Brit 'dumped' in Thailand after his flight home is cancelled

webfact

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

The story just states that his flight was cancelled and he got stuck and he tried to re-schedule.

The negative excuse is coming out of your mind ????‍♂️????.

Where are you reading in my comments anything negative?

Why are you being hostile?

Is English not your first language? 

Google translate will help you.. 

If you're a mind reader you don't belong here, it's obvious this mind reading skill you have has failed otherwise you'd be another Musk. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

On 9/7/2022 at 1:12 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Scot were offering extremely low fares to the U.K , 4000 Baht from Thailand to the U.K , you cannot expect a decent service if you are paying an extremely cheap fare 

Flown Scoot twice, service was good, good planes. Better than Air Asia.

Their website is the best place to book.

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Flown Scoot twice, service was good, good planes. Better than Air Asia.

Their website is the best place to book.

I flew SCOOT premium economy on price.

I won't be flying with them again........certainly not long-haul. Budget does not work for long haul. 

Whilst the cabin crew were good - which prat thought up the name Scooties!; SCOOT  managed to screw up my food order both ways and the internet did not work. 

8 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Somewhat different, I would suggest - as was my situation when the Yellow Shirts blockaded Suvarnabhumi airport.

This guy was the victim of SCOOT booking a flight that they never intended to honour. In the current climate a refund was never going to cover inflated flight costs. He was badly treated and posted his account as a warning to others.

He wasn't all "woe is me", he didn't set up a go fund me page - he took the cost on the chin but recognised how much worse it was for a family of four in the same situation.

SCOOT are the culprit here, not the OP.

If he booked through a 3rd party its the 3rd party that pays compensation to him. 

Using a 3rd party is a mistake unless a real travel agent not a website. This is common knowledge. 

If people have never travelled before maybe ask someone who has the best way to book.

Airlines merge flights all the time if low numbers. 

1 minute ago, hotandsticky said:

I flew SCOOT premium economy on price.

I won't be flying with them again........certainly not long-haul. Budget does not work for long haul. 

Whilst the cabin crew were good - which prat thought up the name Scooties!; SCOOT  managed to screw up my food order both ways and the internet did not work. 

I dont eat plastic food. Happy to fast. Food is overpriced for such junk. 

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Somewhat different, I would suggest - as was my situation when the Yellow Shirts blockaded Suvarnabhumi airport.

This guy was the victim of SCOOT booking a flight that they never intended to honour. In the current climate a refund was never going to cover inflated flight costs. He was badly treated and posted his account as a warning to others.

He wasn't all "woe is me", he didn't set up a go fund me page - he took the cost on the chin but recognised how much worse it was for a family of four in the same situation.

Unless, everything can be turned into a positive. Then it does not matter. Better get to work! ????‍♂️

6 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

100% in agreement. That is exactly how it was.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JeffinChonburi said:

How is this even news worthy? Happens every day all over the world. I sense a Go Fund Me campaign coming.

Do you think the only thing g which constitutes news is the infrequently of an event ???

That this issue happens frequent (every day) makes it more news worthy. It shouldn’t happen at all & airlines should not be permitted to get away with such poor treatment. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/7/2022 at 4:52 AM, ChrisY1 said:

This issue in almost at the point of normal. Thousands of flights cancelled at a moments notice and refunds taking up to 3 months!

You need spare money nowadays to travel long an/or multi port flights....money to get clothes when the bag doesn't arrive...for extra flights and hotels.

When covid first hit I had a return ticket with Eva air..I had to cancel and eva said it will take up to 6 months before I would be refunded..I called Master card [used to pay] and the money was paid into my account 3 days later.

• Like 1

I just left and my flight was canceled then my re-booked flight was delayed and I missed my second transfer. No problems what so ever I got on line and the airlines booked me a flight that was almost as good as my missed transfer and my canceled flight was re-booked only hours later. Not only that they told me to contact them when I returned and they would give me compensation for my inconvenience.

Delta was the nicest and most personal assistance.   Worth the extra money IMO.

Edited by Gknrd

Be very careful Booking with Qatar they code share with BA  for UK part of flight, apart from BA planes being filhy, food  terrible and not great inflight entertainment or service BA cancel many flights  and Qatar  have no influence ,on one BA flight most of us got Food poisoning and where puking and <deleted>ting ourselves silly In Qatar airport , spent 2 days in hospital, it was nasty , upsetting embarrasing  etc  BA could not give a Toss , still waiting for compensation from BA 11 months later .

The Qatar part of  journey to LOS is good its the BA part that is rubbish ,, and BA accept no responsibility , I normally travel emirates   but due to emergency  had to get tickets on Qatar twice last year  ,

On 9/7/2022 at 1:12 PM, Mac Mickmanus said:

Scot were offering extremely low fares to the U.K , 4000 Baht from Thailand to the U.K , you cannot expect a decent service if you are paying an extremely cheap fare 

who is Scot airlines  ?    I've never seen them advertised ...