and shaming isn't going anywhere and only reflects on yourself.

Victim of what? Was there a rape here, did anything actually happen to her other than getting startled and angry at the guy? She literally suffered no injury physically or mentally, and gets to walk away with 200,000 baht. Had there been an actual *assault* here I'd be more sympathetic. Next time when an innocent foreigner gets falsely blamed we'll know why - 200,000 reasons why.

2 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Last time I was in Pattaya (2020) WS was very much a red light district.

It is, and more. Got restos, music bars w/ bands, clubs, etc. 

it's not a family friendly location at 3am.

It doesn't have to be "family friendly" at 3 AM to have tourists, clubbers, and locals walking around, sometimes on the way back to their bikes or cars, with none of your imagined "entrapment" motive intended.

Victim of what?

Sexual assault as defined by law in Thailand and in your own country, DUH. Pretending ignorance gets you nowhere. Disagree all you wish. Nor does anyone care in the least whether you're sympathetic. This case should serve as a good deterrent. 

Next time when an innocent foreigner gets falsely blamed

Yah, yah, they're always being falsely blamed, poor innocent lads havin' a bit o' fun.

Edited by BigStar

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 1:58 PM, RandolphGB said:

A very embarrassing mistake to make for a man to approach a regular girl thinking she’s a hooker. 

Perhaps they could wear numbers outside like they do in gogo bars. 

That is not a bad idea. Or maybe just a patch or a necklace saying WG. Or PTF for a part time freelancer. You are very experienced? ATW for around the world.

You want to be seen? You want us to know you are available? Show us! 

Edited by spidermike007

On 9/16/2022 at 5:57 PM, PingRoundTheWorld said:

At 3 am?

At 3am?

Again- groping a random stranger is always wrong, but the fact that she took money to drop the charges speaks volumes about the "lady" in question and what she might've been doing in WS at 3am. Enjoying the vibe? or looking for trouble/drama?

3am is the new 11pm......

You know nothing.... taking 'compensation' for some act of affront is standard here...it is a lot of what the police do. Walking street is often busy at 3am, it is just after chucking out time for some venues, while others are welcoming them in! Presuming any lady walking about at that time is looking to get molested is simply nonsense.