Pheu Thai warns of possible backlash if Prayut remains in power for another term ahead of Constitutional court’s ruling next week

webfact

image.jpeg

By Erich Parpart

The main opposition – Pheu Thai party has come out to say that it would likely nominate its only candidate remaining in the party as the potential candidate for Prime Ministership if the Constitutional Court hands down verdict to end 2014 coup leader’s term as Prime Minister.

Pheu Thai also came out to warn that if General Prayut Chan-o-cha is allowed to remain in power for longer than this term (which ends on March 23, 2023) the likelihood of ‘resistance’ against the regime will likely grow.

Pheu Thai said that despite the party having 3 eligible nominees, the party will only nominate one candidate for the premier position, if the Constitutional Court rules that suspended Prime Minister General Prayut’s 8-year premiership term already ended.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/44509/pheu-thai-warns-of-possible-backlash-if-prayut-remains-in-power-for-another-term-ahead-of-constitutional-courts-ruling-next-week/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-09-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, lujanit said:

I don't which is worse.  Pheu Thai with two self exiled ex PM's (corruption charges) or Cha Cha and his merry band of thieves.  Pick either and the Thai people are behind the eight ball again (still).

The blind following the blind.

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Backlash? 

The only way Thaksin or one of his clones can come back to power is by winning an election… in a landslide.

By blacklash do you mean the election losers, by definition a minority, will refuse to play by the rules and accept their defeat and instead set out to cause mayhem through violence in order to create a pretext for another coup?

What an awful thing to support.

It seems millions of Thais still support the criminal fugitive and his criminal family.

I hope they all come back and go to jail.

What an awful thing to support criminals.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

I don’t know which is worse, a paper cut on my pinky finger or a close range shot to the head from a 44 magnum revolver.

????????????

Let the Thai people pick their own government via free and fair elections, should they end up behind the eight ball again - no worries, in a democracy the people can just vote that government out at the next election.

????????????

Very difficult to vote out of power a Govt with 250 appointed Senators loyal to the mob now in control.

The opposition will need a huge majority of elected MPs, 376 out of 500.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, pomchop said:

you mean like people who form coups to oust elected government rather than at the ballot box?

The last two coups would not have happened if Thaksin and his family wouldn't be so greedy and behave like they are above the law.

If lots of uneducated farmers want to vote again for the criminals, then I can't change that. But they also shouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself.

If they want a competent and honest government then they should vote for competent and honest politicians (as much as that is possible). That shouldn't be too difficult to understand... 

thai-soldiers-receive-roses-from-coup-su

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The last two coups would not have happened if Thaksin and his family wouldn't be so greedy and behave like they are above the law.

If lots of uneducated farmers want to vote again for the criminals, then I can't change that. But they also shouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself.

If they want a competent and honest government then they should vote for competent and honest politicians (as much as that is possible). That shouldn't be too difficult to understand... 

1D624DC1-FA91-4052-BE41-EB0A945C1BCF.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure the thai populace will be very interested in taking directions on who they should or should not vote for from a farang.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lujanit said:

I don't which is worse.  Pheu Thai with two self exiled ex PM's (corruption charges) or Cha Cha and his merry band of thieves.  Pick either and the Thai people are behind the eight ball again (still).

One might think that these corrupted and underhanded choices are the only ones available [which is the reality] to the people. By way of the establishment controlled media, you'll never hear about alternative options nor ever promoted and engaged.

Wondering if this side of the press is weary of the same old regurgitated rhetoric that is expected. 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Pheu Thai also came out to warn that if General Prayut Chan-o-cha is allowed to remain in power for longer than this term (which ends on March 23, 2023) the likelihood of ‘resistance’ against the regime will likely grow.

Thailands political set-up is in a total mess.

Other countries will be watching the fall-out over who should be in power, who should be the PM, who should go and who should stay.

Let alone the ability to have a free and democratic vote with the senate rigged in favour of certain parties.

And Thailand wants foreign investment to secure it's commercial future.. NO CHANCE