Thailand turns to Russia as foreign tourist revenue is projected to be only 21% of 2019 record figures

webfact

5 hours ago, RandiRona said:

May I suggest adding 3000 baht of tourist tax to overcome this shortfall? Desperate, old and pissy chasers Falangs will still come.... common a little more push and you can still make your numbers...logic and morality has never stopped you before so why stop now. 

LOL, who comes to Thailand for the Pissy these days.. Only ones coming for that is the India guys. They are the only one still gullible enough to fall for the sick buffalo lines....  Or what ever the latest Thai women are spouting these days..

4 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

Once you choose sides, the world will never forget.

Italy and Germany..................oh, you might try to change again.........you made your bed, and now you will have to sleep in it.

how easy it would be for Europe to simply block LOS.......it's not like they need LOS

Starting with you, by all means.????

There are many Russians who support Putin in his cruel, stupid war, BUT there are as many or more who do not.  I don't understand the attitude to not let them escape the <deleted> that is going down in Russia.  Let them come, help Thailand's economy and catch some sun.  (No, they probably will not spend as much as an American, but it'll be more than a Dutchman or Scotsman will spend. Squeak, squeak, ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blazes said:

So Eva Air will be bringing the Russians in via Taipei?  Did Xi Xi suggest to Vlad that this would be an excellent way to irritate the Taiwanese?

Eva air is a Taiwanese airline.

""EVA " stands for Evergreen Airways, is a Taiwanese international airline based at Taoyuan International Airport near Taipei, Taiwan"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EVA_Air#:~:text=EVA Air is headquartered in,分享世界,比翼雙飛).

They have no connection with China.  

Great airline. 

I'm sure with sanctions they'll not be going close or landing in Russian territory. 

Even China is still honoring the sanctions as Russia digs itself deeper into a hole (So far).

• Like 1

The Thai should give Türkiye tourist minister a call. 

One of the only place the Russians are allowed to go.

However the hotels / restaurants / souvenir shops / tours operators / bars/ are all complaining that the Russians credit card does not work and these Russians have no cash. 

This is causing a headache for Türkiye now, was broadcast on Türkiye TV two weeks ago.

I honestly pray they come to Thailand.

What asinine idea.  This is the brains of people with no knowledge about tourism or the results of trying circumventing the sanctions.

What airline is going to risk being sanctioned to transport a bunch of lousy Russian tourists?

They need a gut check.

Ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Eva air is a Taiwanese airline.

""EVA " stands for Evergreen Airways, is a Taiwanese international airline based at Taoyuan International Airport near Taipei, Taiwan"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EVA_Air#:~:text=EVA Air is headquartered in,分享世界,比翼雙飛).

They have no connection with China.  

Great airline. 

I'm sure with sanctions they'll not be going close or landing in Russian territory. 

Even China is still honoring the sanctions as Russia digs itself deeper into a hole (So far).

Oh dear. 

I don't bother replying to opinions that are clearly the result of a total inability to see that the original remarks were IRONIC.  (My fault for sure, since obviously the irony was not clear enough to save this poor soul from going to all the trouble to inform us [what all of us already know] that Eva Air is from Taiwan.)

Maybe re-read the original squib and see if you can see where the (admittedly lame) humour was going?

Sorry if it's confusing....

34 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

I have met more good Russian people here than I've met of any other nationality.

Shame on most of you treating them like they are any more like their government leader than you are to your governernment in charge.

Your pedestals are duly noted, as is the rope you are unrolling for yourselves.

In Finland has saying, what our grandparents say who experience war against Russia.

"Russian is Russian even fry whit butter".

Helsinki airport's parking garage is full Russian car's and not cheap model cars! Normal people can't go no place from Russia! 

Finland is now only country which let Russian tourist still entrance in EU from land border and soon also close borders from Russians. Problem is that many Schengen country still give tourist visa's to Russians. Finland obey Schengen area law's . Rich Russian's spend holiday and party all over Europe when they country kill people in Ukraine THATS REALLY WRONG! Maybe they start take even some negative thinking about attack in Ukraine if they going to be stuck in Russia!

And those Russian people maybe has something to say about war, they are not some old granmom's from Siperia who only watch own Russian news!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Gknrd said:

LOL, who comes to Thailand for the Pissy these days.. Only ones coming for that is the India guys. They are the only one still gullible enough to fall for the sick buffalo lines....  Or what ever the latest Thai women are spouting these days..

Well,  if you  talk to the ladies they will tell you about the bargaining they have to do to get guys of that nationality to part with their rupees...and talk to the girls who refuse any guy from that nationality as it's not worth the hassle... I doubt if any of these guys would support sick buffalos or the ladies themselves. 

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

caused the death of 5,827 Ukrainian citizens since the war began on February 24th

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yes, Thailand shame on you importing this nations tourists. Elite showing their true faces again to the world.  Still I guess they look at it as 'its only a 5th of our road deaths, so whats the problem ? ' 

I assume, then, you are also a fervent supporter of the idea,

to block US tourists from entering Thailand ?

~ 500.000 civilians dead

… alone from US led Iraq wars and their aftermath …

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, blazes said:

So Eva Air will be bringing the Russians in via Taipei?  Did Xi Xi suggest to Vlad that this would be an excellent way to irritate the Taiwanese?

Very interesting - could be a good way of infiltrating agents sympathetic to Communist China into Democratic Formosa (Taiwan)??