I am applying for visa online but have few questions

10 minutes ago, fotunate said:

I am considering using visa exempt with extension and a short trip to Vietnam for another visa exempt or getting longer term visa on evisa site and not sure which would be more convenient?

To a certain extent depends on your recent history of stays in Thailand.

Regarding the need for onward flight for visa exempt travel to Thailand you could ask the airline directly.

Re your idea of trip to Vietnam and return to thailand visa exempt an important aspect would be how long you stay in Vietnam. 

For the evisa to obtain tourist visa I suggest obtaining a tourist visa at Vietnamese Thai consulate or embassy.

Saigon consulate is easy/helpful and overnight process.

I flew from Phuket August to KL  stayed three days. Returned without visa.

Not vaccinated is another story. Travel agent created a fake ticket out of Thailand after 30 days.

no one asked for fake ticket. I entered visa exempt said on holiday. Live in Thailand! Important to go to immigration they noted my address and particulars.

I applied for non immigrant non O visa now have. October apply extension retirement. Australian 78 yo

• Haha 1

I’m from Canada and before covid I always came to Thailand for six months using a METV. I had a return ticket for the end of my six month stay. Every two months (60 days) I took a short trip out of the country. I think I got an extension maybe once. I never had any of the problems being written about here.

I plan to return again mid Oct. I’ve started the online application process (not completed yet) and I do see they ask for more information - bank statement, copy of passport pages for one year, photo of me holding passport. It will only have been 3 months since I left Thailand on my previous trip.

I’m trying to calculate how to stretch it to 9 months. My previous METV was good for a period of 6 months (enter Thailand within that time frame) so  … 60 days+30 day,  60 days+exit and return,  60 days+30 day. That leaves me a month short so exit and return visa exempt.

Does this sound possible? Thanks!

10 hours ago, parafareno said:

How do I know this is true and it will work?

Parafareno, UbonJoe is the undisputed ultimate source of knowledge on all things to do with Thai Visas, etc.

If he says it will work, it will.  And I surely concur. 

What he is suggesting is exactly what the law allows, so please don't bother with the e-visa (if it is a bother to you) and just waltz in to Thailand and get stamped with your 45 days visa exempt anytime after October 1st.

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The onward flight is for airline at departure. 

Possibly not required.

You need to have it within 30 days (yes I'm aware visa exempt changes to 45 from Oct 1) 

For the onward flight you can use "rent a ticket" 

Buy a throw away ticket.

Or buy a flexible return flight with changeable date.

Since you know you are flying with Emirates you could check with them their policy in regards to onward flight requirements.

Some airlines allow you to sign a waiver 

Buy a throw away ticket.

i dont understand this. Rent a ticket. Where to buy this?

Also can i have a separate ticket lets say BKK to vietnam after 30 days of my arrival and show this one to airline company and also at immigration if they ask me?

15 hours ago, parafareno said:

I called EMirates. They assured me they will not ask me for my ticket if I come wtih exempt. So I can have a 6 months ticket. But I am afraid of the immigration Senior grumpy older woman that stops me almost every time and I have to show return ticket to her. So she can deny my entry if I have 6 month ticket. 

I think I will buy 1 month extendable ticket and then extend it before 1 month runs out.

I really do not want to get stuck at the BKK border...They questioned me the last time why I did return after 3 months and took me to some table and asked me questions etc....Luckily I was allowed to enter. this way just 1 month before covid hit thailand. 

Thats why I fly Business, no grumpy Immigration folks in Fast Track Lane.........Peace

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, parafareno said:

Buy a throw away ticket.

i dont understand this. Rent a ticket. Where to buy this?

Also can i have a separate ticket lets say BKK to vietnam after 30 days of my arrival and show this one to airline company and also at immigration if they ask me?

The onward ticket is within 30 days.

Where to buy ..just Google "onward flights" you will see  various companies. Cost approx 15usd.

"Throw away ticket" means cheapest real ticket that you book and do not use. Cost approx 1500baht. 

21 hours ago, bokningar said:

Remember people used to have trouble at the Malaysian border if not staying at least one night outside Thailand some years ago.

I went to PB on 5th Feb 2020, arrived on the morning Hat Yai shuttle and left on the afternoon one, just wandered about the market for a couple of  hours.

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2022 at 1:42 PM, parafareno said:

what is this visa exempt?

It means no visa? I just come there?

And then i do 45 days and do 30 days extension?

then go border run to get another 45 days and then do extension

then do another border run and do 30 days extension?

Will they allow this?

What if they mess with me and not stamp my passport?

Thats why getting a single entry Visa makes more sense. Cheaper, guaranteed 60 days & best of all, don't have the hassles & waste time going to immigration to extend. Not much choice if you have to extend from 60 to 90 days, but if you know you plan on staying say 50 -60 days, SETV is the way to go.

I absolutely loathe having to go to immigration.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2022 at 3:44 AM, sandyf said:

I went to PB on 5th Feb 2020, arrived on the morning Hat Yai shuttle and left on the afternoon one, just wandered about the market for a couple of  hours.

Thanks for info. Some people say PB is very strict about staying at least 1 night out of Thailand.

2 hours ago, bokningar said:

Thanks for info. Some people say PB is very strict about staying at least 1 night out of Thailand.

There are 2 borders at PB, one in the railway station and one on the road. Only ever been through the railway station a few times.

I would imagine the majority of border bouncers have used the road which may well be different.