Wife is dead set on moving to London

cyril sneer

28 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

You didnt understand .

"Give you a bell" idsnt a reference to who invented the telephone, its a reference to the noise the phone makes when it rings .

The term dates back to when landlines used to ring a bell when a call was made , "give you a bell" = give you a call 

Ok, exactly. A stone age language that has missed development and the modern world, then. If you see that as a better thing. 

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Haha 2

You sure its another girl shes following on tik tok.. A friend i had  in Thailand told a similar story, a few years ago,  his Mrs told him much the same story  as yours  except it was another guy she'd been chatting too on the internet promising her all sorts ..they left for the UK, he wrote to tell me she'd left him, and i  never heard more from him

39 minutes ago, Cardano said:

You're wrong again AGB invented the telephone and it was Eddison who improve the transmission side to enable greater distances between calls. 

Carry on posting your condescending tripe as you wish and see fit. People will see it for what it is and ignore it. 

Like you are doing?

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What , you think people should say "I'll give you a Stairway to heaven" later tonight , instead of a ring ?

Again? Who told you that? or, do you just make up things as you go? What has a stairway to heaven to do with the word ring?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Again? Who told you that? or, do you just make up things as you go? What has a stairway to heaven to do with the word ring?

Again, you missed the joke :

Stairway to heaven is a song and people use the song as a ringtone . 

So, instead of saying give me a ring (bell) , they should say give me a stairway to heaven (ringtone song replacing bell ) .

You do seem to have difficulty in following 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Brits generally don’t appreciate the fact that many people in the world would give anything to live in the UK.  Same situation with the USA. I am satisfied with having retired in Thailand with a nice retirement income and a Thai girlfriend who wouldn’t think of leaving Thailand.  I am a big fan of the UK but could not possibly afford to live there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, actonion said:

You sure its another girl shes following on tik tok.. A friend i had  in Thailand told a similar story, a few years ago,  his Mrs told him much the same story  as yours  except it was another guy she'd been chatting too on the internet promising her all sorts ..they left for the UK, he wrote to tell me she'd left him, and i  never heard more from him

I suppose there's ways and means to be able to do what she did but in most cases she would be sent back to Thailand. 

14 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Again, you missed the joke :

Stairway to heaven is a song and people use the song as a ringtone . 

So, instead of saying give me a ring (bell) , they should say give me a stairway to heaven (ringtone song replacing bell ) .

You do seem to have difficulty in following 

Yes, too may songs have been used as ringtones, so it was a little bit strange to just pick one and call it a ring tone. Seems like you are happy understanding your own poor attempt to joke.

14 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

having retired in Thailand with a nice retirement income

14 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

I am a big fan of the UK but could not possibly afford to live there.

Those two does not come together very well, do they?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

As I've said previously I'm a big Anglophile. I first visited the UK in 1980 and many times after that.

It isn't all about London, which I think you do once and you're done, but the country as a whole is wonderful.

I especially like Wales and it's coastline and have spent many happy vacations there.

I like Thailand, I like being back in the US but I could equally see me being happy living in the UK..

For OP it's really a case of whether or not he wants to let his lady experience a life outside of Thailand.

My Thai wife grew up in her teenage years in Chicago after her parents died and went to live with her aunt and uncle. We met when we were both working in Singapore before moving back to Thailand then back to the US.

Neither of us can say we regretted any of our moves. Maybe we could have been richer money wise staying in one place, but I'd say we're richer in many other ways having experienced different countries and lifestyles

Did you let or take your wife to UK is the question for OP. 

50 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Did you let or take your wife to UK is the question for OP. 

Thats a good question.

For me, Yes I was bored with Thailand, but when our son decided he wasn't coming back to Thailand after college, Momma Bear was headed to the US come Hell or high water, and I was tagging along for the ride

16 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

Brits generally don’t appreciate the fact that many people in the world would give anything to live in the UK.  Same situation with the USA. I am satisfied with having retired in Thailand with a nice retirement income and a Thai girlfriend who wouldn’t think of leaving Thailand.  I am a big fan of the UK but could not possibly afford to live there.

just jump of a dinghy at the coast you will get accomodation and everything free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1