16-year-old Thai-British teen flees house by leaping off second floor balcony

snoop1130

30 minutes ago, Seeall said:
20 hours ago, Myran said:

"16-year-old Thai-British teen flees house by leaping off second floor balcony"

You can probably mention in the headline that the place was on fire. Kind of important point (far more important than his exact age, in fact).

Expand  

Quality reporting.....

No, quality headline re-writing, the actual article did state that he was escaping a fire.

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, quality headline re-writing, the actual article did state that he was escaping a fire.

Doesn't matter if the article states it, the headline should accurately reflect what has happened. "16-year-old teen" is completely redundant, as all 16-year-olds are teens. Him escaping a fire is, however, not redundant.

"Thai-British teen flees house fire by leaping off second floor balcony" would've been the correct headline.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2022 at 6:43 AM, AsianAtHeart said:

Cause of the fire? Condition of the teen?  Any other occupants or neighbors affected? Final damages--only that sofa?

Many questions remain after reading this.

He was toking a newly legal dooby & passed out. Seems obvious.

I got chased out of my girlfriend's 2nd story room once by her father, which is what I figured this was about.

No biggie, just par for course at that age. Gotta jump, then JUMP!

18 hours ago, Myran said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Doesn't matter if the article states it, the headline should accurately reflect what has happened.

Better complain to the "News Team", then, they're the ones who altered it from the original (linked) which was accurate.   

Edited by Liverpool Lou

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Better complain to the "News Team", then, they're the ones who altered it from the original (linked) which was accurate.   

That's what I was doing... Notice how we are commenting on Asean Now, rather than the website of the linked article?

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The linked website's headline was accurate, that's why we're not commenting on its headline.

Are you having a stroke or something?

The headline on this website left out important information while including pointless information. Period. That's it. What the original headline says on another site doesn't apply for people reading the article here.