Does a health insurance policy for an Extension Of Stay have to state 60,000 baht Outpatient coverage?

Hi all, concerning health insurance requirements for an Extension Of Stay on an expiring OA retirement visa:  does a health insurance policy have to state (in addition to the 3.5 million baht inpatient coverage) 60,000 baht outpatient coverage?  

The health insurance policy that I bought states the 3.5 million baht inpatient coverage, but does not say anything about 60,000 baht outpatient coverage the policy I purchased has a 1,000,000 baht deductible.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No 

image.png.d2ecbda622b9afd6356fd9081bbff46a.png

Immigration order can be download here. 

(6.3) states that the insurance company must certify evidence of partially denying health insurance purchase, and that the retiree must have 3,000,000 in bank deposits if the insurance company partially denies purchase.

For my past two O/A retirement extensions, the LMG coverage I purchased excluded my pre-existing conditions.

Question 1.  Is exclusion of pre-existing conditions the same as partially denying health insurance purchase?

Question 2.  What is required from the insurance company to certify that they partially deny coverage, and to whom must they submit this certification?

Question 3.  Can the 3,000,000 in bank deposits be spread across multiple banks (since only 1,000,000 is insured in any one bank); and what documentation is required to prove the 3,000,000 -- passbook, statement, bank letter?

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I have great trouble understanding 6.2 especially the signature part. Can you explain what they mean?

It appears to be a certification of the proof of insurance you present to immigration that it is true and correct.

It is bit vague though in the wording. It may require a immigration office to confirm what is required.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It appears to be a certification of the proof of insurance you present to immigration that it is true and correct.

It is bit vague though in the wording. It may require a immigration office to confirm what is required.

I can't imagine that any Embassy would or could do this. ...?

28 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Some might do it if is a government pension. The US embassy might allow you to do a affidavit as a self certification of it.

A notary public can also do it and then have it certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA.

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You bet. The US Embassy is not going to certify my Tricare coverage, particularly since I can't provide them a Tricare policy (they don't issue them..) that verifies I'm covered by Tricare For Life, to include the necessary payment of Medicare premiums necessary for such coverage. So be it.

Maybe a little hope on the horizon..... The new LTR visa program allows -- if you don't have health insurance from Thailand or elsewhere -- to self-insure by showing $100,000 in a bank account, for at least 12 months, in either a Thai or foreign bank. Wow. My savings account, loaded with cashed in CDs, would answer that requirement....

... oh, never mind. That was an option developed by the BoI for their LTR plan. Little hope Imm or the Health Authorities would choose to piggyback on this requirement -- or, let alone, even know another agency even offered such a requirement...... Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 7:10 PM, miketu said:

The health insurance policy that I bought states the 3.5 million baht inpatient coverage, but does not say anything about 60,000 baht outpatient coverage the policy I purchased has a 1,000,000 baht deductible.

Sounds like LMG's policy, as they're the only ones, I believe, jumping the required policy coverage of 3M baht to a policy of 3.5M inpatient coverage. And, if this is the policy you have, then you do have a 60K baht outpatient coverage (not that it's required in the police order).

Coverage THB 3,500,000 per policy per year for Inpatient and THB 60,000 for Outpatient per policy per year

https://www.lmginsurance.co.th/long-stay-visa-plus-premium-plan-100000-usd