Using Visa Exempts - Does this plan seem viable?

My understanding from information on this forum is that two visa exempt entries are allowed per calendar year if by land border crossing.

Ignoring extensions or any other visa options, would the following be viable:

Calendar year 2022 - Two Visa exempts

1. Arrive Thailand Visa exempt 24th Sep 2022

2. Leave Thailand (30 days later) 24th Oct 2022

3. Arrive Thailand Visa exempt 16th Nov 2022

4. Leave Thailand (42 days later) 27th Dec 2022

Calendar year 2023 - Two Visa exempts

1. Arrive Thailand Visa exempt 2nd Jan 2023

2. Leave Thailand (45 days later) 16th Feb 2023

3. Arrive Thailand Visa exempt 18th Feb 2023

4. Leave Thailand and Return to home country (30 days later) 20th Mar 2023

Edited by spambot

11 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

The plan fails at the first hurdle.

You will be stamped in for 30 days. -  45 day visa exempt does not start until 1 October.

That is very good point Hotandsticky - Hence I have made correction to the dates in order to reflect this

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The first visa exempt entry on your list will only be for 30 days, The 45 days start on October 1st.

You did not include the 30 day extension you can get for each entry.

Thanks Joe - I have particular reasons not wanting to get extensions on the 30 days. I have changed the dates to reflect the fact that I will arrive receiving the first exempt for only 30 days.

It this now viable?

9 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Is the 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year, is this only applicable to land crossings or applies to air arrivals too?

2 visa exempt per calendar year is for land border entries.

Visa exempt via air is unlimited but in reality not feasible 

53 minutes ago, spambot said:

My understanding from information on this forum is that two visa exempt entries are allowed per calendar year if by land border crossing.

Thinking I posted this exact formula to you in another thread.

Which part do you find confusing.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spambot said:
  • Arrive Thailand Visa exempt 24th Sep 2022

• Leave Thailand (30 days later) 24th Oct 2022

that's 31 days including arrival date, not 30. 

1 hour ago, spambot said:
  • Arrive Thailand Visa exempt 2nd Jan 2023

• Leave Thailand (45 days later) 16th Feb 2023

also out by one day, that's 46 days incl. arrival date not 45

2 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

that's 31 days including arrival date, not 30. 

also out by one day, that's 46 days incl. arrival date not 45

Thanks Lemsta69 - However its really not that important this consideration since these dates are about the general principle of using Visa exempt in this general area of time, changes of a single day is very easy to incorporate in a trip I have not yet made and currently simply planning.

Just now, spambot said:

Thanks Lemsta69 - However its really not that important this consideration since these dates are about the general principle of using Visa exempt in this general area of time, changes of a single day is very easy to incorporate in a trip I have not yet made and currently simply planning.

OK no worries, enjoy your trip ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spambot said:

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thinking I posted this exact formula to you in another thread.

Which part do you find confusing.

Indeed you did provide information that two visa exempts were allowed per calendar year and I found none of that information confusing, but rather I found it very useful.

My concern was supplementary to this information, in that because this is Thailand and nothing is straight forward someone might have information that went something like.... "Yes in theory two visa exempts are permitted, but since you are doing them so close together, then this might be a problem".

I am not sure why this would be considered confusing.

22 minutes ago, spambot said:

What's the point of this thread, you don't listen to anyone's advise 

Didn't the username Spambot give the Mods a hint...

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2022 at 5:43 PM, spambot said:

My concern was supplementary to this information, in that because this is Thailand and nothing is straight forward someone might have information that went something like.... "Yes in theory two visa exempts are permitted, but since you are doing them so close together, then this might be a problem".

The principal (having amended the actual times to account for the immigration counting being 1 day less than you note) is totally OK, but only if you haven’t been in and out of Thailand a lot.

Immigration officers are quite prone to looking a numerous entries and deciding that people are “abusing” the system, even though you are within the rules, and giving you a hard time, giving a short (7 day) entry or even refusing entry.

Having raised this spectre if these will be your first visits to this wonderful country and you avoid Poipet/Aranyaprathet you will have no problem, even less (and probably cheaper) if you fly.