Wife is dead set on moving to London

cyril sneer

She is your "wife", why are you bothering us with your marital problems 5555

Intelligent men never marry after moving to Thailand ????

Best of luck, most men cannot understand how women think, so likely have no answers.  555

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

Live quite south but this is my plan, let her visit for 2 weeks and go around every <deleted>hole there is 

Edit> We both currently live in Thailand with decent income and accommodation

Tried explaining that we’d be working in supermarkets and wouldn’t save a penny.

Im sure she’d change her mind if visited, if not she can stay there and I’ll stay here 

Download and show her a few episodes of the Jeremy Kyle show, then tell her that you just wanted her to meet her potential new neighbours.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roo860 said:

When my wife visited UK a few years ago, we had a few days in London, staying Drury Lane area. Her highlight of the trip apart from seeing HM the Queen was China Town, she loaded up with vegetables etc, and said let's get back to our home in Cheshire.

Manchester has a small China town with lots of oriental food stores. Also several good buffet / all you can eat Chinese restaurants. My wife liked it there and parking , compared to London , is pretty easy.

53 minutes ago, Denim said:

Manchester has a small China town with lots of oriental food stores. Also several good buffet / all you can eat Chinese restaurants. My wife liked it there and parking , compared to London , is pretty easy.

oriental food stores. 

the 60s and 70s are calling and they want their adjective back.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Yes, I've been there many times, she hadn't. On later visits we did go there.

Stoke also has an excellent cash and carry for Oriental food, Thai brands as well.

Edited by roo860

5 hours ago, phetphet said:

Maybe show her some photos of the Mall, Hyde Park Corner and other local landmarks when gridlocked in the  rush hour.

Better still show her parts of Brixton, Peckham, Camberwell, Tottenham, Leyton, Wood Green, Hackney and Mile End. That should put her off wanting to move to London. Real life not so glamourous after all.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

After watching the queens funeral and Googling London salaries she is more ‘sure’ than ever before.

I’ve tried explaining the high cost of living and the horrors of house sharing but it doesn’t work. She insists getting a work permit won’t be an issue after following another Thai girl on TikTok.

How else can I convince her?

Let her go!

• Haha 1

In a Thai bird's eyes, the grass is always greener in farangland, but they do NOT understand the extra costs involved in living in farangland.....

Just start telling them about RATES for the home and cost, then the cost of WATER, then PETROL, then ELECTRIC, then the cost of a GARAGE, not a house, a GARAGE..............????

35 minutes ago, transam said:

In a Thai bird's eyes, the grass is always greener in farangland, but they do NOT understand the extra costs involved in living in farangland.....

Just start telling them about RATES for the home and cost, then the cost of WATER, then PETROL, then ELECTRIC, then the cost of a GARAGE, not a house, a GARAGE..............????

My wife wanted to come to England where I lived between Watford & St Albans, Herts. because I asked her to and she was a great help for selling everything off and me getting ready to leave England and retire in Thailand. 

I took a picture of her standing at the front gates of Buckingham Palace and when she showed the picture to her family they said Oh!  Your Sammy's house is beautiful. ????????

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, transam said:

Just say we're skint, you will live in a shed.........????

More or less tried to say this, all she says it’s only for a short term to make money.

I told her I save more money working in Thailand than when lived in London.

She’s on a very easy 23k admin job with her own office but still wants more money to pay off housing loan. 

She’ll make <deleted> all and live like <deleted> imo 

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

More or less tried to say this, all she says it’s only for a short term to make money.

I told her I save more money working in Thailand than when lived in London.

She’s on a very easy 23k admin job with her own office but still wants more money to pay off housing loan. 

She’ll make <deleted> all and live like <deleted> imo 

Well show her this post of mine.

Your wife/partner doesn't realize what she has to do yet to get to England and when she does she will not be able to work right away the last I heard.

I was told it is harder more than ever to get to stay and get to work in UK these days. 

When I eventually got my wife to England in 2003 it was dam hard enough then.

My wife could only come to UK the first visit for 6 months then go back Thailand before applying again to stay for 2 years in which time she could not work or use UK govt free facilities.

I had to show I had earnings enough to support and sponsership her and be responsible for her because my wife then did not have enough money to show she could support herself. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2022 at 4:15 PM, Denim said:

I used to eat at the all you can eat restaurants in London's China Town, but I never tried the satay at 1 quid a stick. Could get about 20 sticks for that in LOS.

On 9/21/2022 at 7:53 AM, phetphet said:

Ah! The old listening to another Thai girl on social media. They paint a picture that the roads are paved with gold

Maybe show her some photos of the Mall, Hyde Park Corner and other local landmarks when gridlocked in the  rush hour.

I had to explain to the GF that London only ever looks empty like that at very special occasions, such as a State Funeral and that normally it is packed with traffic, and suffers polluted air the  same as BKK.

You left out those dreary cold foggy days.  On a visit to London in 2006 I couldn't see most of the streets in front of me or behind me.  I decided to hit up the Big Wheel known as the London Eye to see if I could see over the fog, but nope not even then, of course it was late winter....never returned to see it again.  The best part of the trip was going to Dublin Ireland and visiting the Guinness Factory......