Question about TM30 and retirement visa

Today CW immigration required a TM30 as well as a one year statement from the bank for my retirement visa, which they never did before

Q1 : is it just me ?

Q2 : I never did a TM30 before and rental contract is in the name of my wife, can I solve that by providing copy of her id card and thai marriage paper with the TM30 form ?

Q3 : I feel that this might lead me past the expiration date of my visa. Does someone have an experience of extending his/her visa after the expiration date, like a few days after, due to extra documents required ?

Thanks in advance for the bad news or the good news

15 minutes ago, MrNatural said:

Today CW immigration required a TM30 as well as a one year statement from the bank for my retirement visa, which they never did before

You are referring to 12 month extension and seems not your first as you mention previously they did not require TM30.

Was this asked at doc check or by the io at L desk?

With regards one year bank statement...are you using income method or money in the bank method.

If income method, a 12 month bank statement would be normal. 

You mention Wife.

You could obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife to give you more time. 

Applying few days after permit expires should not a problem.

You would pay whatever overstay.

Best to avoid that. 

As I mentioned extension to visit wife an option.

You are aware that you can apply for extension at CW 45 days prior to expiry.

Remember for next time.  

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrNatural said:

Q2 : I never did a TM30 before and rental contract is in the name of my wife, can I solve that by providing copy of her id card and thai marriage paper with the TM30 form ?

You wife could do the TM30 report as the possessor of your residence. A copy of the rental agreement with her name on it and a copy of her ID card signed by her attached to it.

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies. Yes I should have gone before, my mistake but it was quite easy the previous (>10) years.

TM30 was asked at L desk. With rental contract in my wife's name, I am not sure about the outcome. I will try TM30 with her name on it, I read this somewhere else so I hope it works 

One year statement was required though I use the bank method. Always provided the 100 THB paper from the bank.

Maybe I met the wrong officer at the wrong time.

Edited by MrNatural

5 minutes ago, MrNatural said:

One year statement was required though I use the bank method.

If using money in bank method the 12 month bank statement should not be required unless you are also using that account as your everyday banking account and as a result some transactions can be consolidated. 

If it's a dedicated bank account for immigration purposes then photocopies of your bank book ages should have been accepted.

• Like 1

Here is what happened. I had a new passport this year, when I went to the bank yesterday, I asked them to enter the new passport number in my (dedicated, no transactions over the years) account. What I did not know is that they had to make a new bank book. So I had this book with only one line on it. This might be the reason. I had the old book with me at the immigration but the officer was not interested  to see it once she had made her requirements.

Edited by MrNatural

30 minutes ago, MrNatural said:

I had the old book with me at the immigration but the officer was not interested  to see it once she had made her requirements.

You have raised a concern.

If indeed this was the reason for requiring bank statements then that could be an issue for many. 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If using money in bank method the 12 month bank statement should not be required unless you are also using that account as your everyday banking account and as a result some transactions can be consolidated. 

If it's a dedicated bank account for immigration purposes then photocopies of your bank book ages should have been accepted.

The 1 year mark statement for all 3 methods is completely understandable given that it is a retirement extension as you need 1 year of transfers and or proof that you have maintained the requirements for bank balances throughout the year.

It is only not a requirement for a marriage extension if using money in the bank.

Also some offices will not accept photocopies of your bank book pages without a supporting bank statement.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Also some offices will not accept photocopies of your bank book pages without a supporting bank statement.

The OP, is CW specific.

With a dedicated bank account using money in bank method a bank statement is not required. 

Avoid quoting me it's tiring. 

The OP has already mentioned that obtaining new passport and subsequent new bankbook may have caused the issue for the io

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The 1 year mark statement for all 3 methods is completely understandable given that it is a retirement extension as you need 1 year of transfers and or proof that you have maintained the requirements for bank balances throughout the year

I use money in bank method for extensions based on retirement and deal with CW.

Bank Book photocopies acceptable to show financial requirements have been met. 

Along with bank letter to show you are the owner of the account and balance on day letter issued. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 12:05 PM, MrNatural said:

One year statement was required though I use the bank method. Always provided the 100 THB paper from the bank.

Maybe I met the wrong officer at the wrong time.

For retirement extensions at BKK CW...

for those applying on the basis of Thai bank deposits, USUALLY, BKK CW will be satisfied by inspecting your bank passbook AND you providing them with signed photocopies of your passbook covering the past 12 month period prior to your application -- which shows you met their 400K and 800K balance requirements.

They DO NOT usually require a formal 12-month statement issed by the bank... as long as you have the bank-issued letter certifying the current balance of your account.

On 9/15/2022 at 11:25 AM, MrNatural said:

Today CW immigration required a TM30

BKK CW seems to run hot and cold on the issue of providing a copy of one's TM30 form as part of retirement extension renewals paperwork.

Two years ago, to my surprise, they wanted a copy of mine, which fortunately I had. One year ago, they didn't ask and didn't care.

Wonder what they'll say when I go back again there later this week for my annual visit.

FWIW, I had to go to BKK CW last week in order to get my stamps transferred to a newly issued passport.

As part of that process, much to my surprise, the IO there required me to do TWO things that normally are only required for new extensions -- provide photocopies of my bank passbook pages covering the past year, and update my bank passbook that day to show the current balance.

I don't think they ever required that bank stuff last time I got a new passport 10 years ago. But last week, at BKK CW, I checked with a supervisor, and she confirmed that the bank book update and bank passbook photocopies now are going to be standard requirements anytime any of us with extensions based on Thai bank deposits are doing ANY business with the L section there.... (and that includes merely having stamps transferred to a new passport).

PS - In my visit last week, I had TWO bank passbooks, a full one that ended a few months back, and a new one covering the past couple months. And the IO who handled my stuff wasn't troubled by the notion of my having two bank passbooks for the same account, each covering a part of the year. Nor did they require a bank issued 12 month statement, and were fine with my photocopies of the pages from both books.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK