Having friends stay at my home , questions about TM 30

22 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Technically, legally, you are suppose to ... BUT ... as pointed out, nobody really cares, unless they are the 'criminal' element type.  And only if they are 'on the run'  ????

IF, in the extreme, someone 'official' should question it, then 'they just arrived' as you have 24 hrs to do the TM30.

I've never bothered to do with out of country visitors.

So if a guy owns his condo in Pattaya and he pulls a Russian or African FL from the WS and takes her home for a LT. Then technically he's supposed to go to immigration and do a TM30 because he has an alien staying the night at his residence. Honestly, the mind boggles at times here in Toyland. ????

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, grain said:

So if a guy owns his condo in Pattaya and he pulls a Russian or African FL from the WS and takes her home for a LT. Then technically he's supposed to go to immigration and do a TM30 because he has an alien staying the night at his residence. Honestly, the mind boggles at times here in Toyland. ????

Wrong.

No need for a TM 30 if the ladies (or men - I am not sure what FL, WS or LT mean) are registered in the same province.

The immigration law, as I understand it, is that all visitors from outside of the province should register their stay.

As some have written - no one really cares if you do not do it -  until something goes wrong.

Then, there could be problems.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Wrong.

No need for a TM 30 if the ladies (or men - I am not sure what FL, WS or LT mean) are registered in the same province.

The immigration law, as I understand it, is that all visitors from outside of the province should register their stay.

As some have written - no one really cares if you do not do it -  until something goes wrong.

Then, there could be problems.

Freelancer

Walking Street

Long Time

• Like 1

So then one needs to check the ID, not only to verify age, but to make sure they are the gender you prefer (IF it mattered, or, were you really that drunk), but to ensure they reside in same province ????

Life is so complicated

Edited by KhunLA

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

If they are never going to need to interact with immigration, I wouldn't bother with the TM30, you're not a hotel.

Over the years we've had friends and family stay with us and never done any paperwork. No issues whatever.

Simply put = if not check in to ANYWHERE (hotel, whatever) where the host will report your TM30 then there is not record.... perhaps you slept in the bar?  beach? tree?  wherever...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeall said:

Simply put = if not check in to ANYWHERE (hotel, whatever) where the host will report your TM30 then there is not record.... perhaps you slept in the bar?  beach? tree?  wherever...

Yup, without the TM6 there's no record of where you are staying. Nobody checks.

Even if you stay a few nights in a hotel and they do send a TM30 there's no actual check that your whole stay is covered by such forms.

It's really totally pointless.

3 hours ago, grain said:

To even come up with that scenario and post it boggles my mind. 

• Haha 1