North Korea declares itself a nuclear weapons state, in 'irreversible' move

Scott

Hwasong-12.

(CNN)North Korea has passed a new law declaring itself a nuclear weapons state in a move leader Kim Jong Un says is "irreversible."

Kim vowed the country would "never give up" its nuclear weapons and said there could be no negotiations on denuclearization as he hailed the passage of the law, North Korean state media reported Friday.

The new law also enshrines Pyongyang's right to use preemptive nuclear strikes to protect itself -- updating a previous stance under which it had said it would keep its weapons only until other countries denuclearized and would not use them preemptively against non-nuclear states.

CNN.jpg
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

That laughter reaction would sure come in useful right now.

Nothing funny whatsoever seeing the normalized relations with NK under mister art of the deal himself DJT now in tatters. It was, as we remember pre Trump a totally impossible task to have a relationship with NK, which Trump managed to do. This is an epic failure of the biden administration to allow the relationship to fail so spectacularly and now look what has happened.

A nuclear armed NK is a major danger to world peace. As is anarchy in Afghanistan. These failures all mounting, what a complete mess these people are making. Nuclear NK, chaos in Afghanistan, southern border fiasco, inflation, energy crisis, proxy war with Russia, spending billions in Ukraine, censorship of biden's misdeeds shredding trust in media, open talk of civil war, persecuting Trump by weaponized justice agencies, it's a complete and utter mess.

Let's hope the adults get a foothold in November and work to undo all of this incompetent administration's messes. Until then, I am not laughing like you.

• Love It 1

11 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Let's hope the adults get a foothold in November

I share much of your reproach about the Biden's administration, a shame indeed. But if you are implying that Trump was better, or a return to Trump would improve things, then I disagreee. Think of the mess he did with Iran. As for NK, Trump and Kim looked like enthusiastic buddies at first, but things cooled off after that. The thing is, the real foreign policy maker in the US is the Army and the weapons market, not much that any President can do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Nothing funny whatsoever seeing the normalized relations with NK under mister art of the deal himself DJT now in tatters. It was, as we remember pre Trump a totally impossible task to have a relationship with NK, which Trump managed to do. This is an epic failure of the biden administration to allow the relationship to fail so spectacularly and now look what has happened.

A nuclear armed NK is a major danger to world peace. As is anarchy in Afghanistan. These failures all mounting, what a complete mess these people are making. Nuclear NK, chaos in Afghanistan, southern border fiasco, inflation, energy crisis, proxy war with Russia, spending billions in Ukraine, censorship of biden's misdeeds shredding trust in media, open talk of civil war, persecuting Trump by weaponized justice agencies, it's a complete and utter mess.

Let's hope the adults get a foothold in November and work to undo all of this incompetent administration's messes. Until then, I am not laughing like you.

Triggered much? in fact, Trump's effort, such as it was, ended in miserable failure before he left office.

4 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Complete nonsense.  There was no "normalized relations" between the US and NK under Trump.  Trump accomplished NOTHING with N. Korea in four years.  NK was already a nuclear power when Biden took over.  As for all of your other comments....almost nothing there resembles truth.  Your propaganda might work in the right wing echo chambers, but not in the real world. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Complete nonsense.  There was no "normalized relations" between the US and NK under Trump.  Trump accomplished NOTHING with N. Korea in four years.  NK was already a nuclear power when Biden took over.  As for all of your other comments....almost nothing there resembles truth.  Your propaganda might work in the right wing echo chambers, but not in the real world. 

What people wish is the case, and what is factual reality are often different. Everything in my post was factual as I see events. As a little debunking of your BOLD false facts, allow me to post a link. You may have missed this event as from memory weren't the left all taking victory laps because Trump will be in prison tomorrow for having cheated in an election by colluding with Vlad Putin(another false narrative btw)? Seems the short lived celebrations left no time to witness real statesmen making history.

"This has a lot of significance because it means that we want to bring an end to the unpleasant past and try to create a new future,” Mr. Kim told reporters. “So it’s a very courageous and determined act.”

“Stepping across that line was a great honor,” Mr. Trump replied. “A lot of progress has been made, a lot of friendships have been made, and this has been in particular a great friendship.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/30/world/asia/trump-north-korea-dmz.html

I have no doubt if Trump was still POTUS, North Korea and the US(and by proxy the rest of the liberal world order) would have good relations. Humanitarian efforts would be underway to feed the NK people. The world would be a hugely different place, for the better. Trump may have been rotund in girth, he may have had an orange hue, he may have fired from the hip on twitter without running it through the PR dept first, he may have once held a glass with 2 hands, he may have - shock horror gasp - walked down a slippery ramp with care, but he was a strong negotiator and was in control mentally. Not perfect, but a million times better than the mess that replaced him.

Edited by SunnyinBangrak

5 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Nothing funny whatsoever seeing the normalized relations with NK under mister art of the deal himself DJT now in tatters

Is there no end to the lies and hero worship given to the orange clown, and it made me smile to read this post about the supposed writer of, "The Art of the Deal", trump, because he didn't actually write it. Not only that, he has a whole swathe of failed and bankrupt businesses behind him, making a complete mockery of any "art of the deal" that he thinks he had!

Trumpies, read and learn: Last June, as dusk fell outside Tony Schwartz’s sprawling house, on a leafy back road in Riverdale, New York, he pulled out his laptop and caught up with the day’s big news: Donald J. Trump had declared his candidacy for President. As Schwartz watched a video of the speech, he began to feel personally implicated.

Trump, facing a crowd that had gathered in the lobby of Trump Tower, on Fifth Avenue, laid out his qualifications, saying, “We need a leader that wrote ‘The Art of the Deal.’ ” If that was so, Schwartz thought, then he, not Trump, should be running. Schwartz dashed off a tweet: “Many thanks Donald Trump for suggesting I run for President, based on the fact that I wrote ‘The Art of the Deal.’ ”

And indeed Tony Schwartz did write the book with very little, if minuscule input from the orange clown.

Why let the truth get in the way of a trump fallacy/lie?

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 1