Latest requirements to extend Non-OA visa

1. A visa cannot be extended. Your entry from a OA visa can be extended of stay based upon retirement.

2. You will need insurance coverage of $100,000 or 3.5 million baht to apply for the extension. Companies offering the insurance is here. 

Download this file for the latest requirements for the extension  RTP-Order-No.654-2564-1.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. A visa cannot be extended. Your entry from a OA visa can be extended of stay based upon retirement.

2. You will need insurance coverage of $100,000 or 3.5 million baht to apply for the extension. Companies offering the insurance is here. 

Download this file for the latest requirements for the extension  RTP-Order-No.654-2564-1.pdf

I heart that at least 2 months prior to the filling date has been changed to at least 3 months prior to the filling date (for no less than 800,000THB in Thai Bank). 
Is it correct?

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

I heart that at least 2 months prior to the filling date has been changed to at least 3 months prior to the filling date (for no less than 800,000THB in Thai Bank). 
Is it correct?

Thank you.

No.

Two months prior to obtaining extension and maintained for 3 months post application. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

Kindly see my attachment.
I have to do extension quite soon.

Which immigration office are you dealing with? 

That attachment you posted is incorrect, however i believe there are one or two "middle ages" immigration offices still believe that it's 3 months prior.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office are you dealing with? 

That attachment you posted is incorrect, however i believe there are one or two "middle ages" immigration offices still believe that it's 3 months prior.

CW because I live in Sukhumvit area.
Kindly advise? 

Thanks 

9 minutes ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

Is this requirements (2 months prior to application) latest? 
Kindly see my attachment.
I have to do extension quite soon.

This from the police order that issued in December of last that I posted a link to for a download of it.

image.png.666df5134a163f1cf9c7f0bb3a23a3ac.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

CW because I live in Sukhumvit area

Funds in bank account 800k+ for TWO months prior to application and maintained for 3 months after application and at other times not less than 400k.

Assuming this is not your first extension the immigration officer will check your bank account back to previous extension.

Will look for 800k maintained for 3 mo ths from date of last application then not below 400k and back up to 800k two months prior to day you apply for extension 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Interesting to note under 6.2 allowance of foreign purchased insurance with certain conditions. 

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I just picked up my passport from IO today for OA extension of stay. The insurance certificate provided stated the „old“ 40/400k THB coverage and was accepted. The new rule for will only come into effect from 1 October.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need insurance coverage of $100,000 or 3.5 million baht to apply for the extension. Companies offering the insurance is here. 

This is hugely confusing for me to comprehend.

The latest requirements for the extension which you posted, state "100,000 USD or 3,000,000 baht".  The figure is mentioned in paragraph 6 of the Police Order:  "3,000,000".

For those, like me, who must self-insure because the insurance company partially or totally denies coverage, the amount required to be on deposit in Thai banks is 3,000,000 baht according to paragraph 6.3 of the Police Order.

I cannot find any mention of 3,500,000 baht in the Police Order.  If the Police Order truly dictates the requirements for the extension, then the requirement is 3,000,000 baht -- not 3,500,000 baht.

1 hour ago, Taccos said:

I just picked up my passport from IO today for OA extension of stay. The insurance certificate provided stated the „old“ 40/400k THB coverage and was accepted. The new rule for will only come into effect from 1 October.

Thanks, which immigration office did you use? Because from what I read, 3000000 Thb insurance is required from September... Thank you, sorry. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

For 3 million Baht coverage:

How much is a premium like?

Which insurance compony is cheapest?

I will have to extend my stay around November 2022.

Do I have to cover 3,000,000 Baht?

If you do not but a policy from one of the Thai Insurance carriers which covers the minimum requirements you will need to show 100K USD in the bank.  Cheap is in the eyes of the policy type you choose and then the deductible.  I have a policy through PCH which is an optima plan and I just renewed for 56k for the year.  Of course that's a 20 MThb policy, with a 100K Thb deductible, and a 20% no claims discount as I have been with them for many years already, and of course I am only 57.  

Edited by ThailandRyan

On 9/16/2022 at 9:52 AM, DrJack54 said:

OP, if you are living in Thailand and your current extension is ending you could consider exit Thailand reenter visa exempt and start over with a non O based on retirement.

The non O and subsequent extensions do not require insurance.

Can you advise the detail requirements for non-O based on retirement, how can I apply and how long does it take to get it?
By the way, if there is reliable agents, can you recommend? 

Thank you and have a nice day.

15 minutes ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

Can you advise the detail requirements for non-O based on retirement, how can I apply and how long does it take to get it?
By the way, if there is reliable agents, can you recommend? 

Thank you and have a nice day.

From a tourist visa or visa exempt entry you can go to immigration in Thailand and with 800k in your Thai bank on day of application you can obtain a non O retirement.

That visa gives a 90 day stamp.

In the last 30 days apply for 12 month extension.

Regarding use of agent.

Depends what you require from agent.

What is your location. 

Edit: just read back in thread. You are in Bangkok.

You could discuss your options with ThaivisaCenter.

In Sukhumvit you could chat with Bangkok Buddy (Tanya) 

If you are providing your own funds you can do it yourself.

Not difficult. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Lim Yuan Hai said:

For 3 million Baht coverage:

How much is a premium like?

Which insurance compony is cheapest?

I will have to extend my stay around November 2022.

Do I have to cover 3,000,000 Baht?

LMG appears to be the cheapest. The insurance is virtually worthless, if you go with the 1M baht deductible, which is per procedure, as I read it. But, it does satisfy the OA extension health requirement, which is all I want, as I have home country health insurance that gives me full coverage. 

Here's the latest link, with an interesting update: You can get a policy up to and including age 80 (renewable until age 100). The cutoff age used to be age 75.

https://www.lmginsurance.co.th/en/long-stay-visa-plus-premium-plan-100000-usd

And looking at the at the premium tables, which are the same as their older representation, I can renew through age 80 at 36,700 baht. The older table had my renewable premiums, after age 75, at 68,500 baht. Thus, a little less ridiculous price for a worthless policy.

I believe LMG is the only one holding out a "3.5M baht" policy, when the police order only calls for a 3.0M baht policy. Why? Maybe they were hedging against an appreciating dollar, as the police order seems pretty emphatic about a $100,000 USD face value. Anyway, they under estimated.... But, I'm sure Thai health policies written in baht are the only sensible way to go. So a 3M policy, or a 3.5M LMG policy, should be entirely acceptable by Immigration.

Lim, yes you'll need to cover the 3M requirement when you extend in November -- unless another police order comes out before then (doubtful). LMG requires no physical and will write a policy with as many preexisting conditions as you feel like declaring. It really is a joke, but it checks the OA health square.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pablo el sueco said:

For those, like me, who must self-insure because the insurance company partially or totally denies coverage,

I recall your post from another thread, and I believe the police order's mention of "partial denial" of insurance policy doesn't really apply to pre-existing conditions. Not sure what it applies to, but most (all?) insurance companies will write policies, excluding pre-existing conditions. But, with such a policy to wave at Immigration, you will have met their requirement for a TGIA policy needed to extend off of an OA visa. They're certainly not going to say, "You must show $100,000 self insurance in the bank to cover your pre-existing diabetes."

Thus, the "partial denial," whatever the Thai translation, is just a confusion factor. Christ, my LMG policy has a pre-existing condition of terminal pancreatic cancer. Heck, just another exclusion line item in my policy (joke).

53 minutes ago, JimGant said:

I believe the police order's mention of "partial denial" of insurance policy doesn't really apply to pre-existing conditions. Not sure what it applies to, but most (all?) insurance companies will write policies, excluding pre-existing conditions.

Yes, I agree with you that insurance companies write policies which exclude pre-existing conditions.  LMG excludes certain pre-existing conditions from my policy, and documents those exclusions in their policy offering.  If I reject the exclusions, the policy offering is rescinded.  Thus, I believe LMG denies me full coverage and offers me only partial coverage.  I don't know how else to interpret the terminology used in the police order -- it seems crystal clear to me despite the fact that sub-paragraph 6.3 is a massively overwrought run-on sentence.

My hope is that my IO will interpret the police order as I do.  I shall present the policy's documentation of my exclusions to my IO and ask whether I shall be permitted to self-insure using deposits of 3 million baht in the bank.   Like you, JimGant, I have ample global insurance coverage as a benefit of my pension plan.  When I came to Thailand 16 years ago, my US-based health coverage was in place.  I do not want to throw any more money away on worthless insurance like I did for the past two years; the new police order, I believe, gives me an out.

By the way, I have been extremely worried about having two policies in effect -- I am concerned whether each insurer will tell me that the other insurer has to pay.  ????

40 minutes ago, pablo el sueco said:

If I reject the exclusions, the policy offering is rescinded.  Thus, I believe LMG denies me full coverage and offers me only partial coverage.

Don't quite follow...... If you reject the exclusions, LMG rejects your application in total. Thus, you get a rejection letter from LMG to show to Imm, to thus enable you to self insure. Right?

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

Don't quite follow...... If you reject the exclusions, LMG rejects your application in total. Thus, you get a rejection letter from LMG to show to Imm, to thus enable you to self insure. Right?

You may be right.  I'll have to see what Imm. requires.

Imm. may simply accept the insurance company's statement of exclusions as proof that I should be allowed to self-insure (self-insurance might be preferred in lieu of a policy with exclusions because it assures full coverage more reliably).  To my mind, this is the unstated essence of the police order's provison for self-insurance -- reliable total coverage.

Or, as you surmised, Imm. may require me to reject the exclusions outright; receive a rejection letter; and then be permitted to self-insure.

There is at least one other outcome:  My IO might be a rogue office that will just ignore the provisions of subparagraph 6.3 of the police order.

My window for extending my stay opens up in two weeks on October 3.  I hope to visit Imm. before that to get full details on how my IO plans to interpret the new rules for self-insuring.  Wish me luck, please.

On 9/16/2022 at 5:26 PM, ubonjoe said:

The immigration order states October 1st.

My extension is due late October (CW) but technically I could go and do it now, up to 45 days early. 

If I were to go before the end of this month would they accept the lower 400k cover? I'm assuming not, and they will go by the actual date of extension in my passport and want to see the new higher amount.