Tricky farang in a Lambo! Egg seller claims foreigner switched drivers after accident

webfact

2 hours ago, OttoPollmann said:

Questionable should also be the load of the pickup. With 2100kg of eggs the payload of the D-max is way too much exceeded.

"...with 2100kg of eggs..." Equally questionable is where was it stated that the pickup was carrying eggs weighing 2,100kg?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Are vehicles in Thailand only permitted to be operated using the original tyres?    What are "racing tyres" anyway and which pictures are you looking at that show them in enough detail for you to determine their purpose?

racing tyres are tyres for ... wait for it .... racing! ????

fatter, wider and lower profile. possibly even a different rubber compound. for when you want to track your Rexxy or Supra on the weekends. or when an old Datto LOL.

oh, and there very, very expensive. 

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Have insurance taken a photo of your car every year of policy renewal ???

If you have a new policy you will be required to have it photographed. If it's a continuous policy, with the same insurer, then no. But in the event of an accident the original photo's will be used to check for modifications.  Insurers ain't gonna cough up if they don't have to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With 2100kg of eggs the payload of the D-max is way too much exceeded.

Especially with those aftermarket rims and skinny racing tires. Those failing under the weight of many melons or chickens has been a frequent news item. Gotta look fast and cool is their train of thought, still needing the truck for work is not.

iyuIm sure Curious although not relevant to the driver accusation what was the cause of the accident? 

You would figure anyone with the ability of owning such a vehicle wouldn't have the need to switch certainly not get cheap and act stupid after by switching then adding insult after by offering 6000 baht. 

I'm sure after egg lady got over the shock saw the type of vehicle checked CCTV,  smiled $$$$$, get me a lawyer????

No one is going to jail get real if you can't even find red bull don't make me laugh. This is going going away soon now that it is new. Whoever the owner just need to up the amount and it will go away.  If you can actually own one and at fault told the egg lady here medical all paid, eggs 100,000 plus to cover your lost,  fix or replace truck as needed,  another 200,000 for you trouble pain and suffering or greed end of story this wouldn't be news? 

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Questionable should also be the load of the pickup. With 2100kg of eggs the payload of the D-max is way too much exceeded.

"...with 2100kg of eggs..." Equally questionable is where was it stated that the pickup was carrying eggs weighing 2,100kg?

Technically feasible (2100kgs of eggs in transport), but as you argue, nowhere is 2100kgs of eggs quoted.

The article quotes 1,385 eggs....

..... valued at 190,000 Baht....  I want to know what eggs are worth 137 baht each !!! 

Translated quote: https://www.dailynews.co.th/news/1495417/

The accident Damaged all 1,385 eggs that he put in the back of the car, totaling 190,000 baht.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, thailand49 said:

after by offering 6000 baht.

Traffic accidents victims are not treated free in Thailand. Hence why the driver paid her 6,000 Baht. She had NO insurance, not even the Por Ror Bor or that would have covered her medical bill. She should not have been out on the road. I can't speak for him other than he seemed to have been aware of his responsibility.

28 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:
39 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Have insurance taken a photo of your car every year of policy renewal ???

If you have a new policy you will be required to have it photographed. If it's a continuous policy, with the same insurer, then no. But in the event of an accident the original photo's will be used to check for modifications.  Insurers ain't gonna cough up if they don't have to.

I have had 8 cars... Insurance have only ever taken a photo of one of the cars (an expensive one).... 

Did insurance come out to take photos of your car for the policy ?

Anyone else, have you had insurance come out to take a photo of your car at the beginning or renewal of your policy ?

Edited by richard_smith237

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Everytime I take/took out a new policy. It's standard procedure. Google is yer friend.

Insurance companies however do not see it the same way. It is therefore best for you to know and understand how insurance companies think about the topic

https://www.bolttech.co.th/en/car-insurance/tips/modified-car-coverage

Edited by IvorBiggun2

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I have had 8 cars... Insurance have only ever taken a photo of one of the cars (an expensive one).... 

Anyone else, has insurance come out to take a photo of your car at the beginning of the policy ?

Yes and no, no visit, it was all done with a smartphone/video link...Checked for any dings etc...Roojai....

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

EGGSactly

It's an EGGSciting story, that's for sure. Of course, no-one should be EGGSempt from justice, so I EGGSpect them both to be charged. No doubt the real driver is guilty of EGGSessive drinking, so should get an EGGStra-long sentence. 

(All those years of reading The Beano Easter edition as a kid finally came in handy!)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:
10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Everytime I take/took out a new policy. It's standard procedure. Google is yer friend.

Google is my friend.... As is experience....  Insurance have not come out and taken photo of 7 of my cars... they did for one.

Thus... Your argument that ‘insurance comes out and takes photos of your car....’ is not true....  certainly not for the cars I have had (BMW’s, Hondas, Mazda etc)...

Maybe you had cars worth more than 5 MB...  thats the only time insurance came out to photograph my car, take chassis number etc... 

6 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:
15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The article quotes 1,385 eggs....

..... valued at 190,000 Baht....  I want to know what eggs are worth 137 baht each !!! 

actually, the article quotes 1,385 trays of eggs

usually a tray has 30 eggs 

In that case....  2100 kgs of eggs is perfectly feasible.... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes and no, no visit, it was all done with a smartphone/video link...Checked for any dings etc...Roojai....

10 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

Yes.

9 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Yep, just changed providers, they came and took pictures.

Seems like its just me (out of the responders so far)...   strange how experiences can vary so much... 

Could it be a Bangkok thing where insurance doesn’t bother to take the photo ?

Its certainly not restricted to company as I’ve switched and changed insurance with various cars.