Queen Elizabeth II, the UK's longest-serving monarch, has died

Scott

17 hours ago, Scott said:

Prince Harry is traveling to Scotland from London, UK news agency says

From CNN's Lauren Kent

Prince Harry is traveling to Balmoral from London, according to the UK’s PA Media news agency. 

The Duke of Sussex was originally scheduled to attend the WellChild Awards in London on Thursday, which celebrates the inspirational qualities of seriously ill children and young people in the United Kingdom.

Harry canceled an appearance at the charity awards ceremony in London to fly to Scotland in the wake of fellow royals who have also travelled to Aberdeenshire, PA reported. 

He is on his way to Balmoral separately from other royals but has been in coordination with other family members' plans, a spokesperson for the Sussexes told CNN earlier on Thursday. 

What happened to her hands?

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Poor Charles, waited all his life for this, and now he may very well abdicate in favour of William. I guess we'll have to see if he actually has the ceremony or not.

It would cost a lot of money for him to become king ( bank notes, stationary etc ) and would likely be only a few years.

William is the better choice, and he's popular as well, but I always doubted it was going to change as long as she was alive.

Never thought of that ,a lot of people still remember Diana ,and Cammiler as a Royal Consort ,some people still will not accept her .

RIP our Brenda (anyone read Private Eye).

21 hours ago, James105 said:

Not really.   People (who have a lot less money than the royal family) buy tickets/accommodation in advance to travel to sporting events at the weekend and I do not see why they should lose money/lose out because a celebrity figure has passed.   The traditional way that respect is paid is a minutes silence (or applause) at the start of games and the wearing of black armbands.   I do not see why this should be any different.    

Its down to the governing bodies who run Sports from Rugby to Football. The rugby league board looked at the regulations and decided if the clubs were happy and respectful they would carry on with all this weekend's Matches and Televised games.

• Like 1