Latest requirements to extend Non-OA visa

5 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

My extension is due late October (CW) but technically I could go and do it now, up to 45 days early. 

If I were to go before the end of this month would they accept the lower 400k cover? I'm assuming not, and they will go by the actual date of extension in my passport and want to see the new higher amount. 

It is set by the day your current extension ends not the day you apply for a new one. You will have to have proof of the new insurance requirements,

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2022 at 8:05 PM, JimGant said:

Let us know how it goes...

I went to my immigration office today to inquire about the self-insurance provision of the Police Order, and here's how it went.  Communication was through an interpreter who accompanied me.  I was told that in order to self-insure, one must

• reject the insurance policy due to its exclusions (this rejection will elicit a denial letter from the insurance company);
  • receive the denial letter from the insurance company -- this letter must be an original hardcopy letter, not an electronic scan of an e-mail, not a printed PDF document, and not a photocopy;
  • have bank deposits totalling 3 million baht for at least 2 months prior to extension application.

When applying for the extension of stay with the self-insurance provision, one must submit

• the original insurance denial letter;
  • a copy of the bank passbook showing a balance of at least 3 million baht for 2 months;
  • a bank statement confirming 3 million baht on deposit for 2 months;
  • a bank letter certifying 3 million baht on deposit for 2 months.

It's not a problem for the funds to be in more than one bank, however, the funds to self-insure (3 million) absolutely may not be in the same bank account as the funds for the extension of stay (800,000).   This wrinkle surprised me as it is not mentioned in the Police Order.  The reason I was given was a bit of a stretch:  because the bank letter and bank statement confirming the funds would be too confusing for the immigration officer to interpret.

Since, in my case, funds for self-insurance and extension of stay occur together in one of my accounts, I shall not be allowed to self-insure -- at least that is the ruling of my immigration office.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Could you just renew your old 40/400 policy to a 3.5M/60K policy, i.e., you didn't need to fill out a new application form, since this really is a new policy vs a renewal?

The process I went through yesterday, to convert to the 3.5M policy, consisted of these steps:

1. I signed the Change of Coverage form, on which I selected 3.5 M Limit, Plan 3 (100,000) deductible;
  2. I signed the Renewal Notice form, renewing the policy I've had for the past 2 years;
  3. I paid the premium of 36,700 baht;
  4. I submitted the Change of Coverage form, the Renewal Notice form, a copy of my passport, and the payment receipt via e-mail to the insurance company;
  5. I received a response from the insurance company stating they will send a Health Certificate, and an E-Policy within 2 working days by e-mail; and they will send a Health Care Card by snail mail within 15 working days.

After I receive the Health Certificate and E-Policy, I will query the insurance company whether they have updated the TGIA database with the new information so I can process my extension through Immigration.

Edited by pablo el sueco
correct mis-spellling
  • Thanks 1