Brit 'dumped' in Thailand after his flight home is cancelled

webfact

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I wonder why this story in the main Thailand news. Some dude's flight was cancelled. 

The least hardship and suffering, especially financial (schadenfreude angle), of one of "our lads," a privileged though often impecunious class, is always of intense interest on the forum and generates lots of page views (12.6k in this case), hence revenue.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I'm flying soon and if it cancelled, I don't want my ugly mug plastered all over here.

The readership will demand it. Now if you could somehow also injure yourself, say while rushing to meet the cancelled flight, then get your hospital bed pics posted as an innocent victim of Thailand and need a GoFundMe--that'd be perfect.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Bluespunk said:
13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I figured some people wouldn’t get it... 

sure you did. 

Yup.. you still didn’t get it...     2340 hrs to walk from Bangkok to Nottingham (approx 100 days).. just under 4 months...   thread is 4 months old....       You didn’t get it, no need to try and save face, some people just miss a lot of stuff.:whistling:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
4 hours ago, blackshadow said:

dont believe 4000 for flgt to uk......

Was back then during Covid , a few add ons though  like luggage and food

Cheapest BKK-UK flight I have seen in the past few years was 10,000 baht one-way with Thai Airways...

Upcoming the cheapest one way is with 3 stops !!! (Mubai, Abu Dhabi, Tel Aviv) not a journey I’d wish on my enemies !!! (10,817 baht).

Its entirely conceivable that a Budget carrier adds promotions to fill a plane - 4000 Baht seems extremely cheap and is possibly a quoted price before taxes etc...  its still jeffing cheap !!!... 

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yup.. you still didn’t get it...     2340 hrs to walk from Bangkok to Nottingham (approx 100 days).. just under 4 months...   thread is 4 months old....       You didn’t get it, no need to try and save face, some people just miss a lot of stuff.:whistling:

No I got it but it was still the case he had a ticket home before the article was published so your ''point'' is moot...

23 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Read the web reviews on the airline brokers before hitting the button.  Gauge your risks.  

Agreed... Unless there is significant savings, it makes much more sense to go direct with the airlines. 

I made the mistake of booking a ticket though an agent a couple of years ago. 

Flights were cancelled (Qatar Airways)... It took 5 months to get a refund, Qatar Airways were the slow ones, but the Agent offered me about 80% of the refund cost claiming they had costs too. 

I wasn’t interested and got IATA involved, I was quickly refunded the full amount. 

In short - the Travel Agent still tried to ‘take some of the moment’... but the airline were still extremely slow to refund, by EU law the had a legal obligation to refund within a week... (something they never stuck to).