Russias 237th Guards Airborne Assault Regiment no longer exists: soldiers either dead or wounded Ukrainian Intelligence

Scott

3 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I am saddened that 9 months after the military operation started that the left still refuse to accept there are 2 sides to this(and indeed every) story. We really are doomed when arrogant chest beating squashes any desire to understand what is actually happening. There is never a situation where one country is 100% right and another 100% wrong. Propaganda is used just as much in the US as Russia. If this dogmatic stance keeps up we are heading for nuclear war and an end to life on earth. 

To help understand some background to this conflict, this article is useful.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/12/russias-belief-in-nato-betrayal-and-why-it-matters-today

Well Said

• Thanks 1

In youtube I listen to the Duran and am getting straight State talking points Also Gonzalo Lira 11 points made inside Ukraine also propaganda. Enabling cold counterpoints.

The two on the Duran now are feeling like Putin has let Russians down and in their option Putin needs to get truly offensive and react without remorse. End the bluffing.  

Edited by earlinclaifornia

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Failing invasion and subjugation of Russia by Ukraine/Western Nations (a fantasy) or ousting of Putin in favor of Russian leadership willing to accept internal arrest and prosecution of Russians for War crimes, the only Russians held accountable for war crimes will be those who are captured by Ukraine and/or its allies and prosecuted by an independent and sovereign Ukraine. 

Ironically, the threat of war crimes by Russia may motivate Putin in part to continue his Special Operations in Ukraine. Putin has said that because Russia has not declared War against Ukraine, there can be no War Crimes.

Rape, murder and torture are still crimes. War or no war.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, milesinnz said:

As far as I was aware, a great many people in Russia still support Putin, sure, it can be down to propaganda as many Germans supported Hitler at one stage. But people need to take responsibility for who they decide to support....

I'm not sure population has a choice if as news coverage shows to be anti war openly can land you in jail .If news is given in a selected manner until reality hits of course the population has a different view of who is right compared to most of the world. In the west we have freedom to get the actual facts but we get fed news as we want it look at trump either a victim or villain you choose a side and you will be bombarded with "news" to support your theory 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Dave0206 said:

I'm not sure population has a choice if as news coverage shows to be anti war openly can land you in jail .If news is given in a selected manner until reality hits of course the population has a different view of who is right compared to most of the world. In the west we have freedom to get the actual facts but we get fed news as we want it look at trump either a victim or villain you choose a side and you will be bombarded with "news" to support your theory 

Also, if I were a Russian, would I risk saying what I really believe? Would I even search out different sources of information? The consequences could be very serious.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

A regiment is brigade size. For the regiment to just disintegrate is a shocking military set back. That will mean thousands of Russia soldiers just too frightened and refused to fight and probably deserted. Contrasting morale with the Ukraine resolved to fight and Russia force to fight. Kind of like Vietnam. 

If a regiment were brigade size, wouldn't be called a brigade?

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems strange to me that ASEAN NOW has disabled the "sad Icons" for this thread! And for anyone who disagrees with the diatribe.
You can only like, give a champion point or agree............... 
What wonderful neutrality you show ASEAN  NOW

Edited by Lopchan
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I am saddened that 9 months after the military operation started that the left still refuse to accept there are 2 sides to this(and indeed every) story. We really are doomed when arrogant chest beating squashes any desire to understand what is actually happening. There is never a situation where one country is 100% right and another 100% wrong. Propaganda is used just as much in the US as Russia. If this dogmatic stance keeps up we are heading for nuclear war and an end to life on earth. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/12/russias-belief-in-nato-betrayal-and-why-it-matters-today

2 sides?  It's 3- you forgot BLM!

• Love It 1

On 9/12/2022 at 9:08 AM, SunnyinBangrak said:

Do you have your own braain?? who entered into another land, it is so simple to realise

15 hours ago, Lopchan said:

Seems strange to me that ASEAN NOW has disabled the "sad Icons" for this thread! And for anyone who disagrees with the diatribe.
You can only like, give a champion point or agree............... 
What wonderful neutrality you show ASEAN  NOW

It was bound to happen eventually, as with YouTube thumbs-down. Similar happened with Thaivisa a few years back when + and - reactions were changed to + only. On the other hand, having dislikes cheapens overall ‘reputation’ against genuine likes, if dislikes are indeed tallied. Also, some members would automatically ’sad’  or ‘laugh’ at anything other members said to the point where it all got a bit silly.

Anyway, off topic and will no doubt be deleted. 

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

If anyone wants to see a spectacular case of bad timing, they should watch this excerpt form a Tucker Carlson interview with a Colonel Douglas MacGregor. He's a regular on Carlson's show and Carlson is a big fan of his. He's also a favorite of many Trump fans who cite him as a "corrective" to the biased reports coming out of the MSM. According to MacGregor, Ukraine's armed forces are failing big time and are on the verge of a final defeat.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/tucker-carlson-ukraine-russia-guest-b2165684.html

For a longer interview you can see Judge Andrew Politano's interview with Macgregor. Start at  9 minutes into it if you don't want to see the whole thing.

Elsewhere, MacGregor has accused "rootless cosmopolitans" of being behind the decline of Russia and the current undermining of the USA. Rootless cosmopolitans was a Russian phrase for Jewish intellectuals.

Tucker Carlson & Colonel Douglas MacGregor would both do well to view whats being said on Russian State TV.

"We are now at the point where we have to realise its absolutely impossible to defeat Ukraine"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/12/2022 at 8:55 AM, anandra said:

NONSENSE, they could easily avoid it. especially those guys, they perfectly knew where they go

No they didn’t. Many had no clue where they were going; there was no choice. Similar to the other comment wishing the death of all Russians on the actions of the few. What are you guys smoking? It is good news that the 237th has been taken apart and we all hope Ukraine prevails, but all Russian soldiers or all Russians aren’t to blame; the buck stops with one unhinged, arrogant lunatic!

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Tucker Carlson & Colonel Douglas MacGregor would both do well to view whats being said on Russian State TV.

"We are now at the point where we have to realise its absolutely impossible to defeat Ukraine"

It was actually more sinister than that though.  The full quote is

"People who convinced President Putin that the operation will be fast and effective … these people really set up all of us," Boris Nadezhdin, a former parliament member, said on a talk show on NTV television. "We're now at the point where we have to understand that it's absolutely impossible to defeat Ukraine using these resources and colonial war methods."

To me, the implication is that they will move on to using other "methods".

Ukraine reclaims more territory, reports capturing many Russian soldiers | CBC News

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

It was actually more sinister than that though.  The full quote is

"People who convinced President Putin that the operation will be fast and effective … these people really set up all of us," Boris Nadezhdin, a former parliament member, said on a talk show on NTV television. "We're now at the point where we have to understand that it's absolutely impossible to defeat Ukraine using these resources and colonial war methods."

To me, the implication is that they will move on to using other "methods".

Ukraine reclaims more territory, reports capturing many Russian soldiers | CBC News

If we can't take it lets break it, that's basically what the evil witch Margarita Simonyan, head of RT news said yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMyfgo0EojQ

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1